Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Ryzer

Arcane
Was it even existent in the first place ? I think I made one five years ago for BG1 and never got an answer.
Still better than Ubisoft replying with automated responses even when the matter is important such as the game is a buggy mess that doesn't start. I hate being treated like a jester.

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
Still better than Ubisoft replying with automated responses even when the matter is important such as the game is a buggy mess that doesn't start. I hate being treated like a jester.
Have you tried restarting your computer?

I kid, I kid.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Is GOG support basically non-existent these days? Tried going through the usual channels at first and got directed to a fucking automated bot. So I tried going around that by sending an email instead and I haven't got any reply after two weeks. Did CDPR cut down GOG's budget or something?
Your best bet is to shout at their forums. Blues will often reply there and check it out.
Or call them out on Twitter. That usually gets a brand's attention because they often don't want the negative publicity.

lightbane

Arcane
"Doom clone" being the correct term.

Boomer shooter sounds funnier and doesn't refer to an active existing IP owned by a megacorp nor implies all games in the genre are "clones" (and thus inferior) to an existing game.
But, they are. Cultic for example is just that, but made by a single guy. Commendable feat, but it's still derivative.

Syl

Cipher
Was it even existent in the first place ? I think I made one five years ago for BG1 and never got an answer.
I made one five years ago for BG1 and got an answer 3 days later (got a new working code for the classic version).
That was the french speaking support.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is GOG support basically non-existent these days? Tried going through the usual channels at first and got directed to a fucking automated bot. So I tried going around that by sending an email instead and I haven't got any reply after two weeks. Did CDPR cut down GOG's budget or something?
The cocksuckers put this useless fucking chatbot between you and the request form, probably in an effort to cut down on support requests by making people simply give up because of what a nonresponsive pile of shit that bot is. HOWEVER, there is a way to circumvent the shitty bot!

Here's what you have to do: As soon as the shitty chatbot fills up the screen, go to the language selection at the top right. Select Русский (it used to work with all other languages except for English and German too. Unfortunately, all these loopholes seem to have been closed - except for Russian). You can now fill out a support request form, just like in the good old days. You'll probably have to google translate a bit, but that's infinitely preferable to getting jerked around by the fucking bot.

lightbane

Arcane
Not sure if it counts, but Dropsy for Steam had the DLC beach update released for some weeks by now, but nothing for the GOG edition. I mentioned it in the GOG forums and the dev Twitter and the latter said he would contact GOG about this, bit nothing so far. Shame I didn't get the game for Steam.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

ABOUT​

Having its roots in 1997 and developed in Ukraine, Chasm: The Rift is one of the most thrilling and innovative FPS from this era and the first Eastern European boomer shooter ever made.

Is it a boomer shooter if it's from 1997?

:philosoraptor:
I had been running through my head why on earth the $20 pricetag. I guess there was a little changing to this game (hardly enough for the pricetag imho)

I still feel like they are just grabbing any ole abandonware and old roms from consoles and shoving them on the site.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
I still feel like they are just grabbing any ole abandonware and old roms from consoles and shoving them on the site.
We're a band of vicious pirates!
A sailin´ out to sea
When you hear our gentle singing...
You'll be sure to turn and flee!

That pirate will be done for, when he falls into our trap!
We're a club of tuneful rovers!
We can sing in every clef!
We can even hit the high notes!
It's just too bad we're tone deaf!

A pirate I was meant to be!
Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Boleskine

Arcane
https://af.gog.com/en/news/gog_2022_update_5_about_the_games_we_can_play_with_others?as=1649904300

GOG will be offering more 'online-only multiplayer games' in the future.

Hello again! In this GOG 2022 update, we want to talk about online games and their place on GOG. Many great titles designed to be played with friends are not available here, and we want to change that. For us, it is crucial that we explain our thoughts on introducing more online games and better understand how you feel about it.

GOG was founded as a place to preserve games and make them last forever. We believe in freedom of choice and are committed to developing GOG as a gamer-first platform where you can collect and play the games you love – from all-time classics all the way to modern hits.

For the last 14 years, we’ve built a catalog for various tastes: for those who want to (re)discover classics, the fans of CD PROJEKT RED games, for people who love unique indies and exceptional single-player hits. We’ve also added GWENT: The Witcher Card Game to scratch that itch for multiplayer online games. Introducing more online-only games on GOG will help us cater to the needs of our growing audience, who are seeking a broader range of games, which will also allow us to continue our efforts to make games last forever.

Many of you already enjoy playing online titles, while some might question “since online-only games require an internet connection, how is this DRM-free?”. It is not – online-only games that are designed to be played with others are a separate category of games.

Rest assured this will not influence our DRM-free approach. GOG will remain the best platform for single-player DRM-free gaming, with a dedicated approach to classics and game preservation – something that’s at the very core of who we are.

Going forward, online-only multiplayer games will be marked as such on the game page – it’s up to you to decide whether you want to play them.

We’re happy and proud of the value we are creating for you to enjoy single-player games on GOG. We believe we can also bring new, unique value to those of you seeking online-only experiences. We’re eager to listen to your feedback on that in the comments.

Oh, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is now free on GOG.

https://af.gog.com/game/wolfenstein_enemy_territory?as=1649904300

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It finally happened. Slippery slope, here we come.

Edit:

Makes me wonder if this is prep for their new Witcher, Cyberpunk games, which will have online segments.

Codex Year of the Donut
I guess it would be silly to point out that actual boomers, generally speaking, don't play video games much and never did.

Well, "boomer" doesn't refer to the boomer generation but to the 30 year old boomer meme and stuck because "boomer shooters" sounds funnier than "retro shooters", "90s shooters" or "wolfendooms" :-P
"Doom clone" being the correct term.
they don't look anything like doom to me
ss_2053c7628ba42fecb8e472f74565f880f93a0b30.1920x1080.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom