Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"Good gaming channels on Youtube?"

Not.AI

Learned
He is burned out because his videos aren't popular by the algorithm so he wants to do innovating stuff on his second channel.

First you gotta build up your subs and likes with mainstream content.

Then continue mainstream content.

Add game content interleaved.

I started a gaming channel on TikTok. (Oh. Wrong thread.)

YT is not super ideal to new small channels at the moment. So far as I can tell, the algorithm tries to only recommend to channel subs and a new channel by definition has no subs yet.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
this gonna be wild
another infamous mod build on cool and promising foundation including driving - in a game where physics and collisions are quite problematic

skipped a bunch of stuff, some spicy (America the girl and how modders put the letter stating her age as a form of protection in such greasy moment) one too...
:decline:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
What's up with the rise of retrospectives and 3 hour analysis videos, do people enjoy this shit?
There are no new games being released to review. Y*utubers need to make money somehow.

Baron Dupek may not like it but let's plays are the pinnacle of Y*utube gaming videos.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm not questioning that Let's Plays being good or bad. In fact - thanks to them I've made it into RPGs that otherwise were skipped in my country by the press and gamers.
But they're a thing from the past - now it's just shitshow made with fake, obonxious reaction or unemployed grifters.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What's up with the rise of retrospectives and 3 hour analysis videos, do people enjoy this shit?
It's just trends. We used to have angry reviews and now it's all about thesis-style analysis. I'm more interested in what will follow next. Perhaps something like a combination of Let's Play, walkthrough and review the way some channels are already doing?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'm not questioning that Let's Plays being good or bad. In fact - thanks to them I've made it into RPGs that otherwise were skipped in my country by the press and gamers.
But they're a thing from the past - now it's just shitshow made with fake, obonxious reaction or unemployed grifters.

Oh that fucking retard who was too fucking stupid to use protect against elemental damage spells in Pathfinder: Kingmaker when he got electricity damage from the wisps :D

pickmeister

Learned
His first video after the Dark Sun retrospective.

I don't know any of that weeb shit.

Unrelated but why do Japs name their games the way they do? Planet Laika - Planet Dead Soviet Dog? The Caligula Effect - something from the end of Roman Empire, maychance? Oh no, it's another weeb shit.. They get me every time.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They think the names sound exotic and interesting based on their vague conceptions of the West.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
They use a random word generator. That, or I still don't understand the reasoning behind say Resonance of Fate.

Hagashager

Educated
His first video after the Dark Sun retrospective.

Unrelated but why do Japs name their games the way they do? Planet Laika - Planet Dead Soviet Dog? The Caligula Effect - something from the end of Roman Empire, maychance? Oh no, it's another weeb shit.. They get me every time.

It's a combination of three Japanese social quirks. One, marketing having long titles to explain the game thoroughly to domestic audiences- it's also why manga often have ridiculously long titles. Two, post-war Japan got a lot of Western imagery and history through our pop culture- if it seems like they're turning Caligula into a joke, it's probably because their first exposure to Caligula was through a satire by Twain or some other Western critic. Three, lost in translation- "Caligula Effect" may be a localization of a Japanese concept that has nothing to do with Caligula and doesn't even reference him in their lanuage.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Overall japanese english naming goes by what sounds cool to their ears and to a certain extend depending on the medium, the whole modernization period and after ww2 cultural shock when it comes to introduction of new tech and related technical terms that comes with it. Also for some reason then have a fascination to royalty style naming conventions on making characters have long ass names in english or other european language.

ferratilis

Magister

:obviously:
image.png

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Very good, yet underappreciated channel, releases a new video after 6 months. It's about some MMO, not a great sign, but I'll give it a watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom