Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Has there ever been any leaks of the early Morrowind builds or content? +Early Morrowind screenshots

None

Learned
Nice screenshots but they're so misleading - bunch of NPCs look as if they walk somewhere, creating an illusion of living and breathing environment, lmao.
:hearnoevil:
This was Todd's first main game as director, no surprise there.

Jack Of Owls

Prophet
I don't know about early alpha artwork/builds for Morrowind but I recently played a few minutes of a STALKER mod that used assets from the alpha. Man, was that thing butt ugly. Best not to try to go back, I think.

Jack Of Owls

Prophet
For some reason, static NPCs in RPGs that just stand there, night and day, 24/7, in fair weather and foul, really annoy me now, and I tend to shun games that do it. I like the idea of NPC schedules or at least giving the illusion that they're more than just droning push-button waxen figures by moving about. I remember attempting to play Circuits Edge (which by all accounts is actually quite decent) but stopped right there when I saw all the whores and the junkies and the pmips and the cyber-scum just standing there. It didn't bother me when I first got into RPGs but it does now. It's probably one reason why I couldn't get into Morrowind.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This was back when Morrowind was going to be an MMO right?
Yes. Here's another early screenshot, before they decided to go in a different direction:

623Tp3s.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom