Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Is this what being an actual NPC is like?

Holy shit, I gave it one whole minute and he can't cough up a single thought.

There are more and more people talking like this on the internet since about last year. This video brings to mind the Kanye West interview with Tucker Carlson. A long stream of brain farts.

Hagashager

Educated
It's like the word salad used by Josh Sawyer in his tweets.

If there is a conspiracy I can believe in, it's the idea that we're losing our ability to even speak. These pseudointellectuals sound less like try-hard philosophers and more like stroke victims.

Ravielsk

Magister
It's like the word salad used by Josh Sawyer in his tweets.

If there is a conspiracy I can believe in, it's the idea that we're losing our ability to even speak. These pseudointellectuals sound less like try-hard philosophers and more like stroke victims.
Its the clot shot I tell you, its blocking their articulation centers!

But on a more serious note this is something I have been observing since I started highschool. I am a chronically lazy POS. I am serious if I could get this as medical disability I would but in college I was seen as a "hard worker" by the teachers because I was often the only one who would frequently speak up. Not even because I had so much or so much better things to say but because I could actually formulate a opinion in a format that did not require mind reading lvl.3 to understand.

People in general have no idea how to articulate themselves and the internet has just made this blatantly obvious. With how ubiquitous it became its not hard even for otherwise uninspired people to find an audience and amplify their shit takes. Especially these days when almost all avenues for negative feedback have been removed or severely constrained. So a guy who in 2008 would have been laughed out of tumblr for how bad his taste is can comfortably find him self a bubble like minded clowns and never face the possibility that he might wrong on some things.

Silverfish

Arbiter
My takeaway was that he wants RPGs to be aggressively linear storybook adventures.

It's too bad his video is a year or two old. I was going to post in the comments that Fallout 3 would be right up his alley.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist

Shoutout at 52:08:
ZQIR6cF.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane

tl;dr graphic and bloated engines are too limiting while 2d reigns
and only one can turn obsolete, sooner or later...

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
few years later - another Dawn of War 2 video

maybe it take him like a decade to reach Last Stand mode, or describe all faction missions in Retribution

Dr1f7

Scholar

seriously thinking about making a youtube channel and shitting out "SHOULD U PLAY **INSERT GAME** IN **CURRENT YEAR**" videos that are exactly long enough to monetize it sounds like a really easy way to make some $$

I wouldn't even play the games either I'd just copy opinions from reddit or something and ramble over some trailer or twitch footage

unfortunately I don't have a british accent

Hagashager

Educated
Easy enough to fake one.

OI GOV'NAH! TERDAY OIM GANNAH TAHK TA YAS ABOUTSH DAH 'ISTORY O' DAHK SOULSH OI YAM OI YAM! DONTSH FERGETS TAH WATCH ME SHTREAM MARIO + RABBEEDS ON TWTCSH THIS SA'URDAY!

elementary really

If, for some reason, circumstances compel you to impersonate an Australoid just throw in some "CUNTS" and you're good to go.

Silverfish

Arbiter
You don't even have to narrate. Just use one of the ai voice programs to simulate Stephen Fry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom