Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

deama

Prophet
Is the new expnasion gonna add a new continent or something so I don't have to playthough the OG? Cause I've tried playing through ashes of malmouth, but always get really bored trying to get to it cause it gets boring at the last 1/3rd of the original game.

Also, what new classes?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Nnnnuhh?

Dl5byZjl.png

There is a new mastery for shield bash/throw kind of shit.

EruDaan

Arcane
Ashes is not that great I agree... Been there done that. It fleshes out the main story a bit. New factions are meh imho. The Inquisitor is interesting. In normal mode his mines (Fire / Ice) are fucking devastating whole groups of enemies and are even a safe method of raping bosses by luring them into the mines. The "shout" ability is also effing good. The Negrodancer as an summoner seems to be nice, I didn't play him for long (lvl. ~20) and there are some nice Uniques for some kind of melee-negrodancer.

I do not expect THAT much from the expansion honestly, but oh well. I'm sure I won't need some 29,99,- in the near future.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Really enjoyed the base game and the expansion, FG is a day 1 purchase for me also. One of the best games i played in the past few years that grew immensely in scope as time progressed and didnt dissapoint

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the only Diablo-like which I've played through all the difficulties, so yeah, it does something right.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I am kinda pissed off. The first thing you need to do is to pick one of the three cults. They are mutually exclusive, once again.

So basically look at the vendor loot, exchange two lines with the leader and you are locked for rest of the playthrough.

And you literally can't do anything before you make the choice.

Okagron

Prophet
You get reputation for all three factions, so you don't get locked out of their vendors (you just get more reputation with the one you choose). Each faction has different quests in their quest progression, but they all share the major story ones.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
First impressions:

1. The initial choice between the cults is a bit forced and a non-choice. You only get to see their equipment, but you don't get to talk to them about their intentions, goal or why exactly you have to choose between them. You can ask the Emissary that, but he gives you a non-answer. You do talk to them, but they give you vague answers which don't really help in a narrative sense. It's kind of disappointing that more writing has been thrown into the lore notes you find scattered throughout rather than the main factions in the main storyline. You gain rep with all 3 of them, so whatevs. You are still forced to work for heretical witch cults, which doesn't work for some masteries, like the Inquisitor, I would've preferred a fourth option, but eh.

2. The map is gorgeous with a lot of detail, at least the first areas you go to. We'll see what they've done as a whole, but it's both less cluttered and more detailed than AoM. Less boring and repetitive too. I think it's a bit cheap, however, as the Egyptian thing going on gives it a lot of flavor without having to be all that creative.

3. The movement augments are both a blessing and a curse. I find the teleport really useful for my main, as I frequently find myself surrounded and can't get out if I have to, now that is taken care of. The curse is that every build ever will have a movement ability now, which decreases the value of mastery movement abilities and makes them a bit less unique. Teleport doesn't work as advertised either, it's not that big of a deal, but you can't teleport through gates or through walls, it's kind of random when it works through an obstacle and when it doesn't.

4. The new enemies are much better designed, with more polygons and less janky movements. They still vomit shit all over the ground, obscuring whatever is happening, but it's also not that important, it's only important if you have to watch out for telegraphed attacks, like Zentarin, the Immortal's chaos shotgun attack.

5. The Shattered Realm seems like a good idea. It's basically Diablo 3's riftgates or whatever they were called. It's not bad at all and it gives you a lot of options for farming. I only played a single shard (each shard is divided into 4 chunks [actual terminology], at least the first one was divided into 4) and I got a unique boss I haven't seen at the end, I don't know whether they are unique, new in FG or I just haven't met them. Some of the chunks feel randomly generated, some don't. All in all, I think GD is the most versatile and gives you the most variety of any hack and slash ever.

6. Some of the lore surrounding the new enemies is a bit predictable, like when I read "The Sting", I immediately knew what that's about and what will happen.

7. T-rex. That is all.

Black_Willow

Arcane
I made myself a brand new oathkeeper.
First impression: fuck me, that has to be the fullest, most versatile class in the game. I'm thinking about taking soldier or demoman as my secondary class, but it seems that almost all active skills I'll use we'll be oathkeeper's skills.

I want to use the new oathbreaker class, but my only character is an 88th level character I have on Elite difficulty..if I start a new character to use the oath-breaker class it starts them back at the start of the story on normal (veteran) difficulty at level 1....

Is the fastest way to get a new character into the later game to use my 88th level character (which is able to go right into Forgotten Gods if I want) and have them buy one of those mastery badges which I then trade to my Oathbreaker character? Or is there a better faster way that I don't know about?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Oathkeeper feels like a low DPS class early. Once you get to Eye of Reckon though, you get to channel D2 Barbarian and Whirlwind through everybody. Playing Oathkeeper with Demolitionist. Flame Touched OA and +fire damage is nice synergy.

Okagron

Prophet
Vire's Might is definitely the best skill in Oathkeeper to level. It's a rush skill, so you get around fast. Its first modifier, Volcanic Stride, can actually stack (you can have at least two trails of fire at once), and Tectonic Shift reduces its cooldown, so you can spam it more.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am kinda pissed off. The first thing you need to do is to pick one of the three cults. They are mutually exclusive, once again.

So basically look at the vendor loot, exchange two lines with the leader and you are locked for rest of the playthrough.

And you literally can't do anything before you make the choice.

InqHlgg.jpg

InqHlgg

Does my Warlord (Sodlier+Paladin Oathkeeper) really needs to pick one of three heathen cults instead of Deus Melhir Vulting them all?

So Bros go or no go?

I enjoyed ashes (despite the samey environments) due to necro mastery and lore fluff.

so new mastery is fun? and is there nice lore fluff notes all around?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom