Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has there ever been a BIG open world RPG that was also QUALITY?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
As usual, your butthurt/attention whore thread is extremely unfocused, abuse of fake data and criticise Morrowind just for the wrong reasons.

I hope your post will enlighten me, then.

Morrowind hasn't "bad quality" world, in fact is just the opposite: Morrowind worldbuilding, art design, item/world object diversity, uniqueness, interactivity, internal consistency, credibility, originality, regional diversity, exploration-specific design, atttention to detail, etc, are among the best examples in any game.

Notice how you've said nothing about Morrowind's game world itself. You've only mentioned:
  1. It's lore (worldbuilding, uniqueness, internal consistency, credibility, originality).
  2. It's world design (art design, regional diversity, exploration-specific design, attention to detail).
  3. It's basic game mechanics (item/world object diversity).
In other words, your appreciation of Morrowind's world can be summarized as "it's unique, pretty to look at, and there's lots of unique items there". Cool. That says nothing about why should I want to play Morrowind's game world.

Other few games are better in encounter design

I hope this was a joke.

or interior design, uniqueness or content diversity "average" -but for sure, not raw amount-, world/actors/enemy reactivity and some other contexts but still not a single game in crpg history has a world that can compete against Morrowind in a general perspective. Neither in quantity nor "quality".

Morrowind's interior design is nice. It's certainly not unique when most homes and dungeons look the same. The content diversity is average, as you said, and that's all that matters: quality > quantity. The world, actors, and enemy reactivity is pisspoor, I hope you didn't fall for the "he is House Redoran so he gets a disposition bonus/penalty from me" meme which can easily be negated with a few bribes or Admirations. You can kill the fucking DUKE OF VVARDENFELL and after paying a pathetic fine you can go on your merry way.

The people who describe Morrowind's reactivity and variety as unparalleled have no idea what reactivity even means.

To answer only some of your fallacies:

- New Vegas world is actually much bigger than Morrowind's, but emptier also, with 3, 4 or even 10 times in some cases less content than Morrowind: Less settlements, interiors, friendly o enemy npcs, creature types/placements, regional diversity, factions, architecture variation, unique items, weapons, armors and other inventory items diversity to buy or find in loot, etc, and of course less mechanics and tools also to interact with that world. Despite the difference in content density by wich Morrowind includes many more "irrelevant" locations, enemies and loot, MW gameworld includes much, much more diversity and uniqueness than New Vegas -and most games-, much more subtleness, attention to detail and internal consistence. More quality indeed.

Huh, I thought it was smaller than Morrowind's. Still

More quality indeed.

No, sorry. You have no idea what quality means if you think having hundreds upon hundreds NPCs that all give the same generic replies to topics, having enemies that are nearly indistinguishable from each other, having regional diversity that makes nearly no difference in gameplay (aside from picking herbs, and how annoying to navigate Molag Amur is), having piss poor weapon and armor progression (not to mention many of the equipment in Morrowind is so terrible only an idiot would use it), makes for more "quality". There are less mechanics to interact with that world, sure: there's no magic or enchantments, but that's par for the course in a post-apocalyptic game semi-grounded on reality.

Again, your only argument is "there's more stuff in Morrowind than New Vegas", which is something I've already acknowledged, so... good job?

The difference in content density or the abundance of irrelevant or secondary locations in MW is explained in first place by an obvious factor that you ignored: Morrowind and New Vegas are built at very different scales in very different contexts.

I don't need to acknowledge this. I've already stated that Morrowind's attempt to be realistic is the biggest issue with the game. You are given hunderds of locations that have no meaning other than to add some logic to the game world. But just because it makes sense doesn't mean Bethesda had the right idea in the first place by making a huge world filled with uninteresting locations.

There are dozens of "irrelevant" eggmines or minor tombs with dozens of the same re-used details or hundreds of barrels and boxes with the same scrap loot, but that's a poor representation of Morrowind content. There are dozens of interiors typologies, hundreds of weapons, scrolls, armor parts or books, thousands of different enemies -counting unique ones-, or to cite to examples of stuff that make even "irrelevant places" truly unique, there are over 500 lightsources, 28 variants of Hlaalu style houses, over 100 dunmer banners, etc. There are interior assets re-used many times and this is even more noticeable for some exterior statics -that "sea menhir" the most common object in the game...- but there are also hundreds of models used only a couple of times or even only one, including the most common places as for example some rare cave walls, tomb parts or even several unique exterior rocks.

Read what I said above. Morrowind may have many assets. The issue with Morrowind is that it barely makes interesting uses of them. What is the use of 500 lightsources when they are mostly used in the same places in the same ways? You could now say to me

How do you expect a creative use of light sources, you idiot?

and thus have come to terms with the truth: having 500 lightsources means shit to a game's quality. Fallout didn't have 500 different lightsources and it isn't a much worse game because of it.

Not every location in Morrowind is linked with quests, but that's great. Subordinate every location to "narrative" or "questing" is a shitty design that reduce player agency, kills exploration and make gameworlds a railroaded experience in which all is built around the pre-fixed narrative designed by developers. Freedom and options > "Narrative".

Morrowind "loot" is not simply the scrap that you obsessively collect from shitty barrels, there are thousands of handplaced items both inside and outside containers + far more diversity in "generic" items than any other game + more unique items than most games. How many games, open world or not has Morrowind inventory/item diversity?

Both addressed above. Morrowind is quantity over quality. The amount of insignificant locations and loot dwarf the amount of significant locations and loot.

Morrowind dialogue is not limited to "wikipedia" lines. There are hundreds of natural, decently written or even good lines, but usual retards continue to link Morrowind dialogue with the 5-6 generic topics instead the good parts

Addressed above. Do yourself a favor and install UI Expansion just to know how wrong you are. It's a neat mod that lets you see, in color, how generic most dialogue in Morrowind is.

Morrowind isn't designed to complete more than 60-80 faction quests -that's 2-3 factions max- with the same character build. There are mechanical limitations in rank promotion/quest giving that make impossible to complete more than those few factions without obsessively abusing the mechanics, extreme grinding and other mmoish decadent vices as you need to level up the most irrelevant skills for your character to access to many quests. There are world consistence and "roleplay" reasons also, which not everyone here care about, but only the mechanic ones are enough to discourage a sane player to "complete more than 150 quests" with the same character.

It's interesting how I was able to complete so many quests when I'm running mods that
  1. Slow down my leveling speed by two.
  2. Remove growth of miscellaneous skills.
  3. Increase faction requirements.
If you know how Morrowind works, you will also know that 1) It is absurdly easy to make money, and 2) It is absurdly easy to abuse trainers to increase skills. Even without those features at my disposal (as I also use mods that nearly remove Daedric equipment from the game, the most renewable source of overpriced equipment, and also vastly nerf selling prices) I was able to join many factions and advance in their ranks...

Maybe you confused Morrowind with The Age of Decadence? I've heard that game is truly brutal and you can't play a jack of all trades like you can in Morowind.

The "truly unique" dungeons -unique in your secondary, figurative sense of memorable- are many, many more than 5-6.

I'm sure there are, after all I've explored roughly 60% of the mainland so far.

There are more than 50 dungeons in Morrowind with really unusual layouts or unique items, enemies or npcs.

That I'm sure there aren't.

However even in the most generic examples, as many tombs and caves, the items or enemies diversity is much bigger than most games.

The way you worded this literally applies to Skyrim. As in, literally.

Usual retards complaint about how they found the same corridors, ash pits and urn types in all 45 tombs they visited, but curiously forget about the different 25 different generic monsters, 100 unique enemies, 300 different generic items and 50 unique ones in those tombs. They forget also about the misterious corpse, the deep pit layout, the underwater hall, the three levels with holes, the "rest of an old battle", the failed expedition, the totally different walls or objects, the cross references to other places, etc that individualize many of those tombs.

I think you are simply delusional. I'm not gonna marvel at visiting a new bandit cave just because the layout is slightly different (but ultimately pointless), just because the generic leveled chests are positioned differently, just because the bandits are wearing a variation of the same generic chitin/netch leather/iron/bonemoold/steel equipment, just because the slave pen is located in the right path instead of the left path. I'm not gonna marvel at visiting a new ancestral tomb just because the altars and urns are placed next to the walls instead of rows, just because instead of 5 generic Skeletons I'm facing 5 generic leveled Daedra... and I could go on.

If you stretch the definition of the word unique to "every single dungeon is different than the other", then sure, all of Morrowind's dungeons are unique. If you use the word "unique" like a reasonable person does (and I'm sure like you do in every day life), then most of Morrowind's dungeons are definitey not unique. After all, every bottle of Coca-Cola is unique. The point is that remembering Morrowind's dungeons is a futile exercise when most give the same experience to the player. (Addamasartus can be easily remembered just because everyone will visit it multiple times over the years)

Butthurt prejudices are blinding you.

Thank you for proving you don't know what you are talking about. Quantity =/= complexity =/= quality. Morrowind has quantity, in spades. Quality? Very little from a gameplay point of view, and as you said earlier yourself: Morrowind has unique lore, it's pretty to look at, and it has lots of shit in it. That's it. That is Morrowind.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Open Path

I can't believe you made me do this, but here.

Alas Ancestral Tomb: tied to Mehrunes Dagon's quest. Even then (as I've explored it), its distinguishing feature is that there's a corpse with a dagger on it.
Andalen Ancestral Tomb: there's a skill book.
Andalor Ancestral Tomb: nothing.
Andas Ancestral Tomb: there's a Redoran Watchman's Helm and a skill book.
Andavel Ancestral Tomb: nothing.
Andrano Ancestral Tomb: tied to the main quest. Even then (as I've explored it), its distinguishing feature is that there's a skill book.
Andrethi Ancestral Tomb: there are vampires here.
Andules Ancestral Tomb: there's a Telvanni Molecrab Helm and a skill book.
Aralen Ancestral Tomb: there are vampires here, and a skill book.
Aran Ancestral Tomb: there's a Dragonscale Tower Shield.
Arano Ancestral Tomb: there's a Telvanni Cephalopod Helm and a skill book.
Arenim Ancestral Tomb: tied to a quest, and there's a skill book.
Arethan Ancestral Tomb: nothing.
Aryon Ancestral Tomb: there's a skill book.
Arys Ancestral Tomb: nothing.

That's all fifteen Ancestral Tombs which begin with A. The "handplaced" loot you were talking about: just skill books, a handful of helmets, and a shield. Structurally (because UESP shows you the layouts of the tombs) there's nothing of note to talk about in these tombs. Just rooms and corridors arranged differently, but because this is Morrowind and not an isometric tactical RPG, it makes no difference whatsoever. Is this your idea of rewarding exploration? Skill books, in a game where leveling up is piss easy as I've mentioned above?

Earlier I said Morrowind's equipment progression was awful, and its hundred of equipment pieces (or more) meant little to me. You know what meant a lot to me? Getting better armor in Gothic. A game with probably less than a fourth the equipment variety of Morrowind, but where every upgrade masde a massive difference. Quality over quantity.

Last edited:
The OP's argument seems to be self-defeating: are there open world games that are more interesting than the empty feeling Morrowind but you cannot answer with anything smaller than Morrowind...

Generally speaking, the truly huge open world games tend to have issues with quality of content, because obviously content costs money to create (until Dwarf Fortress is completed, anyway), so it's impossible to create a world the size of Daggerfall with the quality of content of a Gothic or a Deus Ex. But open world games aren't about the size, it's about the freedom and immersion of being able to go anywhere, and not be constrained by zones, loading screens, etc. So Gothic, Gothic 2, Risen 1, New Vegas are excellent open world games, even if they aren't as huge as Daggerfall, Morrowind, etc.

From among the really big ones, I think Breath of the Wild is by far the best all around, but it requires an exploration focused mindset to enjoy, as it's largely open space. Witcher 3 has great writing and quests for such a large game, but the exploration/world-building parts suffer.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The OP's argument seems to be self-defeating: are there open world games that are more interesting than the empty feeling Morrowind but you cannot answer with anything smaller than Morrowind...

I didn't think of it as self-defeating. Mostly because the question asks if there is an open world RPG of its similar size that doesn't feel empty. If the question is self-defeating, it's only because there aren't that many RPGs the size of Morrowind. Of course if you answer "Gothic" I will disregard your answer, because it's a much smaller game. I do personally believe you can't have a game the size of Morrowind that is actually great on all accounts. Not because it is impossible, but because no one is willing to put that much effort into a game (considering Skyrim suffers from similar issues and it's one of the best selling RPGs of all time).

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hey guise I played through this game 7 times and it's repetitive, are there any GOOD games out there?
I'd rather have a choice between 4 mediocre areas/dungeons/quests/etc. than be forced into 1 good one sometimes. It's a tradeoff. If you don't value that freedom aspect at all, you're playing the wrong genre.

You say as if you were not gonna do all 4 mediocre dungeons/quests and all that choice was just to chose the order of doing them, which in reality would be about guessing which dungeon is the easiest one and going there first. Be more honest with yourself.

Quality rules.
Uh, I don't. If I see a cave or whatever while travelling I'll pop in quickly (or not if I'm interested in something else atm) and if I see it's an egg mine or seems otherwise generic I'll skip it. I don't compulsively clear everything I come across. I do the ones that seem like they might be special, because the entrance is in some weird location or it's name seems important or it has some odd feature by the entrance, etc. Morrowind has way more dungeons than I'll ever want to clear. There's no need to worry about missing one. Do you also pick up every penny you ever see on the ground?

I would know, I have over 300 hours (my estimate is at least double than that) into the game
Guise I played Fallout seven(ty) times and it's gotten repetitive. Are there any QUALITY games out there?

What I often do after clearing a given eggmine/cave/ancestral tomb/daedric ruin is to look up its article on UESP.
Ugh, this actually disgusts me. Why don't you just look up a guide of the cool spots and do those instead? You clearly give no fucks about exploring. Here:

Enjoy your guided tour. It's clearly what you want and expect.

Procedural content is worse than just copy pasted content. A human doing boring copy pasting job may get a genuinely good idea during a work and use it to make a copy paste content a little more enjoyable. Artificial intelligence can't do that.
Procedural content can shit out some really cool shit once in a while though. And the advantage is there's an infinite supply of it, so, again, you can just skip by the crappy parts and enjoy the stuff you like. Of course, there's a big difference in quality of proc gen engines and the systems that go with it to make it easy to explore. But the premise itself is good. Nethack would be a pretty shit game if all the floors were the same every run. Are the hand crafted special levels some of the best in the game? Sure. But being surprised by a randomly generated shop selling an artifact or a figurine of a baby dragon for you to raise as a pet wouldn't be special if it weren't rare.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Hey guise I played through this game 7 times and it's repetitive, are there any GOOD games out there?

Why move the goalposts? I would be facing the same issue if I had only played Morrowind once, because its problem is not repetition through replays, but repetition through repeated content.
And I'm not asking for a good game... there are plenty of those out there. Just asking if a game attempted something on the scale of Morrowind, but actually succeeded.

Uh, I don't. If I see a cave or whatever while travelling I'll pop in quickly (or not if I'm interested in something else atm) and if I see it's an egg mine or seems otherwise generic I'll skip it. I don't compulsively clear everything I come across. I do the ones that seem like they might be special, because the entrance is in some weird location or it's name seems important or it has some odd feature by the entrance, etc.

You clearly don't know how Morrowind works, then: most of its caves, eggmines, ancestral tombs and daedric shrines all look the same from the outside. This is not me dissing on the game, this is me calling your bullshit. To prove my point, one of the most unique dungeons I found had the same generic entrance as any other eggmine. I admire your clairvoyant powers, however.

Guise I played Fallout seven(ty) times and it's gotten repetitive. Are there any QUALITY games out there?

Get some new material bro.

Ugh, this actually disgusts me. Why don't you just look up a guide of the cool spots and do those instead?

Are you stupid? I read the articles after exploring the locations, just to confirm I've indeed seen everything I needed to see about said locations. After all, people talk so much about "oh wooow, I've been to this place 5 times and JUST NOW I noticed the fucking giant altar in the Mages Guild". Yeah, I apologize for expecting Morrowind's dungeons to live to their fame.

So now we've established:
  • Everyone agrees with me.
  • Those who don't agree can't even explain why I'm wrong without resorting to strawmen.

Damned Registrations

Dude, you literally modded the game so it would give you more generic quests and dungeons than anyone would ever do on a single playthrough. This is the equivalent of me modding Fallout so I have done hundreds of random encounters while travelling and bitching that they're all boring.

Uh, I don't. If I see a cave or whatever while travelling I'll pop in quickly (or not if I'm interested in something else atm) and if I see it's an egg mine or seems otherwise generic I'll skip it. I don't compulsively clear everything I come across. I do the ones that seem like they might be special, because the entrance is in some weird location or it's name seems important or it has some odd feature by the entrance, etc. Morrowind has way more dungeons than I'll ever want to clear. There's no need to worry about missing one. Do you also pick up every penny you ever see on the ground?

I salute your lack of OCD friend :salute:

Procedural content can shit out some really cool shit once in a while though.

For that you would need a human hand discarding what computer had generated and putting in the game only better stuff. And this better stuff would be incoherent, you would have a lot of pieces that doesn't fit anywhere. You would do better having smaller worlds made by hand.

Damned Registrations

You clearly don't know how Morrowind works, then: most of its caves, eggmines, ancestral tombs and daedric shrines all look the same from the outside. This is not me dissing on the game, this is me calling your bullshit. To prove my point, one of the most unique dungeons I found had the same generic entrance as any other eggmine. I admire your clairvoyant powers, however.
It doesn't take clairvoyant powers to explore a cave when the first enemy you see is a daedra instead of a kwama, you moron.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Dude, you literally modded the game so it would give you more generic quests and dungeons than anyone would ever do on a single playthrough.

What...? I've installed no such mods. Did you even read what I posted? All I've tweaked were leveling speed and faction progression speed. If anything without those mods I would have experienced much more shitty content.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It doesn't take clairvoyant powers to explore a cave when the first enemy you see is a daedra instead of a kwama, you moron.

And it takes experience with the game to know that finding a Daedra instead of a kwama is no guarantee you are exploring a good dungeon instead of yet another generic dungeon with Daedras instead of Skeletons. Many Ancestral Tombs are filled with leveled Daedra, and again, all you find is yet another skill book.

Damned Registrations

Dude, you literally modded the game so it would give you more generic quests and dungeons than anyone would ever do on a single playthrough.

What...? I've installed no such mods. Did you even read what I posted? All I've tweaked were leveling speed and faction progression speed. If anything without those mods I would have experienced much more shitty content.
No, without those mods (and your insane autism) you'd have done like ~5-10 of these caves before becoming a guildmaster, instead of exploring dozens of them. You realize those quests are meant to be generic right? You're running some petty guild errand. They're in there so when you climb the ranks the second time you play through the game you don't have to do literally all of the exact same dungeons a second time. You're not supposed to do all 25 quests for a given guild in a single playthrough.

Falksi

Arcane
The secret to enjoying most open world games is to not play them as open world games. All the inclusion of an open world has done to modern games is mean it's best to wait at least a year after release, then Google "quests worth playing" or "best quests".

From those actually out there I think Morrowind offers enough wonder & depth (with a few mods) to be worth playing. I love it, but agree more substance would be nice.

I know it's wrong to think this, but I actually think Fallout 3 offers enough for a once through experience too.

Underrail's great if you're more combat & exploration driven than story.

And, I'd class them as sandbox games, but in terms of popamole games which work in a big open world, then Saints Row 4 & Assassins Creed: Origins are both bang on the money. The game-play's enough fun to make you forget about the Open World.

In truth the Open World craze is something of a disease, and personally I much prefer the more balanced hub type games such as Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age:Origins, Witcher 2, Mass Effect 1 etc.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
No, without those mods (and your insane autism) you'd have done like ~5-10 of these caves before becoming a guildmaster, instead of exploring dozens of them. You realize those quests are meant to be generic right? You're running some petty guild errand. They're in there so when you climb the ranks the second time you play through the game you don't have to do literally all of the exact same dungeons a second time. You're not supposed to do all 25 quests for a given guild in a single playthrough.

So you are telling me I'm not meant to experience the game's content? This is some next level cope, just one level below "just don't do the College of Winterhold as a barbarian bro" retards use to justify the removal of faction requirements.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
In truth the Open World craze is something of a disease, and personally I much prefer the more balanced hub type games such as Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age:Origins, Witcher 2, Mass Effect 1 etc.

I fully agree. The defintion of "hub type" may vary from person to person, but I always thought of Fallout as one such game: you move from point of interest to point of interest, e.g. from village to village, from cave to cave, instead of having to roam endless wastes for the ocassional raider camp and boring ruined building. This means each developer can focus on the locations that they absolutely wanted to include, over the locations they needed to include in order for the world to be realistic. Fallout didn't need to shower the map with 100 boring caves. It is obvious that such caves exist. Same with ruined buildings. Same with raider camps. Instead they focused on the important ones. And because of that they are much more memorable.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Not 600 hours of it you fucking lunatic.

I don't have 600 hours into this playthrough, however. I must have 100 at most. You would have a point if I was talking about how bored I am of doing quests I've done in previous playthroughs, but this is not the case (particularly because I've experienced quite a bit of new content). I'm talking about how repetitive the content offered is.

If you do not see this is a problem, I invite you to leave. It's clear that what I consider an issue isn't an issue to you, because your argument boils down to "just don't experience the content". But I want to experience the content, because if Bethesda added it, then they must have thought it was necessary. And if they thought it was necessary, I'm in my right to say they were wrong.

Damned Registrations

Games like Morrowind are like a buffet. It's got a bit of stuff everyone will like, a bunch of crap almost nobody will like, and a bunch of crap that some, but not most people will like.

You are eating the entire buffet and complaining not all of it is your favourite.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Damned Registrations I've just looked at the title of the video you posted.
No. I don't care about finding unique items. I care about getting an unique experience. My criticism regarding New Vegas' dungeons is that Obsidian thought you can turn the shittiest cave into a rewarding cave just by placing an unique item at the end of it. It isn't my idea of good dungeon design, it isn't my idea of giving the player a good experience, but if you think adding a random OP item at the end of a dungeon means it is worth going through it, then may as well make a dungeon made up of one room with the item right there on an urn... quite similar to how Samarys Ancestral Tomb (and Mentor's Ring) works, actually...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
As usual, your butthurt/attention whoring thread is extremely unfocused and abuses fake data to criticise Morrowind for the wrong reasons.

FYI this guy is all over Morrowind discord where he is riding dicks of modders, before coming here and lying about the game (copy pasted dungeons and Skyrim-like loot). I'm sure he is mentally ill.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Damned Registrations I've just looked at the title of the video you posted.
No. I don't care about finding unique items. I care about getting an unique experience.

Casting levitate and finding a Daedric helm on a fucking ledge 10 meters up in a grotto is a unique experience. Discovering a sunken shrine underwater by merely following non-journal rumors is a unique experience. Finding a dungeon entrance behind a waterfall in a tomb or meeting a projection of a god on a random overhang in a cave is a unique experience. Copy pasted? You are insane.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
FYI this guy is all over Morrowind discord where he is riding dicks of modders, before coming here and lying about the game (copy pasted dungeons and Skyrim-like loot). I'm sure he is mentally ill.

What would "riding dicks of modders" mean? You sound like you are mentally ill yourself.
And yeah, sorry: Morrowind's dungeons may not be copy pasted, but they may as well be. And the loot is very Skyrim-like. People just have bad memory and think every Morrowind dungeon seems to be the pinnacle of dungeon design and handplaced loot, when you are lucky if the best thing you get out of a dungeon is a handplaced skill book (the ability of Morrowind level designers).

Casting levitate and finding a unique Daedric helm on a fucking ledge 10 meters up in a grotto is a unique experience. Discovering a sunken shrine underwater by merely following non-journal rumors by a drunk is a unique experience. Finding a dungeon entrance behind a waterfall in a tomb or meeting a projection of a god hidden on an overhang in a cave. Copy pasted? You are insane.

Woah, four dungeons out of hundreds upon hundreds...
For your information:
  • 92 Ancestral Tombs.
  • 92 caves.
  • 36 daedric ruins.
  • 44 mines.
For a total of 264. Ironically the sunken shrine you are mentioning is the best location in all of Morrowind, IMO, which is like saying all of New Vegas' quests are great just by posting Beyond the Beef, which is easily the most complex quest in the game.

So yeah. Good job on that less than 2% of amazing dungeons. I'll help you out: there's also that cool burial southwest of the Urshilaku Burial Caverns with lots of silver daggers and the Eidolon's Ward hung in the wall.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
No its not 4 dungeons, you are just retarded.

Ironically the sunken shrine you are mentioning is the best location in all of Morrowind, IMO

It's literally a statue surrounded by sand (?). If you can call that "the best location in all of Morrowind" then there is something wrong with you. The truth is, throughout this whole thread you have no idea what you're talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom