Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games with blood magic.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Infra Arcana has a blood school of magic. It casts from hp instead of from spirit, and has unique spells like one that allows the pc to move x spaces for no move cost, but each move drains hp. And casting these spells also costs insanity, like all magic in the game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Vanguard is awesome.

So sad that their private server still not working as intended...

Oh bloody fuck my digital keypad. Fixed Siege... SIEGE! DUNGEON SIEGE!!!!

I searched mods for it but din't found.

About what I talked about GW1, here is a guy talking about blood magic spells in GW1 for over an hour

Other vampire game with blood magic is Few Nights more

Blood3.gif

The spells are too "4e esque" for my taste but tehre is a demo in steam with act 1 https://store.steampowered.com/app/2713070/Few_Nights_More_Genesis/

Mortmal

Arcane
After reading this article > https://www.gamesradar.com/games/dr...ts-arent-where-bioware-want-the-hero-to-walk/

About Dragon Age Failguard not having blood mage because "muh is not heroic", I want to play games with powerful blood mages.
  • VtMB - Tremere clan. Is a lot different than P&P, but is near impossible to implement some P&P stuff in a video game mainly path of creation
  • Vanguard : Saga of heroes is a great DPS focused in damage over time and healer
  • Dragon Age Origins : Is very cool, sadly you can use it in front of Templars consequence free.
  • Salt & Sanctuary : Betrayer creed - It deals colossal damage but also applies a huge debuff to the caster, making him much more vulnerable to damage
  • WH40k - Inquisitor Martyr - Biomancy has some powers like , sadly OwlCat removed everything offensive from biomancy by no good reason. What is trash about the game is the diablo 3 style everything scales with gear BS.
  • TES with mods - Morrowind and skyim has blood magic via mods
  • GW1 - Necromancer - A lot of blood spells > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blood_Magic
And that is it from what I remember. Any more to the list?
For sperging into magic, the obvious choices are Dominions 6, or if you prefer a more streamlined and roguelike experience, Conquest of Elysium 5.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
A lot of old Siege sights are gone. At times, I hate the net. I guarantee every site/pic/thread is stored somewhere but the old links are 404 or digital parking lots or sold off. I'll see if I can find the mod.

Meh. Can't be the Elys succubus mod. Fuck me for not archiving this shit properly.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A lot of old Siege sights are gone. At times, I hate the net. I guarantee every site/pic/thread is stored somewhere but the old links are 404 or digital parking lots or sold off. I'll see if I can find the mod.

Sad, because magic is one aspect where modders always do a much better job than professional game devs. Just compare blood magic in ESO vampire skills with all TES V : Skyrim blood magic spells. I honestly don't get why modern game devs like so much tier based gear progression but hate so much tier based spell progression. Even in skyrim, going from ice spikes to ice lance was a huge boost.

ShiningSoldier

Barely Literate
There's a game called Dawn of Magic. It has tons of magic schools, and one of them is the blood magic. Heck, the original title for the game is "Blood Magic".
The game is pretty boring, though.

flabbyjack

Arcane
After reading this article > https://www.gamesradar.com/games/dr...ts-arent-where-bioware-want-the-hero-to-walk/

About Dragon Age Failguard not having blood mage because "muh is not heroic", I want to play games with powerful blood mages.
  • VtMB - Tremere clan. Is a lot different than P&P, but is near impossible to implement some P&P stuff in a video game mainly path of creation
  • Vanguard : Saga of heroes is a great DPS focused in damage over time and healer
  • Dragon Age Origins : Is very cool, sadly you can use it in front of Templars consequence free.
  • Salt & Sanctuary : Betrayer creed - It deals colossal damage but also applies a huge debuff to the caster, making him much more vulnerable to damage
  • WH40k - Inquisitor Martyr - Biomancy has some powers like , sadly OwlCat removed everything offensive from biomancy by no good reason. What is trash about the game is the diablo 3 style everything scales with gear BS.
  • GW1 - Necromancer - A lot of blood spells > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blood_Magic

Dominions series has races based on blood magic, blood magic system and blood hunting.

Absolutely Dominions. What other game can your player character literally be a blood fountain?

g3TROb2.png

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Dominions series has races based on blood magic, blood magic system and blood hunting.

Absolutely Dominions. What other game can your player character literally be a blood fountain?

g3TROb2.png

It's even funnier if your nation practices mass virgin hunting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom