Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

EG

Nullified
You are putting words in Alex mouth bro.:rpgcodex:

I know.

Not cool. :(

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Aw, you have defeated me, sir.

No, wait. Wait.

What are we talking about? Moribund's post above is nothing but white rage at a liberal conspiracy. That's different than someone going "Lol, that's just a hypothesis!" in Science, dismissing someone's post.

I was speaking generally, not about this thread in particular.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's not like I said LIBRUL LIBRUL LIBRUL
It's precisely what you're doing actually.

tries to drag GD into Science.
I know you're very proud of yourself for being Science moderator, but aside from the occasional tech thread that subforum is much worse than Politics. Hardly surprising really, but there you have it. The only reason I like its existence is that it's actually managed to do what I thought was impossible - it cleaned up GD. GD is now purely for lulz, blogdex (ie lulz) and other assorted sillyness minus the "retarded GD shit" that used to give that place its name. At this point dragging GD into Science would be a good thing - Science is new cesspool, alongside Politics.

And since DU hates it when people make vague unsubstantiated claims, have a random selection of totally non-GD quotes in the totally Science forum.

Mid-life crisis, eh? Want to survive kid's graduation? What's with the healthy food obsession you have there. Aren't you fat and balding anyway? Why bother? God will take you when he feels like, not the other way around.

Why bother? Prayers to our LORD GOD should suffice :obviously:

I wander where the 5.5% of negroes got their serious criminal gene. If it's some random mutation or a result of interbreeding with some ultra-violent humanoid.

What a load of LIBRUL crap.

The only reason people thought moderns didn't evolve from neanderthals, which was common until LIBRUL out of Africa plot, was mitochindria coming from elsewhere.

More like scientists too stupid to make real theories anymore.

This kind of stuff is simply too dumb for me to respond to or even comment on.

To say standards have dropped for academia is understatement. Lurching gammy-eyed unemployable misfits. I've produced better ideas whilst constipated at 8 years old than any of these people will have in their entire adult lives.

Aren't you that mental midget and serial drunkard who emptied his bank account and can't remember what happened to the money?

Could a robot with a genetically cloned brain get possessed by a Djinn? Do Djinn require only a brain for possession, or a soul as well?

It's funny that someone mentioned the Neanderthal thread being ruined by LIBRULS because you can see a large number of the retardation is from the Neanderthal thread.... by the non-libruls. I did try to include some LIBRUL posters' "GD shit" to balance it out a bit. But anyway you get the point.

Now I'm gonna go read that space thread, which seems to have escaped retardation so far.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And since DU hates it when people make vague unsubstantiated claims, have a random selection of totally non-GD quotes in the totally Science forum.
Aren't you that mental midget and serial drunkard who emptied his bank account and can't remember what happened to the money?
It's funny that someone mentioned the Neanderthal thread being ruined by LIBRULS because you can see a large number of the retardation is from the Neanderthal thread.... by the non-libruls.

It's funny you use my post as an example when it was a result of librul garfunkel coming into that threat to sling a bunch of insults at people.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
It's funny you use my post as an example when it was a result of librul garfunkel coming into that threat to sling a bunch of insults at people.
I did quote the people that he specifically named in his post. If you feel the need to defend them as eloquent, deeply thoughtful and totally scientific posts, by all means do so.

I was going to have Garfunkel's post in that selection actually but then clicked next page before I got to it.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
They take their beliefs so seriously that they get emotional about posts and they refuse to engage in any discussion of unorthodox ideas, but decide to post anyway.

Eh, maybe for some. Mostly, I just laugh in disbelief and move on. You've got to admit though...a wall of text usually illustrates one's level of caring or at the very least a horribly-used overabundance of free time.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
It's precisely what you're doing actually.

I know you're very proud of yourself for being Science moderator, but aside from the occasional tech thread that subforum is much worse than Politics. Hardly surprising really, but there you have it. The only reason I like its existence is that it's actually managed to do what I thought was impossible - it cleaned up GD. GD is now purely for lulz, blogdex (ie lulz) and other assorted sillyness minus the "retarded GD shit" that used to give that place its name. At this point dragging GD into Science would be a good thing - Science is new cesspool, alongside Politics.

I wander where the 5.5% of negroes got their serious criminal gene. If it's some random mutation or a result of interbreeding with some ultra-violent humanoid.

You don't even know what you don't know.

Where do you think that 5.5% number came from?

He is talking about SCIENCE.

The science of the MAO-A gene.

There is a correlation between a low functioning MAO-A gene and poor impulse control, as well as increased aggression. The MAO-A gene is responsible for the breakdown of old neurotransmitters in the brain. In the extremely rare cases where the MAO-A gene is "turned off", extreme violence and impulsive behavior resulted, with little provocation, in all male subjects. Most people have an MAO-A gene that is at least somewhat functional, only one family of ultra violent Dutch retards was found with it completely turned off. But a significant number of people have a dysfunctional (3R) or highly dysfunctional (2R) MAO-A gene.

59% of African Americans have a moderately dysfunctional (3R) MAO-A gene, compared to 34% of Caucasian men. Effects of a dysfunctional MAO-A gene on aggression are not statistically significant, unless someone was maltreated as a child or placed in a high provocation situation. Additionally, high testosterone, low IQ, dropping out of school, poor material living standards and social exclusion were all found (by some studies) to correlate with an increased effect of the dysfunctional MAO-A gene on aggression. [Wiki Link] Interestingly, 54% of Chinese men also had MAO-A 3R, so it's not a guarantee of violence. Unfortunately, African American men tend to trigger most of those bonus aggression factors.

However, it gets worse, much worse. Some people have a highly dysfunctional MAO-A gene, the 2R variant. 5.5% of African-American men, 0.1% of Caucasian men, and 0.00067% of Asian men carry the 2R allele. At this point the function of the gene is highly compromised and there is an inability to breakdown old neurotransmitters efficiently. We're getting closer to the ultra-violent Dutch retards now. MAO-A 2R in male adolescents DOUBLED rates of violent and serious delinquency. Rates of delinquency for females were also increased, but less so.

Completely mainstream science you can read about on wikipedia.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I did quote the people that he specifically named in his post. If you feel the need to defend them as eloquent, deeply thoughtful and totally scientific posts, by all means do so.

That wasn't the issue. The issue was:

It's funny that someone mentioned the Neanderthal thread being ruined by LIBRULS because you can see a large number of the retardation is from the Neanderthal thread....

My post was a direct result of the thread being "ruined" by a librul.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
That wasn't the issue. The issue was:

It's funny that someone mentioned the Neanderthal thread being ruined by LIBRULS because you can see a large number of the retardation is from the Neanderthal thread....

My post was a direct result of the thread being "ruined" by a librul.
Of course it is the issue: there was nothing to ruin because the thread was retarded to begin with, before he posted in it and "ruined" it, and I posted example quotes of why and how.

Of course I could claim that his post was a direct result of the thread being ruined by blablabla but eh whatever.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
"Scientists" make incredibly stupid claim that makes no sense. We are still not supposed to point out the obvious retardation because scientists are never wrong. In other news, LIBRULism is NOT a religion.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I wish there was a feature in XenForo that every time someone says LIBRULS! a thunder sound effect would play.

EG

Nullified
Or the post just gets deleted.

Political ideology isn't retardation; using it as the sole ounce of "proof" that retardation exists is.

What's so hard to understand?

If it is the only point the OP wants to make (lol, look at this dumb consurvutive|librul), it shouldn't be in Science at all.

Alex

Arcane
Or maybe a feature that would allow you to ignore what that person is posting from now on. :M

Also, yeah, I figure I am getting repetitive. Sorry.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Or maybe a feature that would allow you to ignore what that person is posting from now on. :M

But you are absolutely right. I guess we need to streamline the ignore function. How about eliminating the "show ignored content" button? Im sure that would get rid of butthurtnez.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Of course it is the issue: there was nothing to ruin because the thread was retarded to begin with, before he posted in it and "ruined" it, and I posted example quotes of why and how.

Of course I could claim that his post was a direct result of the thread being ruined by blablabla but eh whatever.

"ruined" in this context means people coming in slinging crap at other members. It's what's Moribund was talking about. Nobody was doing that until GarfunkeL showed up.

SerratedBiz

Arcane

The problem isn't always with a problematic poster's content itself, but rather that it often leads to a derailing of the thread because other people cannot see past the troll and respond to them. If the ignore feature was so good that it not only hid Fretrider's now rancid trolling but also the retardation that spawns from his every occurrence, maybe then it would be a solution.

ironyuri

This thread is all so familiar... wait... it's coming back now:

TomellProvendash -- Banned -- 15/05/2012

I was advised this was more fun than the watch and other rpg forums, guess that must have been in another time. Have fun with your homogenous forum of acid atheists and liberals.

Fret 20/05/2012 said:
You can count the local conservatives in one hand. There is Mastermind, HHR, Higher Game, Lyric Suite and then me(not sure who I am forgetting). All of them earning high ignore counts I think. There are a couple of others that could be called "right-wingers"(Nomask and and a few others), but they are not religious or really that conservative.

Herpaderpity has risen 20/05/2012 said:
Loaded with political agenda? Tell that to people like raw and Trash who often start multiple such threads a day.

These are not social issues that we go out of our way to seek out, these are issues that come knocking at our doors. What do you care if we want to speak about it? Not to mention that I am always careful not to flood with topics, and not to spread the subject matters to many unrelated threads.

Also, I'm certainly not complaining about being "oppressed", I just point out some of the hypocrisy I see.

DarkUnderlord said:
No, more that there's a difference between:

a) Having a discussion where you actually debate your point of view.

- and -

b) Calling everyone you reply to a liberal shitcock who's too sensitive, attacking everyone and everything in most posts you make, of which you make 50+ per day. Particularly hunting people down and posting shit on their profile's about why they're such miserable people or some such nonsense. Or especially when the vast, overwhelming majority of their posts are in GD. Making a bare handful of reasonable posts in other forums doesn't save them.

Reason b) is why Andhaira is stuck in the moderation queue. b) is not here to "discuss" anything with anyone. b) is here to troll (Alternatively, if you really do hate everyone who's here, than banning you is doing you a favour). Incidentally, Andhaira too created umpteen different variations of his account until we eventually just tired of him and cut his rope because every thread he created or posted in resulted in an immediate de-railment with only image macro replies and a thread destined for Retardo Land.

As you said, people like that have pretty much been trolling all along. Particularly when they have a history of such.

Put another way: Apparently you hate everything - or everything is a liberal shitcock conspiracy - and you need to tell us about it. Constantly. And we've passed the point where we care. Bush did 911. Which is better and why?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The problem isn't always with a problematic poster's content itself, but rather that it often leads to a derailing of the thread because other people cannot see past the troll and respond to them. If the ignore feature was so good that it not only hid Fretrider's now rancid trolling but also the retardation that spawns from his every occurrence, maybe then it would be a solution.
Alex cannot into externalities.

Alex

Arcane
On one hand, we had the capacity of keeping the forum open for people of all kinds to come and discuss what they want. On the other hand, we have the welfare of people who are inflicted with posts they didn't want to read, but could just as well ignore. To me, it seems pretty obvious the first scenario is more important than the second.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not making an alt here ever again.

old-man-laughing.jpg

ironyuri

The real issue at hand here is that there is a massive positive feedback loop between the self-proclaimed "conservative" martyrs-cum-trolls that see Politics, Science and General as their Heimat. Mastermind used the phrase "mental midget" in this thread, that is a term Cleve has used previously. The term "LIBRUL" was not in popular Codex parlance before FretRider began using it expressly in every single post. That's when PorkaMorka, Draco, LyricSuite, oscar, Mastermind, dnf and several others (and their alts) began using the term with increasing regularity. This has happened with other terms which have filtered down from the ego-ideal caricutures upheld by the Conservative posters, Cleve and LyricSuite being two of the primary examples (these include: melonheads, sciencemajistics, multikult, and librul as mentioned above), which have become memes as far as the posters who self-identify as "conservative" are concerned*.

Secondary to this, is the fact that, as evidenced by this thread alone, the herd mentality of self-identifying conservatives has bundled into a massive pesecution complex, which posits them as martyrs defending their rights, and the "librulised" administration as trying to curb them. Nobody in their right fucking mind in this thread could disagree with the fact that in the General forums (the library, science, politics, gd), the "conservative" posters drown out any discussion with pure white noise, and the sheer volume of threads made by them buries any other thread and forces people who do want to participate in discussion out, because as soon as they enter a thread they'll be bombarded with epithets like "librul."

Add to this the fact that most, if not all of the "conservative" posters, are driven to greater heights of fervour by alts who are trolls (Schattenjaeger/Bryce/Chefe/Roqua/Drog/Nomask/Knotanalt), and don't inherently believe what they're posting to begin with, what is essentially happening is that the fucking trolls and the toxic behaviour they encourage, is turning decent posters like alkeides and Anselmus into irredeemable fuckwits by association. You only need to look at oscar's posting history to watch the transformation of a teenager joining the Codex from relatively moderate position into Stormfront 101, and largely because of who they associate with and idealise on the forums because their views are being confirmed without challenge time after fucking time regardless of their outlandishness, or utterly erroneous basis.

The Codex is not fucking Stormfront, yet there's a reason Fargo sends his videos to Kotaku and not to the Codex. Because the Codex looks like Stormfront to anyone who visits from outside.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom