Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall II: The Dying World - prequel with party-based RTwP combat where native PC travels to the old continent - now available on Early Access

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
I'm someone who typically pre-orders and buys RPGs because I love the genre and capable of supporting them (NO I DID NOT PRE-ORDER VEILGUARD, IT WAS A PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE GIFT), and I have a soft spot for Spiders because of Mars: War Logs and their earlier titles, but man I cannot bring myself to play this. It looks so trash.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Sad to watch this shitstorm. I genuinely enjoyed most games from Spiders, mostly for their ambition and worldbuilding.

But I guess its 2024. This year is not yet done with the game industry and requires more blood.

You shouldn't be sad. Spiders should have delayed the early access after the backlash to RTWP. That they didn't is nothing but pure hubris and invitation for their game to be DOA.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Community Update #3 | Combat, Character Customisation & Future Patch
Dear carants,

GreedFall 2’s Early Access released on Tuesday, and this week has been exciting for us. We are grateful for everyone who participated in making the release such a great moment and for everyone who took the time to share their experience with us.

We read all your feedback and questions, so we wanted to take the time to go over them with you and tell you what our team is currently working on for the next patch, as well as give you a rundown on two important subjects: combat and character customization.

Fixes & Improvements

With your feedback, we noted some bugs that we aim to fix soon with a small patch that should also include improvements such as: increasing certain drop rate, decreasing the DOF (depth of field) during dialogue scenes to make it less blurry, making the feedback of targeting an ally’s portrait more visible, and adjusting the AI behaviour so that you do not have to spend too much time micromanaging your companions when you do not want to - making your experience in combat easier.

We will publish the full changelog when it is live.

Combat System

The combat in GF2 is an aspect of Early Access that we are particularly interested in. With the introduction of the new tactical pause system, your feedback is and will be crucial for us to ensure that the new system is fun for everyone.

With that being said, we are aware that some elements are still a work in progress and need improvement, and that some bugs can hinder your experience for the moment. We noted your feedback on that subject, and we aim to improve it in future updates throughout Early Access.

Currently, the team is working on two major future improvements.

Auto Attacks
We noted that the pacing of the combat could feel a bit stiff. When auto-attacking, in between actions, the character goes back to its idle position before attacking. We plan to go over it and change it to make the combat pacing smoother and more reactive.

Picking
We noted that, in some instances, selecting a target could be difficult when it is moving or attacking. We plan to go over and fix it, so that selecting a target with a skill is more flexible regardless of it being in the middle of an animation or not.

Those two improvements are not the only things we will implement and change in the future, but we hope they will greatly help for a smoother experience in combat.

Of course, we will keep you informed when we plan to implement those changes, and we will keep monitoring your feedback to ensure that the combat system’s evolution meets your expectations as best as possible.

Customisation & Character Creation

Character Creation is another element of the game which is still in development. Throughout Early Access, we plan to add new options and new ways for you to create and customize the character you want.

You can expect some changes already in the next patches, with additional colours and hairstyles for the Character Creation.

However, in the long run, the system will have an integral revamp with new additions and new options that will let you create your character more freely, such as:
  • Face Editor: An editor for Character Creation that will let you alter the different areas of your face without having it being preset.
  • Transmog: The ability to change the appearance of your gear without altering the stats.
Of course, we will keep you informed and continue monitoring your feedback on that subject too.

Until then, do not hesitate to join the discussion and keep sharing your feedback with us.

Happy gaming!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom