Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
She has a...shape-changing butt?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
---------------------------------------------------
*Between the turn*

So we get an introduction to the Asai-Asakura, they are the country to the north (three circles).

alcg0150.jpg

Yeah, you're so fucking civilized: bribery, backstabbing and starting coups in other countries... we're gonna leave them alone for now.

Next event.

alcg0151.jpg

Suzume returns...

alcg0152.jpg

...and joins our army.

*Between the turn*
Turn #7

alcg0153.jpg

The damage our troops have take is quite low. I also released 5 enemy Commanders and got this "Happy Pokkuro", I will probably give it to Rance.

alcg0154.jpg

Next stop is bailing Yamamoto out of prison.

alcg0155.jpg

We need 17 negotiation points to do this.

alcg0156.jpg

She's mine.

alcg0157.jpg

alcg0158.jpg

alcg0159.jpg

alcg0160.jpg

Now it's time to recruit some more people, mainly the "Miko Three" and the so-called "Master" of theirs. This process will take two turns because of the needed amount of Fans.

alcg0161.jpg

Two Fans left so for now we will take the Tactician and the Diviner, lucky for us we only need 3 points of neg. for each.

alcg0162.jpg

You can see their units (two at the bottom), that's some pretty decent numbers if I can say so myself.

alcg0163.jpg

So we run out of Fans.

End of turn #7

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Seriously guys I'm still kind of freaked out about the shape-changing butt.

So, which route shall you be taking us on?

Another advancement of Sengoku Rance that has yet to be replicated in current gen RPG's: Different routes through the game, not different last minute one liners that give different cutscene endings.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
We are taking the True Route, I'm pretty sure this was Hümmelgümpf's plan form the start (he is no longer with us so we can't find out for sure), because... you know... some people didn't actually play this game.

If I manage to reach the end (as in "not drop it") then we will think about the IF Routes (there are five of them). Actually, after this playthrough I was planing to play one of the IF's.

Black

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
We are taking the True Route, I'm pretty sure this was Hümmelgümpf's plan form the start (he is no longer with us so we can't find out for sure), because... you know... some people didn't actually play this game.
I'm sure they're fixing this as we speak.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Black said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
I'm sure they're fixing this as we speak.
The game is probably doing them three ways from Sunday. Anyway, I will try to push out a small update before 11:30 (Codex time which is GMT 0), after that I have to go to the dentist and die there in the process of trying to repair my teeth.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
*Between the turn*

alcg0164.jpg

So Inukai gets a letter from Suzume, saying that she is joining Oda. This is the best way to politely betray someone. Got to remember it.

alcg0165.jpg

As the second event we get an introduction to Takeda (the country to the east - the orange flag). You better believe what it says in that pic, those motherfuckers make Shepardwhatwashisnameagain look like a crying little girl, all five of them have high stats, units with more then 1000 soldiers and special skills that make you instantly their bitch...

While we are by crying, their "Cavalry", a unit type only they possess, can attack both rows in battle and make range units beg for mercy. It's that fucking bad.

*Between the turn*
Turn #8

alcg0170.jpg

As soon as our turn start we get a cute event where Rance and Co. are at cherry viewing.

alcg0171.jpg

Let's continue where we left off in the previous turn. So we have to recruit the last guy from the "Miko Three".

alcg0172.jpg

Now it's time to get the "Master"... Rance Satisfaction Bonus GO!

alcg0173.jpg

DAR SHE BLOWS!

alcg0174.jpg

Holy Cocaine Sniffing Jesus... over 900 soldiers and Atc. is level 7. What kind of a monster is this girl... well fuck that, she is on our side now... GAHAHAHA!

What more, that last warrior we recruited has Speed at level 7 (it means he will be able to attack in short intervals, sometimes it's vital), which doesn't exactly make him useless.

alcg0175.jpg

And the last Fan goes to... WAR!

alcg0176.jpg

alcg0177.jpg

Let's look up Rance-Sex-Stats, 36 women banged, we still need 264. Oh yeah, how do you think, should I give the "Staff Popularity" to someone else now?

End of Turn #8

Last edited:

Devil

Scholar
Sup bros, it's me Satan. Remember, I'm a loyal lurker here on the Codex.

But anyway, I'm posting from hell to unfortunetly inform you that WhiskeyWolf met a tragic fate at his dentist. Were having a cup of boiling oil as we speak.

He asked me to post about it, at least I could do this for him.

WhiskeyWolf said:
alcg0174.jpg

Holy Cocaine Sniffing Jesus... over 900 soldiers and Atc. is level 7. What kind of a monster is this girl... well fuck that, she is on our side now... GAHAHAHA!

What more, that last warrior we recruited has Speed at level 7 (it means he will be able to attack in short intervals, sometimes it's vital), which doesn't exactly make him useless.

Meh, like I mentioned earlier you can get a monk with all 7 in stats and 6 action pretty soon. Really wasn't worth the fans IMO since its just going to be a short term advantage. What are her skills, though?

WhiskeyWolf said:
alcg0177.jpg

Oh yeah, how do you think, should I give the "Staff Popularity" to someone else now?

Generally, you want to choose someone early on in the game and keep it on them forever (except to switch out items for really important battles). This is because after going over 500 and 1000 soldiers, the price increases quite a bit for each additional soldier. Almost doubles, IIRC. Past 1k, you keep it on them simply because it lets you take their group over the max soldier limit, creating a single uber powerful character.

I usually keep mine on a bonus point diviner you buy at the start since diviners are normally very expensive, but that's because she has the best diviner skills from the start which noone else other then the story characters have (AoE attack that rips up high defensive armies, mass block defense that saves your ass against enemies like Takeda). Looking through your units, I would give it to either Suzume or Isoroku, both of which can get their own very powerful unique skills that lets them pierce blocking and hit multiple enemies at once, along with instantly assassinating enemy commanders. You may want to spend some cash to boost up their initial troop levels to 500 at least, since the staff become more useful the more troops they already have. If you want to focus on those characters, make sure they also get any stat buffing books that rance can't use.

Black

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Meh, like I mentioned earlier you can get a monk with all 7 in stats and 6 action pretty soon. Really wasn't worth the fans IMO since its just going to be a short term advantage. What are her skills, though?
I tried capturing her when Natori deployed her for the 1st time.
2 light attacks, defeated warrior hunt, made sure not to overkill- nothing.
And reloaded and did the same 2 more times!
What a bitch.

Also, later when I get Maria I always give her the staff. Because +20 sick troops who annihilate others (especially with rapid fire) is too good to pass.

Black said:
Overweight Manatee said:
I tried capturing her when Natori deployed her for the 1st time.
2 light attacks, defeated warrior hunt, made sure not to overkill- nothing.
And reloaded and did the same 2 more times!
What a bitch.

Also, later when I get Maria I always give her the staff. Because +20 sick troops who annihilate others (especially with rapid fire) is too good to pass.

Really? I've almost never had problems capturing her fairly easily. She really is useful. If you like Maria, imagine how badass it would be if she could use rapid fire 3-4 times per battle :lol:

Black

Arcane
I found out what was wrong.
Apparently when your prison is nearly full you no longer capture enemy troops through battles.
I guess the place is reserves for some important characters that go into prison.

That's true, I've heard that the more people you have in your prison the less chance you have to capture. As soon as you get 5 nameless people you don't need, you should be freeing them for the +1 level bonus item.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Elzair, there's lots of hentai-scenes but the game isn't really good for fapping. You have to think and do too much between them and the poor japs were pinchy and only drawed two different images for each scene - the act and the result and the only difference is cum flying.

Some of them do deliver quality lulz, that's for sure. Like the Miko of Death. Damn, I laughed out loud.

Anyway, tips for other newbies: do not fuck with Takeda unless you enjoy headdesk. My ~1k ranged units were raped in two turns by their cavalry. Also, just like in original Panzer General, it is quite possible to fuck up your game early-on, ie wasting time and creating sub-par army, which turns Demon Army pretty impossible. I was on turn 94 but had to restart. New game is going much, much better.

I've pretty much concentrated on a single 6-unit team for assaults and then a secondary and tertiary teams to help in defence and dungeons. My late-game team currently is Rance, Ranmaru and Senhime for the front row and Suzume, Isoroku and Fuuka for the back row. It's been a pretty sweet combination, since I've buffed them as much as possible.

Here's my army on current turn, 72. I hope it's good enough to go against Mouri and get them before the fucking demons take them over.

And btw, if nothing else, the japs do make great music. The game has a sweet, sweet soundtrack and I love the way they use it - intermingled with silent moments and different pieces for different emotions. I don't remember getting as much impact from mere music in any recent WRPG :/

Black

Arcane
Where are your reinforcement from other countries!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom