Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I knew i should have waited before i blew my wad on other shit. Buy the who kaboodle and save a shitload. Barely hits 90$ for all Batman!

ADL

Prophet
This is about Terminator Resistance specifically but it happens all the fucking time and I'm tired of it. Terminator Resistance released over a year ago and in that time, it has been on sale once on GOG near release versus multiple times on Steam with steeper discounts.

GOG: 25% discount, 12/20/2019 - 01/02/2020
Steam: 25% discount, 12/19/2019 - 01/02/2020
Steam: 25% discount, 01/23/2020 - 01/27/2020
Steam: 25% discount, 03/13/2020 - 03/27/2020
Steam: 40% discount, 06/25/2020 - 07/09/2020
Steam: 40% discount, 08/01/2020 - 08/03/2020
Steam: 40% discount, 10/29/2020 - 11/02/2020
Steam: 40% discount, 11/05/2020 - current

They recently released the Infiltrator Update which allows you to play as a terminator and it came out several weeks ago on Steam, on GOG it just came out yesterday, still no sale even when it overlapped with the Black Friday sale the following morning. People defend this saying "oh well maybe they didn't get enough sales so that justifies their lackluster support" but every time I look into something like this happening, it turns out they didn't promote the GOG version for shit so no one knows the GOG version even exists.
Lh9JReL.jpeg

Even worse is that other publishers and developers use this as a reference point to not put their games on here because "no one's buying them" and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. All my friends are GOG users and I've pointed them towards the GOG version of the game but no one's going to buy it when it's weeks behind major updates and it's almost double the price a year after release.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I knew i should have waited before i blew my wad on other shit. Buy the who kaboodle and save a shitload. Barely hits 90$ for all Batman!

There seems to be mistake on that list,they have Arkham Knight,its season pass and the Premium edition separately while the premium edition includes the base game and the season pass,so everyone make sure you don't buy something twice

ADL

Prophet
Just so everyone knows, the Steam version of Arkham Knight has Denuvo still. The EGS version that was given away for free includes all the DLC and had Denuvo removed. If you picked it up on EGS, just install it and put it on an external hard drive or something and remove EGS. You don't need to have the client installed to play it.

A horse of course

Arkham Knight's PC port is an absolute disaster regardless of Denuvo. There's a good reason it's been more aggressively discounted on Steam than Origins or City.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Arkham Knight's PC port is an absolute disaster regardless of Denuvo. There's a good reason it's been more aggressively discounted on Steam than Origins or City.

I played it a couple of years ago after they had re-released it on steam and didn't have any crashes or performance issues.

A horse of course

I played it a couple of years ago after they had re-released it on steam and didn't have any crashes or performance issues.

I nearly bought it on sale last year and checked the user reviews (by date) - they all mentioned serious problems. The PC version is also based off the last-gen xbox 360/ps3 version, not the Xbox One/PS4 version (Dead or Alive 5 also suffered from this).

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I nearly bought it on sale last year and checked the user reviews (by date) - they all mentioned serious problems. The PC version is also based off the last-gen xbox 360/ps3 version, not the Xbox One/PS4 version (Dead or Alive 5 also suffered from this).

Arkham Knight didn't come out on 360/ps3 as far as I remember

A horse of course

Arkham Knight didn't come out on 360/ps3 as far as I remember

You're correct, but it must've been based on a possible cross-gen release because it's objectively worse:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...rkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-return-to-arkham-knight-pc-at-4k60

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Digital Foundry did some looks at it again recently and it seems to run pretty well at this point IF you have a lot of VRAM. Low VRAM seems to be a big culprit. So if you have 6 or 8GB it seems like 60fps locked is at least obtainable now, from what I remember.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If i never played any of these Batman games what would be the two or theee i should play first? I get the feeling telltale is more like a batman VN. I'm not into legos. I'm not all too sure on Origins. It looks like the Arkham trilogy is solid.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Digital Foundry did some looks at it again recently and it seems to run pretty well at this point IF you have a lot of VRAM. Low VRAM seems to be a big culprit. So if you have 6 or 8GB it seems like 60fps locked is at least obtainable now, from what I remember.

Linkie?

If i never played any of these Batman games what would be the two or theee i should play first? I get the feeling telltale is more like a batman VN. I'm not into legos. I'm not all too sure on Origins. It looks like the Arkham trilogy is solid.

City. Some people claim to prefer Origins, but it seemed like City with less responsive combat to me. I guess the original Asylum if you want a less "bloated" experience without all the Ubisoft-esque side content, but I didn't really enjoy it myself.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I remember getting 15-20 fps with unpatched Arkham Knight (on low settings). Waited for a year, bought geforce 1070, then tried playing it again... and it gave me 55 fps on medium.

Uninstalled and never tried again.

Wunderbar

Arcane
If i never played any of these Batman games what would be the two or theee i should play first?
play them in release order, i.e. Asylum - City - Origins.
Gameplay-wise all Arkham games are basically 3D metroidvanias / Zeldas with beat-em-up combat and arcadey stealth.

Asylum is the most well rounded and tight, it doesn't have a lot of sidequests or activities and doesn't waste your time. City introduced a big city to explore with optional content, but it is still closer to Asylum than to typical open-world games. Origins was made by a different studio using City's assets and it is basically a stand-alone expansion pack. A lot of players didn't like it because it felt like more of the same, so don't binge-play Origins after City or you will burn out.

I haven't finished Knight, but from what i've played it's basically an Ubisoft open world game - the city is excessively huge to justify the addition of batmobile and vehicular combat, most of the side activities are copy-pasted Riddler's challenges or formulaic shit like "save X firefighters" and "clear X bandit outposts". Also, apparently the true ending is locked behind 100%ing the game, which will be a pain in the ass considering the amount of collectibles and side activities.

Last edited:

visions

Arcane
Grabbed Maniac Mansion. I don't remember seeing it discounted in the other recent big sales but it's 1,79 EUR now.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Asylum and City ,they were the first two released.f you like them you can see about getting the other 2

El Presidente

Arcane
Well, fuck it, I cleaned my entire wishlist in this sale. Now I have everything that interested me in GOG.

FPSuil8.png

:takemymoney:

t4THRFF.jpg

I will leave the remaining 18 slots to complete 500 games to potential releases I've been waiting for centuries, like Myth, Freelancer and Discworld.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I always liked the ad & box art.
6260-summoner-windows-front-cover.jpg

cool that Steam showed the extended art.
662673-summoner-windows-front-cover.png

And gameplay
17720-summoner-windows-screenshot-entering-teh-old-city.jpg

17319-summoner-windows-screenshot-battle.jpg

I liked The summoning too but its an old beast
203328-the-summoning-dos-front-cover.jpg

61127-the-summoning-dos-screenshot-game-start.png

61126-the-summoning-dos-screenshot-skulls-that-talk-not-very-useful.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What kind of game is Summoner?
I keep seeing that name and mixing it up with The Summoning.
Party-based rpg with real-time combat. It's pretty cool, imo. Lots of exploration, in a big world. Skill point allocation is very important if you don't want to gimp your characters. There are lots of different skills like fire, holy, parry, trip and so on. Let's say that you improve fire skill. You'll get more spells as you invest more in it, but your damage of any single spell will never go up.
The theme of the game is about Joseph, and how his shit goes to shit at first. His village gets attacked and so it goes.
Story is linear, but there are side quests to do. Witcher like combat is accurate. You can chain attacks. It's also a bit Dragon Age-y, in how it plays, imo.

It's dirt cheap. Try it out for a couple of hours and see if you like it.

CyberModuled

Savant
Oh hey, I just noticed Hedon is actually 50% off on GOG right now unlike Steam at a measly 25% so pick that up if you want a good GZDoom game with some neat exploration.

Full version is free as well for testing out as well (though the store versions are updated with some extra content).

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom