Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has anyone got Silent Hill 1 PC to Work!?

Are you a dickweed?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Hi,

So I'm a badass a torrented Silent Hill 1! I've wanted to play this game for a while, and apparently some indie developer named Silentscape studios created a version of it for PC. After 7 friggin' days of twiddling with ePSXe to get it to run the bloody thing, finally I've got to the menu screen...only no cursor! And no way to start the game. I've tried my gamepad, keyboard, mouse, and now given up. I don't want to buy a Playstation 2 because I'm dirt fucking poor for one game! Anyone wanna help me figure this shiznits out so I can enjoy pissing myself like a 3 year old!?

bhlaab

Erudite
I'm pretty sure that "PC version" is just a frontend for epsxe anyway.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
What "PC" version ? It's a PS1 game that can be run with an emulator. Epsxe is one emulator. If you downloaded a torrent with a pre-setup Silent Hill game with epsxe and you have trouble maybe you should try setting up the emulator yourself.

Your problem could be that you haven't set up correctly the controllers. Inside the installation folder you'll find the epsxe.exe, run it and then go to config->gamepad->port1->pad1 and configure your controller.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This is my epsxe config for SH and it works fine.

Code:
Graphics Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9

Resolution/Color:
- 1680x1050 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio: 
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on 
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: on  [220]
- Mdec filter: on 
- Screen filtering: on 
- Shader effects: 5/2
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

===================================

Sound Plugin : Eternal SPU plugin

Audio Device:
- DerectSound, buffer size: 64

Audio out method:
- Thread, Async mode: Simple

Special Game fix: NONE

Misc:
- Wait for XA buffer is free
- Fine tune : 0
- Reverb: Neill's

====================================

ePSXe Sound Settings:
-Enable sound
-Enable CDDA
-Enable MDECXA

====================================

CDROM plugin: Internal epsxe cdr plugin.

You can even get a semi-correct widescreen view with the "Try to keep pixel ratio" option of pete's plugin.

spekkio

Arcane
What ghostdog wrote. There's no PC version of Silent Hill 1. What is the format of the image file (.bin, .img)? Maybe there's something wrong with it. Download your abandonwarez from some quality source, plox. :roll:
If epsxe fails, you can try different emulators like pSX or SSSPX

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hah, I remember it worked just fine in that emulator that actually plays games instead of configurations windows. :roll:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Yep, it's a heavily modded ePSXe version, adapted for PC by a MOD team! Cut me some slack guys, I got the game working just fine! I'm just at the menu screen, I configured the gamepad and everything... It took me DAAAYYS. And I just want this friggin' game to run so I can bash mutant nurses! Now that the emulator and everything is set up, what is lacking is a "start" command. I am at the start menu! Someone help me get it to run.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm sure the custom menu of the modded version somehow fucks up things. Just run epsxe.exe go to File -> Run ISO and choose the image of the game (it can open most image files like iso, bin, mds, etc.).

Wolfus

Arcane
I downloaded this version few years ago and it ran instantly without any troubles.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't you just play in an emulator? There is no official PC version anyway.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
It runs fine with epsxe. Just play it in 4:3 and don't change the internal resolution.
Over the weekend I played through it and didn't encounter any problems.

schru

Arcane
Also, set the colour depth to 16 bits to get the dithering effect and consider a CRT screen filter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom