Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
I thought it was sheek who popularized the Librul meme.

Anselmus

Arcane
Your only point addressing my post was that it was incoherent, so I attempted to clarify and you didn't even take up that clarification. I'm content to let it stand at that and at the fact that you've used both WCDS and LIBRUL before this thread while I have not (EDIT: and like I said search seems a little messed up so it's possible that I'm wrong on that account). I'm not much invested at all, that I have an academic interest in human tribalism is the only reason I entered into the discussion.

Whether you like me or not seems to vary more on whether I'm saying something that you with agree with than my general demeanor.

EG

Nullified
Your only point addressing my post was that it was incoherent, so I attempted to clarify and you didn't even take up that clarification. I'm content to let it stand at that and at the fact that you've used both WCDS and LIBRUL before this thread while I have not. I'm not much invested at all, that I have an academic interest in human tribalism is the only reason I entered into the discussion.

Ironyuri, your analysis is slightly flawed. LIBRUL only came to exist after the arbitrary division of people into the "WCDS" or what have you. No two members of the last group are all that similar in their political or religious beliefs, yet they were so lumped together as being in opposition to a spectrum which we might call the classical liberal or liberal humanist consensus. Which is ironic for the obvious reason but also because the latter actually is a closer reflection of "Western civilization" as it stands today.

Prior to his usage of the terms in this discussion.

Right?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Conservatards are conspiring to take Dex from us and drag it back to XIII century pliz Help! All of 10 of them! Mods ban them Pliz! Even Trash editing posts and tags is not enough! Fascism must be purged! Send the NATO drag them to BSN for reeducation in only proper way of thinking! :hero: Libruls are +M Spoiled little Princesses.

EG

Nullified
Conservatards are conspiring to take Dex from us and drag it back to XIII century pliz Help! All of 10 of them! Mods ban them Pliz! Even Trash editing posts and tags is not enough! Fascism must be purged! Send the NATO drag them to BSN for reeducation in only proper way of thinking! :hero: Libruls are +M Spoiled little Princesses.

Burn it all!

Liberals, conservatives, princesses, and nazis! Everyone goes into the flames!

ironyuri

I sense an Iron Yuri meltdown approaching critical mass...he is on the edge. How to push him off?

Calling hiver to do the needful.

I like that this appeared (approved from the mod queue) in the middle of the thread.

I'm not sure what gives you that idea though, Andhaira. As usual the argument was won several pages ago and anything else is just waiting for brofists on slow-cooking posts* while arguing over semantics with people who are unable to argue substantively**.

*walls of text and written posts take longer to generate brofists than photoshops or gifs.

**The arguments over semantics were wasted posts that will not generate brofists, thus offseting any brofist profits and rewards I earn. That is the unfortunate problem of defending one's points in Codex arguments. A protracted engagement dilutes the number of potential brofists. Thus, my sarcastic post directed toward Awor will reap a high reward, while my original posts will do well for themselves in their own rights, but not nearly as well as the sarcasm. The subsequent argument with Anselmus will likely generate no fists, meaning at the moment for 5-6 posts, I've only generated a total of 7-8 fists. Not nearly enough to maintain a 3:1 brofists to post ratio. If I am going to melt down at all, it will be over the loss of potential brofists. Is a man not entitled to the fist of his bros?

Anselmus

Arcane
Good news, everybody. The oldest use of librul I could track down was in 2010 when Gnidrologist corrupted Liberal's then username. Once again, we can all join hands and blame Glyphwright for everything.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm sure Liberal will be thrilled to hear that Anselmus. He loves to pretend he's a martyr after all.

pan

Learned
The real issue at hand here is that there is a massive positive feedback loop between the self-proclaimed "conservative" martyrs-cum-trolls that see Politics, Science and General as their Heimat. Mastermind used the phrase "mental midget" in this thread, that is a term Cleve has used previously. The term "LIBRUL" was not in popular Codex parlance before FretRider began using it expressly in every single post. That's when PorkaMorka, Draco, LyricSuite, oscar, Mastermind, dnf and several others (and their alts) began using the term with increasing regularity. This has happened with other terms which have filtered down from the ego-ideal caricutures upheld by the Conservative posters, Cleve and LyricSuite being two of the primary examples (these include: melonheads, sciencemajistics, multikult, and librul as mentioned above), which have become memes as far as the posters who self-identify as "conservative" are concerned*.

Secondary to this, is the fact that, as evidenced by this thread alone, the herd mentality of self-identifying conservatives has bundled into a massive pesecution complex, which posits them as martyrs defending their rights, and the "librulised" administration as trying to curb them. Nobody in their right fucking mind in this thread could disagree with the fact that in the General forums (the library, science, politics, gd), the "conservative" posters drown out any discussion with pure white noise, and the sheer volume of threads made by them buries any other thread and forces people who do want to participate in discussion out, because as soon as they enter a thread they'll be bombarded with epithets like "librul."

Add to this the fact that most, if not all of the "conservative" posters, are driven to greater heights of fervour by alts who are trolls (Schattenjaeger/Bryce/Chefe/Roqua/Drog/Nomask/Knotanalt), and don't inherently believe what they're posting to begin with, what is essentially happening is that the fucking trolls and the toxic behaviour they encourage, is turning decent posters like alkeides and Anselmus into irredeemable fuckwits by association. You only need to look at oscar's posting history to watch the transformation of a teenager joining the Codex from relatively moderate position into Stormfront 101, and largely because of who they associate with and idealise on the forums because their views are being confirmed without challenge time after fucking time regardless of their outlandishness, or utterly erroneous basis.

The Codex is not fucking Stormfront, yet there's a reason Fargo sends his videos to Kotaku and not to the Codex. Because the Codex looks like Stormfront to anyone who visits from outside.

Edit: Moreover, let's not forget that the Politics and Science forums were only created to split the trolling out of General Discussion into more manageable forums. They do not exist for discussion, they exist to contain trolling, as fringes of Retardo (the Curst to Retardoland's Carceri), and usually slide into Retardo when even the semblance of "discussion" disappears. Entire sections of threads have been broken off out of cRPG into General and Politics (the thread on women in Project Eternity being a major example) because they attract the kind of bullshit that is de jure in Politics. Politics and Science are @DarkUnderlord's divide and conquer policy vis a vis alts and trolling and this has been enhanced by closing those forums to new accounts, which means that banning is now the final extreme (@Alex), not the fucking first resort.

*It's directly analogous to the "4chan"-dex phenomena which began circulating from 2008 through 2011, when terms like popamole, butthurt, and newfag/oldfag became widespread. The only difference being that the white noise being generated in General is spreading through the rest of the forums and has no relevance to what the RPGCodex is supposed to be: A Computer Roleplaying Game discussion forum.

Edit #2: Yes, I will update my fucking LP. I know you can see this. I know you think if I can write this then I should be able to write the fucking LP just as easily, but I put some work into that rather than just rattling off a quick few hundred words here. I'll get there soon, once I get the helter skelter I've been riding for the last two months or so sorted out.

So basically you are butthurt that there are hiveminds and shitstorms on the internet. Meh, you could have said it in less words.

Here's my perspective: there is nothing to be gained by discussing things on the internet, so there is therefore nothing to be lost by discussing them poorly

Repressed Homosexual
Ironyuri, your analysis is slightly flawed. LIBRUL only came to exist after the arbitrary division of people into the "WCDS" or what have you. No two members of the last group are all that similar in their political or religious beliefs, yet they were so lumped together as being in opposition to a spectrum which we might call the classical liberal or liberal humanist consensus. Which is ironic for the obvious reason but also because the latter actually is a closer reflection of "Western civilization" as it stands today.

First: Your post is incoherent.

Second: The "WCDS" tag has existed for some time, and was generally applied to Higher Game (Location: Female Anus) when he had a penchant for posting articles from the Daily Mail about five or six times a day with his favourite invective commentaries (niggers, wimmunz, liberals). Like the "conservative" label, the WCDS label is one worn by the posters who self-identify with the group. No other individual groupings of posters on the Codex self-identify as members of a privileged community-apart excepting those in the gaming forums who once upon a time identified as "mondblutians" (combatfags/twinks/min-maxers), and "storyfags" (and a few other smaller groups). Nobody who is identified as "librul" by Bryce, HHR or anyone else, identifies themselves as being part of a group which exists apart from the rest of the Codex. That is the sole domain of the "conservatives." Further, the term "librul" which is what I was addressing, used as an epithet to describe anything that is disagreeable (gay marriage, female characters in RPGs, social policies that don't roll us back into the thirteenth century) did only become widespread thanks to its dissemination in FretRider et al posts, and it became widespread because he and others identified themselves as not liberal.

Third: Whether or not the members who self-identify as "conservative" disagree with one another over particulate issues (and whether or not these disagreements are just more white noise created by alts), the general thrust of every thread is the same: "libruls/jews/women/niggers did xyz." To quote FretRider:
Not to mention that I am always careful not to flood with topics, and not to spread the subject matters to many unrelated threads.
But the problem is that posters like HHR and he do flood with topics, and they do spread their pet subject matters to many if not all unrelated threads. If a game developer wants to have women in the game, then it must be the work of jew-nigger-scienmagicians. If I make a thread about my father being diagnosed with prostate cancer, here comes HHR to chime in with "hey this is all wheat's fault." The disagreements which exist between so-called "conservatives" at the Codex only manifest when too many of their pet issues overlap in one thread, or when traditional "conservative" views clash with modern neo-conservative or libertarian views.

Edit: Jaesun You could change it back to the original title: "TRASH EXPLODING IN BUTTHURT AGAIN"

Edit 2: In response to Awor Szurkrarz 's comment immediately following this: And are any of those terms supposedly used by "leftist" Codexers nearly as fucking ubiquitous as "libruls" has become? Are entire threads being derailed with "Christard Randroids rightard conservatards are ruining game x because they want women to stay in the kitchen"? You're also utterly wrong in your assertion, because once again, you have crafted this wonderful story of victimisation and martyrdom wherein the "conservatives" are only responding to what the "libruls" were doing in the first place. It's a lovely narrative for you I'm sure, but prior to "libruls," there was Khor, Higher Game, Nomask7 and the grand old era of StormfrontDex when white supremacy was number one with a bullet in /gd/. This has been an ongoing issue for years and "librul" is just the current manifestation of that issue.

This is flatout untrue. I mentioned herbs that are used to help with prostate problems, not wheat.

EG

Nullified

Second: The "WCDS" tag has existed for some time, and was generally applied to Higher Game (Location: Female Anus) when he had a penchant for posting articles from the Daily Mail about five or six times a day with his favourite invective commentaries (niggers, wimmunz, liberals). Like the "conservative" label, the WCDS label is one worn by the posters who self-identify with the group. No other individual groupings of posters on the Codex self-identify as members of a privileged community-apart excepting those in the gaming forums who once upon a time identified as "mondblutians" (combatfags/twinks/min-maxers), and "storyfags" (and a few other smaller groups). Nobody who is identified as "librul" by Bryce, HHR or anyone else, identifies themselves as being part of a group which exists apart from the rest of the Codex. That is the sole domain of the "conservatives." Further, the term "librul" which is what I was addressing, used as an epithet to describe anything that is disagreeable (gay marriage, female characters in RPGs, social policies that don't roll us back into the thirteenth century) did only become widespread thanks to its dissemination in FretRider et al posts, and it became widespread because he and others identified themselves as not liberal.

Third: Whether or not the members who self-identify as "conservative" disagree with one another over particulate issues (and whether or not these disagreements are just more white noise created by alts), the general thrust of every thread is the same: "libruls/jews/women/niggers did xyz." To quote FretRider:
Not to mention that I am always careful not to flood with topics, and not to spread the subject matters to many unrelated threads.
But the problem is that posters like HHR and he do flood with topics, and they do spread their pet subject matters to many if not all unrelated threads. If a game developer wants to have women in the game, then it must be the work of jew-nigger-scienmagicians. If I make a thread about my father being diagnosed with prostate cancer, here comes HHR to chime in with "hey this is all wheat's fault." The disagreements which exist between so-called "conservatives" at the Codex only manifest when too many of their pet issues overlap in one thread, or when traditional "conservative" views clash with modern neo-conservative or libertarian views.

Edit: Jaesun You could change it back to the original title: "TRASH EXPLODING IN BUTTHURT AGAIN"

Edit 2: In response to Awor Szurkrarz 's comment immediately following this: And are any of those terms supposedly used by "leftist" Codexers nearly as fucking ubiquitous as "libruls" has become? Are entire threads being derailed with "Christard Randroids rightard conservatards are ruining game x because they want women to stay in the kitchen"? You're also utterly wrong in your assertion, because once again, you have crafted this wonderful story of victimisation and martyrdom wherein the "conservatives" are only responding to what the "libruls" were doing in the first place. It's a lovely narrative for you I'm sure, but prior to "libruls," there was Khor, Higher Game, Nomask7 and the grand old era of StormfrontDex when white supremacy was number one with a bullet in /gd/. This has been an ongoing issue for years and "librul" is just the current manifestation of that issue.

This is flatout untrue. I mentioned herbs that are used to help with prostate problems, not wheat.

:lol:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

this confirms that HHR! is either a troll or a complete retard. Can't pick which one's worse.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ironyuri, if you're wanting to reap a great brofist harvest, there is one Colonel Kleinmann waiting to find how his latest misadventure goes.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Good news, everybody. The oldest use of librul I could track down was in 2010 when Gnidrologist corrupted Liberal's then username. Once again, we can all join hands and blame Glyphwright for everything.
And with this peace once again descends on Codexia and we can go back to bashing Richard Garriott instead. This thread can finally take its rightfully deserved place on top of the sticky list.

You probed the depths of the search function to bring about peace between libruls and conservtards. Your actions in service of the greater good will not be forgotten :salute:

in before 20 more pages

EG

Nullified
And with this peace once again descends on Codexia and we can go back to bashing Richard Garriott instead. This thread can finally take its rightfully deserved place on top of the sticky list.

You probed the depths of the search function to bring about peace between libruls and conservtards. Your actions in service of the greater good will not be forgotten :salute:

Ban Anselmus for ending this thread. :mad:

Glyphwright

People Retards started calling me librul long before the term was used in regards to the political Left.

They still call me librul/liberal sometimes. Codexers are not learning animals.

Once again, we can all join hands and blame Glyphwright for everything.
:troll:

I'm sure Liberal will be thrilled to hear that Anselmus. He loves to pretend he's a martyr after all.

Question for Anselmus (off-topic, but given the topic I don't think that matters overly much). Is your ma,e a referemce to Saint Anselm (the guy who came up with the most well-known version of the ontological argument for the existence of God - e.g. http://philosophy.lander.edu/intro/anselm.shtml. The name just seems too odd to not have been at least subconcsiously influenced by Anselm.

Anselmus

Arcane
Question for Anselmus (off-topic, but given the topic I don't think that matters overly much). Is your ma,e a referemce to Saint Anselm (the guy who came up with the most well-known version of the ontological argument for the existence of God - e.g. http://philosophy.lander.edu/intro/anselm.shtml. The name just seems too odd to not have been at least subconcsiously influenced by Anselm.

Partially. More so because it's the name of the protagonist of E.T.A. Hoffman's story The Golden Pot.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You only need to look at oscar's posting history to watch the transformation of a teenager joining the Codex from relatively moderate position into Stormfront 101, and largely because of who they associate with and idealise on the forums because their views are being confirmed without challenge time after fucking time regardless of their outlandishness, or utterly erroneous basis..

Ahh, so i'm not the only one that noticed this. Poor oscar is a sorry case of a formerly reserved poster who desperately wanted to fit in, yet latched onto the absolute worst clique like a desperate barnacle. Shame really, he seemed like a nice guy until he transformed into a complete sperg that rubs one out to images of neil strauss and tom metzger.
That's normal human behaviour. People don't research to find answers, they mostly look to support what they already believe - and ignore or dismiss anything that doesn't back those beliefs up.

Incorrect. First ever use of the term "librul" was in 2003 by a poster called FreeThis.

After that, the term is not used again until Sarvis in 2007.

Oarfish is next in 2008.

It's not until 2010 that the term starts to become used popularly by Freelance Henchmen, Gnidrologist, Humanity has risen!, Cloaked Figure and DraQ.

resulting in a private conversation and thus no drama.
No drama? Fuck that bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom