Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Game's title revealed -- Guilty Gear Strive
Also Faust teased, looking creepy af.

And some gameplay from 4gamer article:

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Redefining the core concept of Guilty Gear and creating a game that both new and existing players would like to get their hands on? I'm not sure how to feel about that one.

Back when fighting games were on top and playing them was fun and popular it was EXPECTED for every new fighting game to innovate and test new things out. When Teken 3 was out it was completely different game to Teken 2. When VF2 came out it was completely different game to VF1 and so on.

Going away with moves you learned and characters you liked was the expectation and it made sure new people who join can learn things and compete with veterans who had to learn all the same like new players new mechanics.

Sometime around 2000 fighting game devs decided to stop innovation and testing and started to make out of it e-sport.

That stagnation is why i quit fighting games. I don't want to play Teken 3 anymore nor i want to play with characters who were not changed at all or barely changed since teken3. Bryan Snake Path and jabs work exactly the same as they worked in Teken 3 years ago in every Tekken after 3 and there is no reason for me to learn anything since they work oh so well.

The only fighting game that seems to get it is hilariously Nintendo with smash. Smash never relies on people sperging out same character for decade+ and even if you are not into competition to be the best there is literally shitload of content for you to play with in single player, different game modes, treasure hunts stuff like those will help you build skills if you are complete noob.

I loved Guilty Gear X but i don't want to play same Guilty Gear with same characters. Which is why i would rather play BlazBlue than new GG if they want to keep it the same.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Release date 9th of April 2021, simultaneous PS4, PS5, Steam and arcade. Beta test early 2021. First season of DLC: 5 characters, 2 stages, colors and a bit of story. PS4 and PS5 crossplay.

New character revealed, plus Anji teased. Release will have 15 characters.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How to put a King of Fighters character into Guilty Gear:

Give her paw sneakers, a Wolf stand, and some weird Red Hot Chilly Pepper song.

11/10, the art is already amazing.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
tenor.gif

Machocruz

Arcane
I am still gobsmacked at what Arc have done on the visual front in their last couple of games. This is the future, or should be. Capcom are a bunch of tasteless idiots if they don't embraces this for any future fighting games instead of continuing with their ugly Nerf people. SNK need to get on board too.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm playing lately GGACR with the rollback netcode beta on Steam and it plays like a dream. Trying online SFV afterwards is painful.

If anyone here wants to play with a beginner, I'm up to get steamrolled in some games. I'm learning to play Venom, like the character gameplay a lot.

What a steal for 3$. It's pretty active also.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Anji Mito trailer dropped, final release character will be revealed in February

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Don't care about that faggot character, but day one from me, except Trainwreck.

What last character do you expect? I would bet on Testament.

Nathir

Liturgist
Don't care about that faggot character, but day one from me, except Trainwreck.

What last character do you expect? I would bet on Testament.

Why the hate?

I don't think it's going to be Testament. I bet it's going to be a female character. Not enough waifus for the jap market atm. Probably Elphelt or a new character. Maybe Dizzy?

Anyway, Anji looks fine, though I am surprised they included him. I don't think he was a very popular character either in the west or Japan. I still don't like what I am seeing. Just massive hitstop on every hit. It looks unnatural and weird. And 4 hit combos and wall breaks everywhere. I'll probably get it, because I am a fan but it doesn't look good at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom