Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
Feels like they witcherized Gothic which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Silly Germans

All of you that are surprised must have never seen Monty Python, they knew it all along.

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
They nailed the combat system of pb games though.
You think it has depth and that you lack the skill and then you get a new sword and nothing matters anymore.

retinoid

Savant
Why do all these UI prompts look like they were taken directly from Skyrim?

VUS8Wuv.png

Because Skyrim is the most influential RPG ever made. Look at how many copies it sold, look at its metacritic score. Look at how popular it is!

Get hyped for TES VI, don't ask questions.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't see Gothic being easily reworked.

For one one of the shittest and best part of game was actually combat. Shittiest because it was clunky shit that barely worked, the best because it had really nice ideas in it like learning pattern of enemies, actually learning moves you want to use etc. which was novelty in pre-DS era.

The only way for Gothic to be revived for me it must be some kind of rework of combat that follows DS like combat but even more heavier.

Then there is theme of game and story which works because of precise set of choices and cast that made it living word. I fear all of those things would miss head of those devs in their pursuit of remaking game rather than remastering.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I think the team has talent but I don't think they should be doing Gothic they simply do not understand it at all.

Morkar Left

That came very unexpected...

BUT it's not from PB and some things look questionable including the saturation and distance view / fog.

Not sure if I want this tbh :negative:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For one one of the shittest and best part of game was actually combat.

Combat in this demo already meets the first criteria. I never thought you could do that to controls, both on KB&M and gamepad...

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
lol With what kind of expectations do you guys go into smth like that?
Did nobody here play Risen 2 or 3?

Hellion

Arcane
Combat feels like a combination of Souls games and... For Honor, with you using the mouse direction to select your attack stance and whatnot.

Also, unskippable dialogues make speeches carry on for oooon and oooon and oooooon. I must have spent 5-10 minutes just talking to Diego at the beginning.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Back in 2017 when For Honor came out I told myself it'd be pretty cool if a single player game used a similar combat system and that seemed to have triggered the monkey's paw.
I'm sorry for having done this to you all.

Terenty

Liturgist
Whats the point of making a remake that looks and plays like piece of shit? Who's the target audience?

curds

Magister
Whats the point of making a remake that looks and plays like piece of shit? Who's the target audience?
Once on reddit I suggested Gothic to someone who was looking for an open world action-RPG. They actually got angry at me for suggesting a game with graphics like that. That's the audience.

Curratum

Can you smell it?

I can smell it! Another low-budget UE4 that will run like absolute dogshit.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Alright, who's paying for a mass in this case? Because this will require a lot of fucking prayers.

:despair:

barghwata

Savant
Yea this is exactly what we needed, a dumbed down version of a game that came out 18 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom