Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
WINTER SALE PAGE
vLk3u6L.jpg

CDQwYoZ.jpg

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I finally bought Grimoire, the game that asshole claimed will never be sold at a discount.

It was on the 90% discount on GoG.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Since I blew the rest of my load on non gaming purchases due to winter I'll monitor my basket and see if the prices change until the 5th. I guess CP2077 will evade me. Woe is me.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
So are these Star Trek Armada games any good? I saw some people in the reviews praising the campaigns.
They didn't seem that special to me when I played them, and one time was fairly recently, but in both cases IIRC I didn't get very far because they kept crashing. However, you should take that with the caveat that I only ever really liked the Age of Empires series in regards to RTS games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was hoping they'd have the entire old rpg SSI catalog on here but... that's mostly before DOS. Oh well. There are win3.1/95/98/xp games that would have been nice and obscure classic titles but no dice.

Anyone know what this winter contest is supposed to be?

eh .. ok here it is.
https://af.gog.com/game/myst?as=1649904300
WTH is with all the various versions of MYST? I see a new one I don't recall. Myst

Last edited:

El Presidente

Arcane
WTH is with all the various versions of MYST? I see a new one I don't recall. Myst
Myst = Original slideshow game
Myst Masterpiece Edition = Slightly enhanced version of the one above, mostly the colors are more vivid and some scenes less grainy.
realMyst = 3D remake
realMyst Masterpiece Edition = Slightly enhanced version of the one above
Myst (2021) = Second 3D remake

Yes, it's a shitshow.

If you wanna have the original experience, grab Masterpiece Edition.
If you wanna play a 3D remake, grab Myst 2021, it's better than realMyst now that they added the original FMVs to it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If you wanna have the original experience, grab Masterpiece Edition.
If you wanna play a 3D remake, grab Myst 2021, it's better than realMyst now that they added the original FMVs to it.
Are there that many improvements from realMyst Masterpiece to 2021? The CGI was a deal-breaker for me, if they put back the FMV then I might be interested, but is it really that much worth it to upgrade?

Neuromancer

Augur
They've added a VR option to the newest Myst, if this is a thing for you.

Otherwise you could stay with the realMyst Masterpiece Edition IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom