Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

racofer

Thread Incliner
I wonder if those modders ask for premission from bethesda to mod their game

Muh permissiun, muh modz!@! Bro, the game is FREE, lol.
Which is why what Nexus did was necessary and the right thing to do. No more faggot modders on their periods deleting their shit on a whim.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, if I were to create a modpack and post it somewhere online, do I have to get permission from the modders as well? They are giving the game away for free, so there are no royalties to worry about. I don't see the issue here, especially since all mods are listed with links and creator names. Oh, it does indeed look terrible.

racofer

Thread Incliner
So, if I were to create a modpack and post it somewhere online, do I have to get permission from the modders as well?
That's what they all claim. There's nothing that legally requires you to, however.
They are giving the game away for free, so there are no royalties to worry about. I don't see the issue here, especially since all mods are listed with links and creator names.
Because 99% of modders are narcissistic faggots that believe their work is the most important mod ever made.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I sure hope someone asked Lacrymas' permission to quote him...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Phantom Trigger any good?

And look... a game with a maid robot thing skin???
IDqeDet.jpg

So, if I were to create a modpack and post it somewhere online, do I have to get permission from the modders as well? They are giving the game away for free, so there are no royalties to worry about. I don't see the issue here, especially since all mods are listed with links and creator names. Oh, it does indeed look terrible.
In theory the permission would never be denied and the purpose is to make the modder aware because the mod might still be getting updates, so he doesn't have to figure out the bug reports are coming from an outdated version included in some pack he didn't know about.

- BRO THE QUEST ITEM ISN'T DROPPING
- I fixed that in version 0.67 alpha
- BRO STOP LYING I GIVE YOU 1 STAR
- It's already fixed
- THEY SHOULD NEVER JHAVE INCLUDED YOUR SHITMOD IN THE DEFINITIONVE GOG EDITION
- Ah...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Here's the funny and shitty thing about gog. Now, I bought the deluxe pack some time ago, but it always said i didn't have the regular package (which is in the deluxe derp). So, yeah, technically I got the freebie but i already had it in the deluxe package.

GOG consistently pulls that shit for packages and sonetimes they have multiple packages that doesn't have what a lesser or other package has. Sometimes all the parts of a pack can be bought separately and at times it is less expensive than the big platinum package.

Put in that EE shit and new packs and getting rid of older DLs and you have to think... god fuck off GOG! WTH ARE YOU DOUNG?

But steam pulls that shit also and has 3rd party online all the time bullshit to run some games.

FUCK YOU UBISOFT!!!

5N6FmjG.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom