Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Gobliiins 5 by Pierre Gilhodes - Woodruff "Soon™"?

grimace

Arcane
I want to know more about Goblins.

Don Peste

Arcane
According to Pierre, Gobliins6 would be a direct sequel to Gobliins2, with Fingus and Winkle again.

A Kickstarter for Gobliiins5 should come in a few months.

Don Peste

Arcane
According to Pierre, Gobliins6 would be a direct sequel to Gobliins2, with Fingus and Winkle again.
Can you please give a source?
He posted it on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/144759398597

sfeA8NW.jpg

Don Peste

Arcane
The Gobliiins5 game is over.

It will be released in a few days, a priori on the download platform Itch.io.

Contributors of crowdfunding will receive a direct link per imail to download the game.

The game will not be on Steam, or on GOG, at least for the moment. Maybe later if I find a partnership later.

No physical version either.

There is an integrated French and English version. No other languages at this time. I made the mistake of putting too much text, which makes translations very expensive. I hope to be able to make other languages in a second time.

The game is separated into 4 independent executables. 4 parts of 4 levels each.

I made this decision because of problems with my programming software, I wouldn’t do that for the next one, if I did. You will have direct access to the 4 parts of the game, but I advise you to move on to the next part after completely finishing the previous one.

Each party will have to be decomposed into different files.

I hope you enjoy the game. I do my utmost to make it happen quickly.

Pierre Gilhodes

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The game is separated into 4 independent executables. 4 parts of 4 levels each.

I made this decision because of problems with my programming software

Amazing. It can't be a coincidence that this guy's name is Pierre.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Bought this simply because I never paid a dime for the old games, and they are a big childhood memory.
Played them with the kids a while back. Nice to be able to pass some coins to Pierre :salute:

negator2vc

Scholar
Awesome game with amazing visuals.
Thankfully the author learned his lesson from Goblins 4.
Always glad to support indie games especially in my favorite genre!

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It's really nice to see a developer that hasn't lost his touch after all these years. I'll also try the game, for the nostalgia, and because you're all so satisfied with it.

Kwota

Augur
Got to sixth map - Chnobol the potato village as of now and having fun, hopefully the game is successful enough for Gilhodes to continue with the series.

Or maybe a new game in Boozook universe.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is great. Absolutely worth the $11. But man, Pierre is a complete zero at marketing. Nobody knows about the game. Nobody knows it's out. Most websites that specialize in graphic adventure games haven't even written about it. I doubt very much that it will be a financial success.

jfrisby

Cipher
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Having a great time with this. Nice to see an old developer use AGS instead of reinvent the wheel.

Don Peste

Arcane
It's really nice to see a developer that hasn't lost his touch after all these years.
Pierre Gilhodes is definitely a man of 1993 working on 2023. You can't get any more authentic than this. With all that it entails...

The game doesn't have an official website or Steam* page or Twitter account or any marketing at all. And he probably isn't really aware that, well, it probably should have.
Of course, no review codes (qu'est-ce qu'un code?), press releases, interviews... either.
He sent his backers a WeTransfer link with the game, he had problems, then switched to TransferNow, then to... Grosfichiers! Getting an itch.io link for backing the game is gonna be a problem, unless he gets official help. Well, or he could simply create and email 450 links manually I guess?.

He got a nice message from Dave Gilbert on FB (also Muriel Tramis, and some other dev), but he probably missed it (And he probably doesn't know who he is). There might be a good opportunity there, even if it's just to solve the 4-zips bizarre issue. But what if he gets some extra help for Gobliiins 6 (this is what comes next), or a future Woodruff 2, or a Gobliiins 4 2D remake? He's a 90s artist doing basically all the work by himself.

Maybe—as I said with Tim Cain's YouTube thing—we should just be happy we got this (and that it actually works and it's a real game, and a nice one), play it, enjoy it, and maybe, just maybe, one day in 2026 I'll update the thread with the Gob6 announ... release.

PS: He is updating the Kickstarter (and it seems he has a lot on his plate), so maybe he sees it as the "website" for the game...

*He said I hope it will be on Steam soon, but don’t count on me to make items, cards or anything!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've just started E3M2, and one thing this game has made me realise is how much I've missed absurd adventure game puzzles.

People nowadays will often say 'it has logical puzzles!' to praise various adventure games, but quite honestly, I haven't played one with absurd ones - or rather, puzzles that are logical within the absurd confines of the game world as presented - for so long that I've forgotten how hilarious these can get, and how much they can get your noggin joggin' vis a vis 'logical' ones that more often than not just end up predictable.

lightbane

Arcane
Tried the demo but was only available in French, not English (or I wasn't able to switch the language). I'm tempted to get the full game, but only if it's in English, as sadly I don't know how to speak frog. I'm also tempted to wait for Steam release so that potential bugs are patched, but the little I played of the demo seemed solid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom