Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You can't alt me; I refuse.

Semiurge

Cipher
All Unreal games to be delisted by December 23rd:

https://af.gog.com/forum/general/de...2_the_awakening_special_edition?as=1649904300
LYT1ryc.png

Epic being the assholes they love to be. Think carefully if you want to make a last minute purchase and give Tim Swindler your money. I suggest the alternative means to acquire these titles.

InB4 these games appear as EGS exclusives...

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
They better not delete my unreal games in my catalog
Wouldn't be the first time they delete stuff from your library.

Just fairly recently they consolidated the Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny installers - and in doing so nuked the two Spear of Destiny mission packs (Ultimate Challenge and Return to Danger) from people's libraries. When made aware of this, gog support was basically "lol, ask Bethesda about it".

Azdul

Magister
They better not delete my unreal games in my catalog
Wouldn't be the first time they delete stuff from your library.

Just fairly recently they consolidated the Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny installers - and in doing so nuked the two Spear of Destiny mission packs (Ultimate Challenge and Return to Danger) from people's libraries. When made aware of this, gog support was basically "lol, ask Bethesda about it".
That's not how it worked before - so just to check I've found separate Spear of Destiny product in my library - and installed it. Launcher offered me option to run:
1) Spear of Destiny
2) Ultimate Challenge
3) Return to Danger
4) exit program
Files from mission packs are definitely installed on the disk. So either they've already fixed it - or it was not happening for everyone.

One thing that they've been definitely doing - is making changes to the product for all new customers according to publisher wishes. People who bought game earlier always have access to the original version.

So when publisher announces superior, remastered version, either:
  • original version is offered as a free bonus to anyone buying a remaster,
  • remaster is offered for free to anyone already owning the original - as separate entry in library,
  • or it may be the last opportunity to buy original release on GOG and keep it in your library.
And you never know beforehand.

At some point they've promised to implement 'wayback machine' - so you can go back to any version (incl. any patch version) that was available from the moment you've bought the game. But I don't think that they've delived on that promise yet.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's not how it worked before - so just to check I've found separate Spear of Destiny product in my library - and installed it. Launcher offered me option to run:
1) Spear of Destiny
2) Ultimate Challenge
3) Return to Danger
4) exit program
Files from mission packs are definitely installed on the disk. So either they've already fixed it - or it was not happening for everyone.
If you have a separate SoD entry your library either hasn't updated to the new consolidated installer yet or they fixed it.

If you want to verify, at the risk losing the expansions, feel free to do an account refresh by clicking this link: https://af.gog.com/user/refresh?as=1649904300

Good luck! And please report your findings here! :salute:

Azdul

Magister
1) Spear of Destiny
2) Ultimate Challenge
3) Return to Danger
4) exit program
If you have a separate SoD entry your library either hasn't updated to the new consolidated installer yet or they fixed it.

If you want to verify, at the risk losing the expansions, feel free to do an account refresh by clicking this link: https://af.gog.com/user/refresh?as=1649904300

I've checked that Spear of Destiny installer is available on my account from both Galaxy and web page. I've downloaded offline installers just in case.

However - I don't have enough trust in GOG programmers to trigger 'account refresh'. They've laid off some guys in recent months due to poor financial results - and it seems that they've laid off not the ones that they should.

As always with GOG - give them 5 years - or they will eventually resolve the issue.

CootKeeper

Augur
1) Spear of Destiny
2) Ultimate Challenge
3) Return to Danger
4) exit program

I've checked that Spear of Destiny installer is available on my account from both Galaxy and web page. I've downloaded offline installers just in case.

However - I don't have enough trust in GOG programmers to trigger 'account refresh'. They've laid off some guys in recent months due to poor financial results - and it seems that they've laid off not the ones that they should.

As always with GOG - give them 5 years - or they will eventually resolve the issue.

GOG has laid off people? that is news to me

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
By far I like the original unreal. Maybe its more of a nostalgia thing. Thing is, even my shitty disc would work on any os. It wasn't always the correct aspect ratio but the fucker worked.

Great! Now I'm going to Dl my games. My paranoia increases GOG!!!

NOTE: I never got Unreal III nor tried the Unreal Tournament 2017. So, a tad annoyed there.

Last edited:

Azdul

Magister
1) Spear of Destiny
2) Ultimate Challenge
3) Return to Danger
4) exit program

GOG has laid off people? that is news to me
They've definitely tried to reduce R&D costs of the platform. I don't know if people were laid off - or just offered a job somewhere else in the capital group. In the end - less people are working on GOG (esp. GOG Galaxy) than before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom