Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Guido Henkel's Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore - CANCELLED

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Couple of pretty screens and the codex starts to suddenly gush all over this. We are turning into such graphics whores...

Drowed

Arcane
Well, if in the end I'll be fucked and with less money in my pocket, that at least the whore the game should be pretty.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
He never said that he would do a Kickstarter. In fact, he explicitly mentioned that he never said that he would do a Kickstarter... ;)

methinks the guido doth protest too much

LOL. The newest Thorvalla update:

Project Update #17: “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” gets Kickstarted!
Posted by G3 Studios
Many of you are by now aware of my latest project, “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore,” I presume, and since you were a backer of my previous project, “Thorvalla,” I thought you might be interested in hearing that we are currently lining up a Kickstarter campaign for “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore.”

The campaign will go live on Wednesday, November 6, so please mark your calendar and stop over to check out the campaign when we go live.

If you haven’t been following recent updates for the new game, feel free to take a look at the official “Deathfire” website at http://www.deathfiregame.com where we are hosting screenshots, massive details about the game and a lot of background information about the development process.

Thank you for your support in the past, I hope I will be able to welcome you once again as a backer for “Deathfire : Ruins of Nethermore” on November 6, especially since we will offer special perks for first-day backers!

And his website has an update too:

Deathfire gets Kickstarted!

Since we first announced our project “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore,” we have been very tight-lipped about how we are planning to finance the project as a whole. While we have been working on the prototype for the past eight months, we paid all expenses out of our own pockets, but the time has come for us to seek real financial investment in the project, and we have decided to use Kickstarter for that purpose.

We are currently putting the final touches to our Kickstarter campaign to make sure all the relevant information is there, as well as tier rewards for the backers that are both attractive as well as within financial reach. We are confident that we can make a good case for the project and we hope you will all help us get ”Deathfire” the kind of exposure and visibility it will need to succeed, so please mark your calendars.

The Kickstarter campaign for “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” will go live on Wednesday November 6th!
We have reached out to the press at this time, hoping that they will help us gather the initial momentum that will be necessary to get the campaign off to a strong start, but you can help too. Tweet about the upcoming campaign, let your friends know, share the info on message boards—in short, please help us spread the word.

Get your First Day Backer Badge and an exclusive in-game item!

Because a strong campaign start is absolutely vital, we have put in place special rewards for early backers that might interest your readers. Everyone who backs the project during the first day of the campaign will receive a FIRST DAY BACKER Badge on our forums and will also receive an exclusive in-game item that will not appear anywhere else in the game. This particular bonus will no longer be applied once the first 24 hours of the campaign have passed.

We have another special reward in place for the first 48 hours! If we manage to gather at least 1,500 backers within those crucial first 48 hours, we will create an exclusive cover for the Kickstarter Edition of the game! This cover, which will also serve as the game’s initial loading screen, will not be available to players who will purchase the game online or in stores later.

So, once again, make sure to mark your calendars! November 6 is the day you can help bring the tale of the Nethermancer and his undead army to life!

http://deathfiregame.com/2013/10/deathfire-gets-kickstarted/

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's always okay to discuss the latest news about a game in its thread even if there's also a news thread about it.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://deathfiregame.com/2013/11/kickstarter-diary-on-pc-games-to-accompany-campaign/

Kickstarter400.png

Our Kickstarter campaign for “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” will launch at 12:00 noon PST on Wednesday, November 6th!

We are actually delivery a kind of running commentary during the campaign with a Kickstarter Diary that is hosted on the website of major German online magazine, PC Games.

Over the course of the campaign, Guido Henkel will post periodical updates, discussing the development of the campaign while also touching upon questions that might arise during the 30 days that we’re trying to raise the funds for our project.

The Kickstarter Diary is in German language, so not all of you might be able to get the full scoop, but to make things a bit easier for you, here is a link to the page using Bing Translator. (I am actually somewhat stunned, but Bing’s translator leaves Google’s right in the dust. Who would have thought?)

I just wanted to give you a quick heads-up on this. Check out this introduction to the campaign, if you may, and get a feel for the amount of work that lead up to this moment.

And don’t forget to be there… 12:00 noon PST! Kickstarter!

Looks like he's being more serious about shoring up the German base this time around.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ratman looks awful, i hope it's temporary art. Take a Bloodbowl skaven and then substract the originality.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I think the ratman looks good. Reminds me of the rats in Lands of Lore in Draracle cave. Also the textures are nice and detailed (especially compared to most other Unity games).

I am slightly irritated by the wall of text in the second picture: does that mean all communications between party members and NPCs (which was announced on his website) only takes place in giant pieces of paper blocking the view? I thought of full voiceovers (like in Wiz8) reducing some text. One can clearly see the his influence as a book writer though.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think the ratman looks good. Reminds me of the rats in Lands of Lore in Draracle cave. Also the textures are nice and detailed (especially compared to most other Unity games).

I am slightly irritated by the wall of text in the second picture: does that mean all communications between party members and NPCs (which was announced on his website) only takes place in giant pieces of paper blocking the view? I thought of full voiceovers (like in Wiz8) reducing some text. One can clearly see the his influence as a book writer though.

I'm confident that reducing the amount of text in the game will be a stretch goal. Have faith.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Lighting is good, no bloom, detailed textures.... still waiting for release pitchfork party, in case something went wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom