Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Well fuck me in the ass,I just recently started playing this,I hope the new dlc will be available for everyone else and not just bundled in the gold edition and that we will get the HD hraphics too
DLC will be available separately, devs confirmed on Steam.

I have it on GOG,I hope it will be released at the same time there

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DLC and Gold Edition is out now.

https://af.gog.com/game/greedfall_de_vespe_conspiracy?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/606880/view/2956032344150958118

How do I start the DLC?
  1. Once you’ve purchased the DLC or if you own Greedfall Gold Edition, you have to unlock the quests "Searching for Constantin " and "On the high king's trail" in your journal in the base game.
  2. You then have to reach any camp from the game and look for a letter you can interact with. Reading this letter is the first action to start the DLC’s content.

Can I start the DLC with an end-game save?
  • It is possible to start the DLC with an end-game save. When doing so and if you’ve already finished the game or the last mission, you will have to launch your last Story autosave and you will have access to the DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh nice, I still have a run of this frozen in my backlog. Neat game, but it gets a bit repetitive at some point. Maybe I will get the DLC when I continue to spice things up.

Padzi

Arbiter
The woman in the trailer says that she is engaged to Constantin.
The creators made this DLC just to put all those incest de Sardet x Constantin fan arts to rest.

even if they are not releated at all

Padzi

Arbiter
Ok, I was WRONG.

I'm playing the DLC. What the fuck is wrong with Greedfall's writers? Aurelia is constantly talking how I am the one who want Constantin for myself, and I am the one that want to marry him. And I just gag every time. Fuck. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
How long is the DLC, and is it worth playing?

Just wondering if I should buy the game on steam with DLC for 22 eur, or just play the base game for free on gamepass.

retinoid

Savant
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the blandness that is the name GreedFall. Seriously, how the fuck did Spiders manage to come up with the most shit and uninspired name imaginable. Even all these years later I'm still in shock and it still hasn't been topped as the worst title in the industry.

Also the game is 6/10 at best, 4/10 at worst.

Padzi

Arbiter
I'm playing the DLC.

Are you playing after finishing the game? If so how did you start the DLC?

I copy-paste from previous post:

"It is possible to start the DLC with an end-game save. When doing so and if you’ve already finished the game or the last mission, you will have to launch your last Story autosave and you will have access to the DLC."

---

So yes.
I've had old save before the last mission. I was afraid first it did not work (because it's day 1 and bugs loves day 1) but it works great.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm playing the DLC.

Are you playing after finishing the game? If so how did you start the DLC?

I copy-paste from previous post:

"It is possible to start the DLC with an end-game save. When doing so and if you’ve already finished the game or the last mission, you will have to launch your last Story autosave and you will have access to the DLC."

---

So yes.
I've had old save before the last mission. I was afraid first it did not work (because it's day 1 and bugs loves day 1) but it works great.

Yeah I saw that post but my "last Story autosave" doesn't work, maybe I'm missing something but you can't travel out of that area. I think it's already past the point of no return. Luckily I had an older manual save but what if I didn't. Weird.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How long is the DLC, and is it worth playing?

Just wondering if I should buy the game on steam with DLC for 22 eur, or just play the base game for free on gamepass.
On Steam a couple of people are raging because it can be completed within 2 hours. :M

Paul_cz

Arcane
On Steam a couple of people are raging because it can be completed within 2 hours.
Yeah I saw that and I am not surprised at the rage. 2 years since release and they shit out 2 hour DLC.

I still bought it, because I am a moron, but I am not particularly happy about it. Hopefully I enjoy the game more than I did Technomancer (which was decent, but so padded with busywork running around...)

Vatnik Wumao
Ok, I was WRONG.

I'm playing the DLC. What the fuck is wrong with Greedfall's writers? Aurelia is constantly talking how I am the one who want Constantin for myself, and I am the one that want to marry him. And I just gag every time. Fuck. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

Fan service? Constantin is apparently super popular in the Greedfall fandom and there's always been fan theory that Constantin and his cousin were secretly in love with each other.

Aarwolf

Learned
What the fuck is wrong with Greedfall's writers? Aurelia is constantly talking how I am the one who want Constantin for myself, and I am the one that want to marry him. And I just gag every time. Fuck. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

They are french.

Padzi

Arbiter
Ok, I was WRONG.

Fan service? Constantin is apparently super popular in the Greedfall fandom and there's always been fan theory that Constantin and his cousin were secretly in love with each other.

Yeah, I don't know why. When I was starting the game I wasn't aware of this fan theory and I was pleased with de Sardet and Constantine's relationship. But now everytime I hear "fair cousins" I see all those "incest" artworks. The gay ones for some reason are even more popular than female de Sardet x Constantine.

BTW, it's been already a day the DLC is out, but the achievements on steam are still only 0.1% achievement rate. Ouch.

Padzi

Arbiter
Ok, I have finished the DLC.
It was ok, I liked it. Also, it's true. It's literally 2h long.
What pissed me off is boss fight is an outcome of bad ending (I checked), so I did not have it.

edit: No bugs in my run. I am in shock.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamebanshee.com/news/125267-greedfall-the-de-vespe-conspiracy-dlc-reviews.html

RPG Fan Neutral:

Since I enjoyed GreedFall, I ended up rather liking this chance to return to Teer Fradee, even if it was only for a short excursion. Whether or not that’ll be the same for others depends on their overall fondness for the base game. If you’re new to GreedFall and playing through Gold Edition, I’d recommend playing through The De Vespe Conspiracy when the initial quest opens up, as it really does just expand upon the story. Those who are picking up the base game for the first time on last-gen consoles might want to wait until they’ve progressed a bit to see how they feel about GreedFall in general, given that the DLC on those platforms is around an additional seven dollars. Still, The De Vespe Conspiracy is a solid addition to GreedFall for those eager for a return trip and more of the same.

Gaming Trend 50/100:

The return to Teer Fradee largely disappoints in the De Vespe Conspiracy, although the PlayStation 5 upgrade works well. I wanted so much more in something called an expansion, even if the cost said I should temper my expectations. The De Vespe Conspiracy still tells an enjoyable tale, but the surrounding new enemies, empty location, and anticlimactic ending make for something akin to getting a dinner mint as a dessert rather than the chocolate melting cake.

Yosharian

Arcane
Doesn't seem like the game has been improved in any meaningful way

Just a very mediocre game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom