Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games where you save princesses that aren't made by nintendo?

Lizard

Learned
What are the best games you know where you are a man who saves princesses that aren't made by nintendo?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Save? Nest making dragon is trying to get married to some decent girl. Most of them are princesses, the rest are crazy.

Lizard

Learned
Yes, and the beginning of the push back against our male hobby was against saving them as a stereotypical objective. I'm sure there are plenty like Ultima Underworld. Just curious what are the best in other people's opinion, since I'm feeling like playing some games and I don't feel like playing the therapist simulators that pass as games now or hanging out with virtual faggots. Also I feel like you could chart a decline in these types of stories, not that I felt like there were that many.

the "damsel in distress" is a common theme in many stories

lol > https://www.watchmojo.com/articles/top-10-video-game-damsels-in-distress/

Watchmojo sucks: Dragon's Lair isn't a video game, bioshock lmao, gears of war lmao, kingdom hearts lmao, shadow of mordor lmao, RE4 ok I guess, Ico not my type of game, double dragon meh, then nintendo like I said.

Fargus

Arcane
What are the best games you know where you are a man who saves princesses that aren't made by nintendo?
Alicesoft's "Rance" game series has many such cases.
Are these princesses virgins? :)

I haven't played any of these games but given what little i know about them, princesses won't stay virgins for long when protagonist is around. Whether they like it or not.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Alicesoft's "Rance" game series has many such cases.
Are these princesses virgins? :)

I haven't played any of these games but given what little i know about them, princesses won't stay virgins for long when protagonist is around. Whether they like it or not.
Well Rance is rape first, think later.

Not much point listing only "the best" when there are hardly any to begin with.

Witcher 3 (Ciri is a princess)
Monkey Island (a governor/governor's daughter same as a princess in that part of the world)
Resident Evil 4 (president's daughter)
Final Fantasy (princesses, general's daughter etc)
Dragon's Lair
Bard Tale (up to a point)
Prince of Persia
KOTOR1 (jedi princess)
Dragon Age Origins (recently single queen/princess)

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
OG Prince of Persia 2 also.
The Cave - the Knight's section has a princess to save, but it doesn't quite end up as planned.
Technically Braid is about saving a princess - only she's a metaphor, instead of a real-life person.
Eversion - you're an orange blob in running shoes going off to save the princess... except who's gonna save you from the princess?!?
Quest for Glory 1 - Elsa von Spielburg is the Baron's daughter, and she does need saving.

Last edited:

3 others

Scholar
Karateka
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Crusader Kings
A few King's Quests
There was a kidnapped governor's daughter sideplot in Pirates!, no?

I think technically the protagonist in Braid is the reason the "princess" needs "saving" in the first place

Not a common trope these days... even generic "save the girl" quests are getting rare. First things coming to mind are Psychonauts & Cave Story, and those are old as dirt by now.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Shining in the Darkness has you rescue the princess midway through the game. Definitely the straightest I've seen the trope get played. I think you rescue one in the later games as well, at least some of them...

You also rescue a princess in FFT, but later on you give her back to your buddy who stabs her to death. (She deserved it)

FF5 has you rescue a princess like, 5 minutes into the game. Probably some kind of record there. Rescuing princesses is pretty common in jrpgs in general, I could easily name a dozen- though you often don't find out they're a princess until later. I think in the original dragon quest it might be optional- I think it's possible to leave her behind in the cave and win the game without her.

In Valkyrie Profile, instead of rescuing the princess you wait for her to die so you can recruit her as a child soldier for ragnarock.

In SaGa Frontier, you get rescued by a princess, recruit her (which is kind of rescuing her?) and fight another princess to death. I think a few other princesses. It's been a while.

Tehdagah

Arcane
What if you're the princess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom