Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire to be released tomorrow

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Shannow said:
Mantiis said:
It isnt April the 1st yet....
...The worst April Fools since Mantiis stopped posting.
Bloodeyes said:
Uuum... It's tomorrow by my time and it's still not April Fools. Fail.
If you people can't see the bigger picture in this, then something is obviously wrong with you. What you see here is only the prologue to what will happen in the next two days... DU is planing something radical... like always.

kazgar

Arcane
Suchy said:
Impossible for Grimoire to be released before ITZ.
So either DU is trolling or today is the last day of Earth as we know it.

Well they are firing up the Large Hadron Collider for the first time today.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

zool

Arcane
VD and Black Cat bringing some flowers for Cleve to celebrate the release of Grimoire.

victory_day.jpg

relootz

Scholar
This just in. Lame jokes are lame. The grimoire joke is like a horse beaten to death, cremated, resurrected, beaten to death again and chopped into millions of pieces and then cremated again.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
relootz said:
This just in. Lame jokes are lame. The grimoire joke is like a horse beaten to death, cremated, resurrected, beaten to death again and chopped into millions of pieces and then cremated again.

That's actually quite funny.

MD17.jpg

Tycn

Savant
DarkUnderlord said:
Cleveland Mark Blakemore's Grimoire, a game based on the Wizardy series, is going to be released tomorrow on the final day of March, 2010. Here's the official press release:
The codex doesn't usually receive press releases. Something strange is going on.

timong

Novice
Now should I wait with paying the electricity bill and buy the game on the first day? Hmm..probably yes, even with electricity cut off I can move to someone for a couple of months till i finish GRIMOIRE off.

obediah

Erudite
Tycn said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Cleveland Mark Blakemore's Grimoire, a game based on the Wizardy series, is going to be released tomorrow on the final day of March, 2010. Here's the official press release:
The codex doesn't usually receive press releases. Something strange is going on.

You're new at this huh?

Every once in awhile over the last 40 years or so, Cleve announces the release date, and when that day arrives, people make sarcastic comments about it's release. I won't admit any such announcement is sincere until after I have received the game, beaten it 3 or 4 times, and met at least 10 other real life people that have beaten it.

denizsi

Arcane
I still remember the summer of '89. I was but a little and lonely child. There were few things in life that kept me going against the horrors of the world. Berlin Wall had just gone down. Soviets had pulled out of Afghanistan. Both the great Japanese Emperor Hirohito and Khomeini the supreme leader of Iran had died. I kept asking myself, where is the world going? What new horrors will tomorrow bring?

Around that time, I learned about Grimoire. I read about it in a game magazine. I was filled with hope. That something good would come amongst this darkness, the grim reality. That one day, people would put aside all their differences and simply sit down to... play Grimoire.

Mortmal

Arcane
This will rival in awesomeness an epic bioware community event i am sure. Release tomorow, i expect at lest a full month of dungeon crawling, complex puzzles and strategic encounters, like wizardry 7 was.

Lumpy

Arcane
obediah said:
You're new at this huh?

Every once in awhile over the last 40 years or so, Cleve announces the release date, and when that day arrives, people make sarcastic comments about it's release. I won't admit any such announcement is sincere until after I have received the game, beaten it 3 or 4 times, and met at least 10 other real life people that have beaten it.
And even then, most likely you were in a coma all along.

Also, everyone who didn't get the joke is dumb.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Would be funny if the game actually did get released tomorrow.

AND CAUSE EVERY COMPUTER THAT INSTALLED IT TO AUTOMATICALLY SELF-DESTRUCT ON APRIL THE FIRST. Thus, ironically, causing the ITZ, rapegangs, nuclear meltdown, etc.

38_Paradigm_of_Humanity.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom