Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If my memory still serves, AC combat was notoriously bad. Can't imagine GoT got such a large following with something similarly bad. Don't wanna watch gameplay to check because I wanna go in fresh for the inevitable PC port.
It's more like the Origins+ combat which cribbed from Witcher 3.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wirdschowerdn play on Hard (or Lethal). This will make it very rough unless you become adept at evaluating quickly and promptly shifting stance. Stances and parrying are what elevate the combat here. It's not true "fight game" complex but it's certainly more involved than AC.

cruel

Cipher
Agreed, I wouldn't compare GoT combat to AC or Witcher 3, it's way better than that - and mashing buttons would only get you killed.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
What, the combat in this game just consists of fumbling and mashing buttons?
It looked actually "delicate" and interesting on lethal difficulty (where there is a mutal lack of damage sponge'ing). Though I thought very early AC combat was actually a bit like that too, prior to them trying to copy the Witcher 3 and flattening all the parkour mechanics into "hold button and move".

Did this get any news on a PC port yet, or is it just doomed to eternally get ""leaks"" to that effect with zero fulfliment?

These bitches better port that shit. 3 good games in last 20 years, and some tards are keeping them behind console exclusivity. :rage:

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
These bitches better port that shit. 3 good games in last 20 years, and some tards are keeping them behind console exclusivity. :rage:
This game is good in the way junk food is, and far less special than it's "exclusivity" may imply. Especially to the average PS5-deficient subhumans viewing it from the outside in; which certainly adds to the fuzzy fondness those indulging ascribe to it. The Ubisoft checklist-of-it-all runs through it deeply, which becomes evident after the first 5-10 hours. I would be very wary of buying this for more than $20.

Spike

Educated
This game is good in the way junk food is, and far less special than it's "exclusivity" may imply. Especially to the average ps5-deficient subhumans viewing it from the outside in; which certainly adds to the fuzzy fondness those indulging ascribe to it. The Ubisoft checklist-of-it-all runs through it deeply, which becomes evident after the first 5-10 hours. I would be very wary of buying this for more than $20.
Yes, but how is the combat?

Spike

Educated
This game is good in the way junk food is, and far less special than it's "exclusivity" may imply. Especially to the average ps5-deficient subhumans viewing it from the outside in; which certainly adds to the fuzzy fondness those indulging ascribe to it. The Ubisoft checklist-of-it-all runs through it deeply, which becomes evident after the first 5-10 hours. I would be very wary of buying this for more than $20.
Yes, but how is the combat?
(to your reaction): Sweet. See, that is a world apart from AssCreed which is decline incarnate.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game is good in the way junk food is, and far less special than it's "exclusivity" may imply. Especially to the average PS5-deficient subhumans viewing it from the outside in; which certainly adds to the fuzzy fondness those indulging ascribe to it. The Ubisoft checklist-of-it-all runs through it deeply, which becomes evident after the first 5-10 hours. I would be very wary of buying this for more than $20.
I've watched a 10-hour LP of it, and I liked the story. I'd play through it myself.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The setting is good, story works. It's beautiful, and the voice acting is solid. If you don't like open world games with check lists. Don't play. Combat is very divisive.

I'd buy a sequel.

Ezekiel

Arcane
PC, huh? Could have gotten it for my PS4, but never really cared. Looked generic.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ghost of Tsushima PC Port Could be Announced Next Week, it’s Claimed​

ghost of tsushima movie

It’s been claimed that a Ghost of Tsushima PC port could be announced next week, possibly around March 5th.
The news comes courtesy of XboxEra’s Shpeshal_Nick, who took to Twitter to tweet the claim.
“I’m hearing that we might be getting something about the Ghost of Tsushima PC port pretty soon. Maybe around the 5th?”, he said.
Shpeshal_Nick recently had previously leaked almost the entirety of a recent State of Play in a cryptic tweet, implying that he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to future PlayStation announcements.
As for when a Ghost of Tsushima PC port will be announced, Nick has been fairly clear that the announcement will be “around March 5”, so we should expect an announcement sometime next week.
Logically, a Ghost of Tsushima PC port is the next in line for PlayStation, and following the outstanding success of Helldivers 2, we wouldn’t be surprised if Sony is starting to shift its strategy to bring games to PC much sooner than they already have been.
Ghost of Tsushima received “generally favorable” reviews on Metacritic and sold 9.73 million copies by July 2022. The game was released on the PlayStation 4 in July 2020 and on the PlayStation 5 in August 2021.
In late 2023, a major update on the upcoming Ghost of Tsushima movie revealed that its progress was coming along well and is a passion project of Chad Stahelski.
https://insider-gaming.com/ghost-of-tsushima-pc-port/

The setting is good, story works. It's beautiful, and the voice acting is solid. If you don't like open world games with check lists. Don't play. Combat is very divisive.

I'd buy a sequel.

It depends. Some people would call Witcher 3 a game with checklists (because of those question marks on the map and the bandit camps and the like), but obviously there is a world of difference between Witcher 3 and something like Far Cry 5.

Even Ubisoft's own Ass Creed Origins and Odyssey weren't terrible. The checklist stuff definitely dialed their rating from must play historical masterpiece to good for what it is, but definitely playable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom