Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Funny, I literally just did the exact same thing to the same number even. :lol: Now I'm a bit scared to ask which ones you got, if it's the same list no stain remover will be able to clean my chair

Surely I'm the only one dumb enough to buy The Mystery of the Druids.

Got it, C$1.59 isn't too much to waste :P So far...I feel ripped off, forgot these were the same guys behind A Moment of Silence.
I have no clue what you guys are talking about, Mystery of the Droods is a classic.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The indie platformer/shooter Butcher is free for the next 48 hours,get it from the GOG main page
Cool. There's also a sale themed around games made in Poland. Needless to say most of these are just trash, so I won't go through them in-depth. However, if you haven't picked them up already the Witcher games are on sale and very cheap. The Witcher and the sequel are 75% off and holy shit, they are so cheap that you have no excuse to not buy them. Even if you pirate all of your games they are so cheap they are worth it, since they are less of a hassle to download with the GOG launcher. The Witcher 3 is more expensive, and only 70% off, but still worth it.

Seven is at 70% off and at a reasonable price, made by Witcher dev burnouts. A top down affair with stealth.

Hard West is dirt cheap at 90% off, it came and went, now forgotten just like an ocean of games. Grab it now before it fades from the memory of men and pass into complete obscurity and oblivion. You don't get turn-based tactical wild west games every day. If that isn't your cup of tea but still want a decent cowboy game then I recommend Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, 60% off and it isn't fucking 150GB big like that Cowboy GTA by Rockstar.

Want to get your Cyberpunk fix and can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077? Grab Ruiner, it's cheap, 75% off an already low price.

Finally, two games that I'm just throwing out there, just in case. Inner Chains is 80% off, I haven't played this yet, but it looks alright for a playthrough and the price is right. So I will be buying that this sale. Also a Christmas present for all the gamer gurls out there, Cinders is 50% off. It's a VN with graphics that will appeal to your gamer lady.

Thank fuck I'm not close to any gamers, terrible people, I avoid them whenever I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Daedalic adventure games on sale too, games I will theoretically play someday. I have most of the Lucasarts style ones, not sure which others are worth bothering with.

lightbane

Arcane
Good news, it works for W7! The demo is fun, although it takes a while to get the hang of how it works. It is pretty much like Etherlords but 2D. It is also Polish-made, I found an odd bug where the game briefly changes from English to their strange scribble language, but it goes away on its own quickly. Wishlisted.
Hopefully you can make unit animations go faster, as otherwise Cheat Engine will eventually be needed.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Riskbreaker

pc port is a bland linear corridor fps

It's its own game, not a port, and it's really pretty solid, plus if you play it via port you are free of its movement-related quirks (ie slow-ass strafe) and free to savescum as much as you desire.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Though there was Dark Earth but no, it'd different game...
Dark Earth needs to be on GOG, it's too good to not be easily available for purchase and it's a bitch to get running on a modern system. Vote for it here: https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/dark_earth?as=1649904300
I'm quite sad there was no further development of it. The setting and premise were great. And so was the game, though the graphics aged really badly, this being one of the first 3D titles, despite that you could see the art direction was great.

Bara

Arcane
Shenmue III is on gog now for 66% off for release week on there.

I don't know why they even bothered to get it on the store...

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
That's surprising,I didn't think Sony would have their games drm free on GOG,especially so soon after they were released on steam.I hope they continue on thsi path

BTW,I hope they have fixed all the problems the pc port had by now

ADL

Prophet
I haven't heard any recent complaints. Though I don't know if they fixed the snow deformation. I never saw a fix in their patch notes but at least it's running well. It was an absolute shitshow at release.

Bara

Arcane
Shenmue III is on gog now for 66% off for release week on there.

I don't know why they even bothered to get it on the store...
Why what's wrong?

Combat was dumbed down and just sucks. Some of the way the game was designed was too bothersome even for Shenmue.

The greatest sin though was doing another cliffhanger/open ending thinking he'll be able to do more games in the series.

After the epic games shenigans and the lack of an ending on top of how poor the game turned out I doubt they'd get the same crowdfunding ever again.

If they just finally gave the game series a conclusion instead of trying to milk dry the fan following with yet another hypethetical game I think people would be less mad.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Supposedly there are two Shenmue games left. Good luck funding them though. Considering how poorly they treated backers and the quality of the game itself, yeah I don't see it happening.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just noticed that the "Terminal Cut" versions of the two Bloodrayne games were added to my GOG library (the old games are still there as separate entries).

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It has dinobots in a (i guess) post apocalyptic setting, a title made up of three words that make no sense together and a mostly good looking female protagonist with a punny name, so i guess it has the hallmarks of a good game. Also one of the New Vegas writers worked on it (though i do not remember who) which i think is a plus.

I haven't played it before so i wishlisted it for when it comes down to a price i can afford.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom