Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It seems like the typical open world checklist wandering game, but with cooler visuals and setting than the average. I mostly bought it right away to help push Sony to release more games on PC. There's other ones I want a lot more.

ADL

Prophet
Is this game any good? I don't own consoles so I haven't played any of the "cinematic third person action game with charismatic protagonist" genre that seems to dominate there. Is it like Max Payne?
This won't really mean anything to you but it's pretty much the best "old formula" open world Ubisoft game out there. Before Ubisoft's formula improved and Assassins Creed went RPG.

Doesn't fare well against Odyssey or Valhalla but I'm hoping Forbidden West will be competitive with those two and take on the new formula.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The one thing HZD has going on for itself over typical open world time wasters is that the combat in it is actually pretty fun. There are a variety of different trapping tools, weapons and ammo types you want to use to exploit monster weaknesses, in addition to them having location damage with some breakable parts reducing their combat effectiveness. It's just a lot more involving than the typical time waster title. There's also a good amount of variety of different dino bots so you won't feel like you've seen everything that the combat has to offer within the first few hours. The higher the difficulty the more you'll have to plan your strikes against the dinos with the right tools, otherwise you'll just get wrecked fast. The game got blasted a lot for it's dull-cringe writing, which was deserved, but it unfortunately overshadowed how fun the actual combat ended up being.

JDR13

Arcane
This feels weird and like it shouldn't be happening but I'm glad it is.

Is this game any good? I don't own consoles so I haven't played any of the "cinematic third person action game with charismatic protagonist" genre that seems to dominate there. Is it like Max Payne?

Yes. If you like post-apoc, it's a must-play. It's nothing like Max Payne though. It's an action-RPG, and the game world is massive. I put almost 170 hours into it.

Dux

Arcane
I've never played any of the BloodRayne games but these remastered versions seem to have the right idea, at the very least. Modern optimisations implemented with subtle graphical improvements while also retaining the original look as much as possible.

That's how it's supposed to be, in my opinion. So fair dues, I guess.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've heard of positive things about Drakensang before but never played it (or any other game from the Dark Eye universe) myself. Well, at ~2.5 euros i have nothing more than ~2.5 euros to lose, so bought it. I'll probably try it after i finish my current ongoing games.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Black Friday sale starts tomorrow. Not sure why they're doing that, everyone and everything else starts early.
They are preparing the early release of Cyberpunk 2077 for PC with the Black Sale, causing massive amounts of butthurt among console peasants. Following traditional business practices, they will release it on Friday, taking the weekend off to avoid the butthurt tsunami.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom