Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Freebie Biing!: Sex, Intrigue and Scalpels
https://af.gog.com/en/game/biing_sex_intrigue_and_scalpels?as=1649904300

biing.png

lightbane

Arcane
About that:
Not the original 3.5" Disk release...

February 15, 2020

...as I just had confirmed. Changes in this here a-little-less-spicy CD release include: > average bust size of the nurses is no longer a main criteria for the ranking of all hospitals (replaced by the nurses' work experience) > censoring resp. overhauls of some of the graphics (removal of vibrators in the personnel office's background as well as the complete replacement of the golf room screen [original 3.5" Disk version had the nurse sitting with spread legs in front of the golf hole]) While those changes don't take away from the gameplay and the overall experience it's nonetheless the inferior version GOG is selling here, at least for now. If the original 3.5" Disk release would be included as well I'd pick this up in a heartbeat but looks like I'll have to hang on to the floppies for a while longer.

Can someone confirm?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I hate censorship. Fucking retarded. I thought woke fuckers liked nudity and fucking? Guess not. Or is it gay fucking they only like?

So... GOG has made it so the latest patches always come to Galaxy first, and also have given cloud saves to a lot of their games. So I try to use them. However this one game (Pathfinder Kingmaker) always ends up with a corrupt install. Did some digging around on my own and it seems it has an integrity verification issue with the DLCs. Provided everything support asked me for and they were like uuuuh why don't you just use the offline installers then?

All of that after trying to cram Galaxy down your throat.

Thank you Polandia!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my galaxy always ends up corrupted and client updates end up crashing. After a while i have dilemma - reinstall it or continue clicking on a number of windows each time i boot it

my galaxy always ends up corrupted and client updates end up crashing. After a while i have dilemma - reinstall it or continue clicking on a number of windows each time i boot it
With Kingmaker I discovered a trick. Close and open Galaxy again, you'll realize it will try to update but will never begin to do so. Cancel the update, and maybe try to find the game using the add game manually option. Sometimes it isn't necessary. Then it will proceed to update the game, installing the stuff that had problems again. And after that, it works normally. But it's the only game that has brought me trouble, and it started like a month ago. Never had any issue before that.

I think there's games that only update via galaxy. You don't get to patch games with a patch installer, you have to get the main installer to do the thing all over again. With games that are like 300mb it's okay, but when they are 50gb or something like that... Although I have decent internet, I'll admit I'm just lazy, but it's still stupid.

lefthandblack

Arcane
Recently Galaxy started trying to update certain games even though I have auto updates turned off and there was no actual update, it just wanted to dowload the whole game again, over what was already there!

My solution was to move those game folders to another drive, so Galaxy doesn't see them.

Recently Galaxy started trying to update certain games even though I have auto updates turned off and there was no actual update, it just wanted to dowload the whole game again, over what was already there!

My solution was to move those game folders to another drive, so Galaxy doesn't see them.
I've seen Steam doing the same every now and then. I assume it's something related to Cloud Saves. Why? I don't know.

Melcar

Arcane
I don't know if there's a windows equivalent but Mini Galaxy has been pretty rock solid for me.

Looks interesting. May try it over the weekend. Hopefully is integrates somewhat decently with KDE and does not look like shit like Lutris. If anything just to keep my GOG games updated, even if the games I have there rarely see updates these days.

SpellSword

Novice
Looks like GOG is now selling the original version of Doom 3 and its expansion pack Resurrection of Evil.

Additionally their news post for the release mentions that Doom 3 now has multiplayer.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom