Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

spekkio

Arcane
^
Got tired of waiting, bought on Steam during recent sale dirt cheap, "cracked" with Goldberg's dll which took me like 1 minute.

Game has problems with font scaling, requiring some tinkering with, which is probably too much for current GoG staff. More info on the issue & workarounds in the "unofficial patches" thread.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Next freebie is up called Alwa's Awakening. The DLC is a NES rom with more content. Kind of a shit move. Normally, game is ??? Fuck if I know but the DLC "

Alwa's Awakening The 8-Bit Edition" is $9.99 now on dc for $5.99.

Both it and silverbox forum has no commentary. SBC doesn't even say if the games are patched.

Btw, $9.99 for each is horrible (oh you get a discount atm bfd). Should be $2.99 a title imho or less.

Patches Scrolls the only place for the 1.1 SJ update

I used to have a site of ssi game patches, but gone now.

PC Gaming Wiki is ok to search for how to fuck around with these games.
DeathKeep
War of the Lance
Heroes of the Lance
Dragons of Flame
Shadow Sorcerer
Dragonstrike
Fantasy Empires
Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Side note: there must be a mega special because the price after discounts I listed got slashed in 1/2. Total package of shit barely $23. I doubt it gets lower for a while.

Some manuals i thought might be on mocagh aren't there. So, I'll see what the packages includes.

The D&D games? They go on sale pretty often, and for similar ammounts, so it's okay. The Gold Box releases included most if not all of the documents, but those were handled by GOG directly, don't know if it's the case now.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
But you won't see this:
NES Manual

Instead you get this:

Btw, I checked the manuals and they aren't too bad. I don't believe they are lifts from mocagh as shades on war of the lance was brighter. I will say some are lazy though because they went full 2 page spread on a few and not 1 page. War of the lance does have a map that is 2 pages so perhaps that is why but formatting can easily do different spread sizes per pdf page. I don't believe war of the lance or dragonstrike has cluebooks.

And if GOG is doing rom files (and it is), then they should have tracked down Slayer.

Last edited:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
For fucks sake. I bought death keep because of my love for old and strange gameplay and graphics... It's doing it's job, but every time you open the automap, it needs to change screen resolution. I get seconds of monitor flashing and glimpses of my mutilated desktop every time I open it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It is because Deep Sea Derelicts is coning out, then Deep Earth Derelicts, and Deep Space Derelicts, and finally Deep Dimension Derelicts.

Air
Sea
Earth
Space
And beyond the veil.

I jest of course.... who knows. <shrugs>

Semiurge

Cipher
Apparently the Quake re-release was quietly added to GOG in december. Is it necessary to login to Beth-net to access the new single-play levels?

SpellSword

Novice
Apparently the Quake re-release was quietly added to GOG in december. Is it necessary to login to Beth-net to access the new single-play levels?
If you mean the version of Quake that includes the 'Dimension of the Machine' Expansion, no you don't need to be online to run it.

Also, you can still play LAN multiplayer but will require the use of console commands.

Here are the instructions for setting it up:
The Host starts a local multiplayer game with only themself in it by clicking "Multiplayer" then "Local Play" in the main menu and configuring it to their liking.

When the game starts press "~" and open the console, then the Host types this "-listen 1".

The other player who will be joining the LAN game then opens their own console "~" from the main menu and types this: "connect IP" with IP being the IP address of the hosting computer on your LAN network.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh no!
It is almost over.

WncQvx5.jpg

There's that lovable GoG mascot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom