Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That PC port isn't going to pay for itself.

No wait, it probably will. But if someone else pays for it again, even better.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
But not edgy like this?
eEoXpsu.jpg

mck

Cipher
Shadow Man Remastered released for $20, but they at least did SOMETHING to improve/remaster it. Dark Alliance looks almost exactly how it does on a PS2 emulator and I'm failing to see how the $30 price could possibly be justified.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I wouldn't be surprised if that's all they did was slap on a sloppy emulation gog front end loader.

El Presidente

Arcane
I only bought Risen and Enclave, both for a penny. Not sure if :incline: or :decline:, rate me to shape my expectations

If you wanna have the original experience, grab Masterpiece Edition.
If you wanna play a 3D remake, grab Myst 2021, it's better than realMyst now that they added the original FMVs to it.
Are there that many improvements from realMyst Masterpiece to 2021? The CGI was a deal-breaker for me, if they put back the FMV then I might be interested, but is it really that much worth it to upgrade?
If you already have realMyst Masterpiece Edition then I'd say no, Myst 2021 isn't worth it. It's a considerable graphical improvement and it fixes the infamous rotating tower bug, the one where you can't see anything through that narrow gap at the top (which really fucks up new players' understanding of the logic behind the tower and consequently the entire Myst island). However, realMyst is a more purist experience (albeit in 3D) and it has the Rime bonus age, though supposedly they'll introduce it in Myst 2021 in a future (hopefully free) patch.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got Blood Omen to make my LoK collection complete.
Still waiting for M&M X Legacy release to have M&M saga complete...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom