Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
laclongquan said:
Break through Kyo then you stalemate the Ashikaga for further easy counterinvasions. Then you strike at the land of musketeers,

Why?

Because Tanegashima got two boss characters with powerful attack. One of them is necessary for complete a girl from 'conventional empire' reinforcement. The other is the second funniest girl in the entire game. Try to grab her before finish off the Iga, or furries's land. Gahahaha.
I understand what you are saying to this point.

Yuzuhara Yuzumi
sengokuranceyuzuharayuz.jpg

laclongquan said:
The funniest girl, alas, is too expensive. You are to gain oil Field, hire three men there, then with bonus you can call Dousan-chan. I dont know about you but I think she's nearly worth the 5 command fans you paid to get her.
What I don't understand is this, please elaborate.

KalosKagathos

Learned
There are three characters you can recruit at the Oil Fields. After recruiting all of them you can get a new character as a satisfaction bonus.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Reading is the hard sometimes. Shit was just not adding up, but I understand now, after reading it like 5 times, the whole post that is.
After recruiting all of them you can get a new character as a satisfaction bonus.
I dont know about you but I think she's nearly worth the 5 command fans you paid to get her.
Hey people, it's not like I'm paying those 5 fans for her alone.

Thanks, for the tip, btw.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah, well, too detailed may ruin the moments. My bad for that.

Anyway, about Dousan-chan. Her three men are (maybe) useful in the early phase, but later on you just replace them with more central characters. meaning that the 3 command fans used to hire them considered to be wasted. And they dont even have any other bonus, ala Shibata-Ranmaru.

I tried many ways to get that fucking fish to hire them automatically but he just wont do it. Not even the two sister in Kyo. Sigh. Ashikaga remain a small fish, too cheap to even backstab us.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
---------------------------------------------------
*Between the turn*

So I hit the "End Turn" and was expecting Ashikaga to counter-attack, but that did not happen (after a few tests I came to the conclusion that the 50/50 is at work again), which doesn't mean that we won't see his ugly mug.

alcg0124.jpg

By talented man he means three Commanders, Ashikawa tries to recruit them to fight against us.

alcg0149.jpg

Fortunately, he's incompetence prevents him from hiring ANYBODY. While we are talking about his army, there is only one Commander I would call a "Problem", her name is Isoroku Yamamoto...

Admiral_Isoroku_Yamamoto.jpg

But anyway, about this topic we will talk later... to the next event.

alcg0125.jpg

Our borders reached the land of the Muskets, so we get an introduction.

alcg0126.jpg

Dude, what's wrong with your face... I mean body?!

When our armies start marching through their territory, then we will talk about them in more detail.

*Between the turn*
Turn #6

Our turn kicks in and so does an event...

alcg0080.jpg

Remember the female-assassin that the Head Ninja from Iga send to kill us? Well, she's here... and apparently likes to talk to herself...

alcg0081.jpg

alcg0082.jpg

alcg0083.jpg

alcg0084.jpg

alcg0085.jpg

alcg0086.jpg

alcg0087.jpg

alcg0088.jpg

alcg0089.jpg

Rance is a challenger, he fucks with his life on the line. A real Hero.
:mhd:

alcg0090.jpg

alcg0091.jpg

alcg0092.jpg

alcg0093.jpg

alcg0094.jpg

alcg0095.jpg

alcg0096.jpg

alcg0097.jpg

alcg0098.jpg

alcg0099.jpg

alcg0100.jpg

alcg0101.jpg

alcg0102.jpg

alcg0103.jpg

alcg0104.jpg

alcg0105.jpg

alcg0106.jpg

alcg0107.jpg

alcg0108.jpg

alcg0109.jpg

alcg0110.jpg

Don't worry folks, Suzume will be back soon... for more :smug:

But anyway, let's get down do business, war.

alcg0131.jpg

Ashikaga has been left with one territory which has 3 strongholds. It's exactly the same scenario as the turn earlier, so we will use the same tactic as earlier.

alcg0127.jpg

Now this was easy, ha, I even know why. Because of the Blitz, Ashikaga didn't even have time to deploy Yamamoto...

Rape&Pillage™ time.

alcg0128.jpg

alcg0129.jpg

alcg0130.jpg

...and along with him we capture Yamamoto.

For defeating Ashikaga we get a lovely event - the "Dual Dick Sucking" Scene.

alcg0134.jpg

alcg0135.jpg

alcg0136.jpg

alcg0137.jpg

alcg0138.jpg

alcg0139.jpg

alcg0140.jpg

alcg0141.jpg

alcg0142.jpg

alcg0143.jpg

alcg0144.jpg

alcg0145.jpg

alcg0146.jpg

alcg0147.jpg

alcg0148.jpg

Another Lesbian relationship saved.

alcg0132.jpg

In the next turn we will focus on building up our army.

Our satisfaction is at level 23 now (10 when we started, +3 for the first Hime in Kyo, +5 for Suzume, +5 for the the Lesbians).

Let's also take a sneak pick into the prison.

alcg0133.jpg

The only person which I intend on assimilation is our beautiful Archer Yamamoto. I will release the rest, maybe one of them will drop an item.

(Sorry for the imagine spam but Rance is fucking like a rabbit)

End of turn #6

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
You get +1 level up item every 5 prisoners released.

pipka

Savant
I always try to capture the demon kid tactician dude from Ashikaga. His ability to directly influence combat meter is useful in some battles. Notably furries early on, cuz they're tough, and demons ofc.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So I relented and got the game as well. Damn, it's funny as hell. Weird-ass jap shit, ofc but I've chuckled out lout several times after funny scenes. Too bad the AI cheats like crazy but I guess that's the only way for them to pose any challenge to the player.

Black

Arcane
Okay I'll plan for you.
Miko institute after fish guys (furries somewhere in-between) to get Notori.
How does that sound
So I relented and got the game as well.
You removed it from the inventory for fucking and stayed for the gameplay.
I know. We all did.

Black said:
Okay I'll plan for you.
How does that sound

There is also a monk that Natori usually deploys in one of the first two fights. She will have excellent stats, a good keeper for most of the game. Make sure to capture her.

Name is Himiko. All 7 in stats, 6 action points. Aside from just being a pretty damn nice combat unit for most of the game, if she gets the skill that lets her spend an action point to give another unit an action point, it means nukers like Natori can nuke 7 times a battle instead of just once. Also, ridiculously valuable for dungeon battles since you can spam the stronger attacks 6 times in a row with your strongest unit.

Black said:
You get +1 level up item every 5 prisoners released.
Keep in mind, only for each 5 released at the same time. Release them in batches of 1-4, you get nothing. Its an excellent way to give Rance some extra free levels, though.

GarfunkeL said:
Too bad the AI cheats like crazy but I guess that's the only way for them to pose any challenge to the player.
Enemy troop sizes are scaled to your own within a few rules. Which is why most of the fun of the tactical part is collecting all the characters with good unique abilities to tear things apart. It's not that bad, in that respect.

laclongquan

Arcane
To get the Iga ninja leader Inukai, you must have at least 4 action points before you can have the slimmest chance of victory.One on One and 3 dogs. Iam of two minds about Inukai. On one hand he's can give two ninja two levelup: Suzume and the 1st reinforcement of traditional empire. On another you lost the chance to conquer Iga and have a +5sat scene with kunoichi. Tsk! Choice and consequence.

The kid tactician can use his ability about 3 times before it change into something generic. Best use of him is on the Takeda with their fucking cavalry and the fucking ability furinkazan of the 4 leaders. Fuck, I quaked everytimes I faced those chickens. The only defense is a quick offense: quick ninja to snuff off the ninja, endure the 2 dangerous generals till the later half then smash a change morale command. 4 playthrough and I still cant hire all Takeda generals and unlock the bonus.

And Wolfy, you forget to use applocale. Even though the patch make playing a little better, for complete glory you must use applocale.

Black

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Keep in mind, only for each 5 released at the same time. Release them in batches of 1-4, you get nothing. Its an excellent way to give Rance some extra free levels, though.
Didn't know that.
Also, it's good that troops scale to your level (zomg). You can play the game many times differently and every time the game will flow differently.
Now the question remains why can't Japs repeat this in their "rpgs".
Or why can't westerners repeat this.
if she gets the skill that lets her spend an action point to give another unit an action point, it means nukers like Natori can nuke 7 times a battle instead of just once.
Fuck this shit, give Uruza another action point and let her spam her Accurate Shots for immobile enemies.

laclongquan

Arcane
Accurate Shots is too powerful. Uruza is good but with that she's broken.

I know what you mean, though. Depend on the bonus, it will change whether we go east or west, go far or go near.

On another note, Shibata is funny. Very funny.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Okay I'll plan for you.
How does that sound
Not bad but... no.

I intend to go with Laclongquan plan, we will strike Tanegashima next. After that The Miko Institute.
There is also a monk that Natori usually deploys in one of the first two fights. She will have excellent stats, a good keeper for most of the game. Make sure to capture her.

Name is Himiko. All 7 in stats, 6 action points. Aside from just being a pretty damn nice combat unit for most of the game, if she gets the skill that lets her spend an action point to give another unit an action point, it means nukers like Natori can nuke 7 times a battle instead of just once. Also, ridiculously valuable for dungeon battles since you can spam the stronger attacks 6 times in a row with your strongest unit.
Yeah, I know about her, got her in my first playthrough, she's useful as hell.

An ass worth capturing.
Hey, thanks. That is some important info.
To get the Iga ninja leader Inukai, you must have at least 4 action points before you can have the slimmest chance of victory.One on One and 3 dogs. Iam of two minds about Inukai. On one hand he's can give two ninja two levelup: Suzume and the 1st reinforcement of traditional empire. On another you lost the chance to conquer Iga and have a +5sat scene with kunoichi. Tsk! Choice and consequence.
I will think about that extra action when we reach satisfaction level 40 (or was it 50), or we find that damn book.
And Wolfy, you forget to use applocale. Even though the patch make playing a little better, for complete glory you must use applocale.
I remember using it a long time ago, didn't go so well that time. But now... HOY SHIT IT'S AWESOME. Thanks again.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
When we conquer the "Musket Land" and the "Miko Ins.", then we will think about further expansions.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Are you going to conquer the Triforce country? I never made it since I defeated/conquered the goddess of war.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
If we manage to keep up the pace then probably - yes.
I also always attack the "Goddess of War" first. The trick to not let those Tadeka bastards conquer the Triforce is to declare war on them (either of them if I'm not mistaken) just before you finish off the Goddess.

laclongquan

Arcane
Takeda is conquered if their two original lands are captured. Even if they seize lots of lands, all those bases belong to us. SInce I am a cheap bastard, sometimes I let Takeda capture one or two lands then I smash them. If you do it fast, they wont have the time to gather troops to 4-strike blitz.

When you got the item that halve your troops but double your action (working bee?) equip that on Yuzumi. Her unique attack plus low AP, low troops, make her an ideal candicate.

By the way, Ashikaga Shitface should be in your prison. In most of those routes you can get an excellent item from him with just a few command fan. After the Temple Assault event, though.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
But
When you declare war on Takeda before killing off the furry country then they'll declare war as well. And since I'm playing [True Route], the Tenshi sect declares war as well so I'm fighting against 3-4 people at once (since the goddess declares war after you conquer the asai-asakura country). At least that's how I fucked up my current game. :|

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Look...
Asai-Asakura are worthless morons that only cause problems, leave them the fuck alone. What is worst, the "working bee" is in Texas... hell, I can make them my Vassals if I really want that item.
Takeda is conquered if their two original lands are captured. Even if they seize lots of lands, all those bases belong to us. SInce I am a cheap bastard, sometimes I let Takeda capture one or two lands then I smash them. If you do it fast, they wont have the time to gather troops to 4-strike blitz.
Hmm, sounds like a plan that will save me a shitload of Fans.
By the way, Ashikaga Shitface should be in your prison. In most of those routes you can get an excellent item from him with just a few command fan. After the Temple Assault event, though.
I think I know about which item you are talking about.
LOTR_Fell001_SauronRing.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Let me take that back about game only posing a challenge by cheating - the Demon Army is fucking INSANE. They took over Mouri and Takeda, followed by 6-pronged assault on my poor troops. I managed to win 3 of those :( Well, at least they calmed down after that a little. Looks pretty bad though, their armies have 2.5k footsoldier units and nearly all the other units are ~1k as well, dwarfing most of my troops. Oh well, at least Rance is now so powerful he tears through most formations easily.

Good luck Wolfy, it'll be interesting to see how your LP differentiates from my [true] game.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
GarfunkeL said:
Let me take that back about game only posing a challenge by cheating - the Demon Army is fucking INSANE. They took over Mouri and Takeda, followed by 6-pronged assault on my poor troops. I managed to win 3 of those :( Well, at least they calmed down after that a little. Looks pretty bad though, their armies have 2.5k footsoldier units and nearly all the other units are ~1k as well, dwarfing most of my troops. Oh well, at least Rance is now so powerful he tears through most formations easily.
Welcome to your first playthrough, enjoy your stay (in which turn are you?).

GarfunkeL said:
Good luck Wolfy, it'll be interesting to see how your LP differentiates from my [true] game.
Don't forget I'm running on bonuses. Some things will be impossible for you... at least now.

KalosKagathos

Learned
GarfunkeL said:
Let me take that back about game only posing a challenge by cheating - the Demon Army is fucking INSANE. They took over Mouri and Takeda, followed by 6-pronged assault on my poor troops. I managed to win 3 of those :(
Don't worry too much: that was a scripted event meant to introduce the Shimazu brothers. Hope you had a laugh at the black archer chick's backstory. :)

EDIT: And another thing: the demon army can't replenish their troops normally because nobody is crazy enough to willingly join Xavier.

Black

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:

Demon army does only one blitz attack, with 5 raids. You should fight some Takeda, you'll rage hard because ever few turns they launch a blitz attack that's almost impossible to defend, since their chocobos are sick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom