Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You probably adjust your minion base with Varian in CW, for example playing Rag or Ysera alongside him instead of Alex.
Don't say that... means I wasted dust crafting Alex!

Battlecry on Rhonin would make it OP. They intentionally designed it to be slower than Antonidas so you can't immediately pack your deck with three free fireball triggers. If they made it a 6 mana 5/5 or 5 mana 4/4 with the same effect it would arguably be a lot stronger.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Don't say that... means I wasted dust crafting Alex!

Battlecry on Rhonin would make it OP. They intentionally designed it to be slower than Antonidas so you can't immediately pack your deck with three free fireball triggers. If they made it a 6 mana 5/5 or 5 mana 4/4 with the same effect it would arguably be a lot stronger.

You can already have a ton of Antonidas triggers by using spare parts, and some cheap spells you might have left over. And I know you meant what you said about crafting Alex in jest, but you can always use her in the original control warrior deck that uses her, or Freeze Mage.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A ton? Not really. Where are you getting spare parts? Two of those 2/1's whose name escapes me right now. No one really plays Mechanical Yeti. You did this in some earlier discussion: grossly exaggerating the number of spare parts a tempo mage has access to. Never mind arcane missile is arguably better than the average spare part.

The design for Rhonin is intentional. Giving someone three 1 mana spells not subject to RNG (in determining what they are) immediately on play would be OP.

Jozoz

Prophet
Ram is a lot worse because there aren't really any good 4 mana beasts and either playing animal companion on 4 or hoping it survives is not that great.

Maybe if you houndmaster something on 4 it might live.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Valarian = Cool stuff. Don't know if it makes it into the warrior deck (i'm presuming he doesn't trigger battlecries) but drawing three cards regardless is nice. Definitely a super viable Big Guy Finisher.

Rhonin a shit, don't be fooled.

Ram probably a shit, don't be fooled (If it summons Scar it's pretty fucking ridiculous; but if it summons timber wolf it blows, I'll need to see what stats it summons on average)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I need you to get behind Rhonin, MEN. Well, okay, not really... as I said the deathrattle part makes it a bit too slow/slightly weak but I still stand behind making it a battlecry would be too OP.

Andhaira

Arcane
A ton? Not really. Where are you getting spare parts? Two of those 2/1's whose name escapes me right now. No one really plays Mechanical Yeti. You did this in some earlier discussion: grossly exaggerating the number of spare parts a tempo mage has access to. Never mind arcane missile is arguably better than the average spare part.

The design for Rhonin is intentional. Giving someone three 1 mana spells not subject to RNG (in determining what they are) immediately on play would be OP.

Yeah Clockwork Knight and Mechanical Yeti's can give you 4 spare parts. Mech Mage run at least 1 M. Yeti for activating Blastmage, and it works very well. Then a mage can have his own low cost spells, which he will have anyway. Unstable Portal, Frost Bolt, Nova, Secrets etc. At least 1-2 will survive until Antonidas is played. That's around 3-6 triggers to activate antonidas, not to mention what can happen if he survives a turn, or Thaurissan was played earlier.

Rhonin is not terribad, or Flame Leviathan bad, but making his ability a Battlecry is desperately needed. Right now Boom blows it out of the water, and it is 1 mana less and a neutral.

IMO Rhonin should also have received spell damage +2; they could have pushed the mana cost up to 9 if they wanted then.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
You probably adjust your minion base with Varian in CW, for example playing Rag or Ysera alongside him instead of Alex.

I don't think you can play both him and Ysera and still win against aggro, and you really don't want to cut Alex/Grom, as those are basically your win condition vs other control decks. As I said, I think it's either Varian, Ysera, or neither.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Ram probably a shit, don't be fooled (If it summons Scar it's pretty fucking ridiculous; but if it summons timber wolf it blows, I'll need to see what stats it summons on average)

Average mana cost: 3.69
Average stats: 3.37/3.66
(copied from some dude @Hearthpwn who looked it up)

There are a lot of Deathrattles and special abilities included in this, as well as a notable amount of "autowin" outcomes like Krush, Ghazrilla, Highmane, Core Hound, Stranglethorn Tiger etc.

I don't think you can play both him and Ysera and still win against aggro, and you really don't want to cut Alex/Grom, as those are basically your win condition vs other control decks. As I said, I think it's either Varian, Ysera, or neither.

We'll see. Alex is not mandatory, you can run the deck without it. A guy on my friendlist plays a list with Ysera and Nefarian as finishers at the moment (no Alex) and he is consistently Top100 Legend and plays CW a lot. He feels that Alex is often awkward and mostly used for heal. Of course you don't cut Grom, he is auto include. I don't get the logic of not cutting Alex because she is a win condition vs. Control when Varian is a stronger win condition against these decks (+3 cards and board presence).
Maybe Varian + Ysera is too greedy but you could replace Alex with something that is more valuable when played with Varian, like Ragnaros for example.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Stop posing on Hearthstone forums, you give Codex a bad name. Also, does this fucker wear nothing but flannel shirts? Also, also, why is this dude's web camera in his bedroom? Jeez, use your office at least.

Andhaira

Arcane
Metro How much gold have you saved for TGT, and what will be the first card (legendary or otherwise) you craft using your dust, if you don't open it in a pack?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Andhaira my love I have around 3500 gold (along with 5000 or so dust). I'll most likely wait it out another month of buying packs to see if I get lucky (I managed to get Dr. Boom in GvG) but the legendaries I plan to craft in this order are:

1) Varian Wrynn (I play a lot of CW)
2) Justicar Trueheart
2) Will probably go back and consider missing Classic legendaries like Antonidas, Al'akir or Tirion.
3) Justicar Trueheart
3) Will consider missing GvG legendaries like Neptulon (depending on how improved Shaman is after TGT).
4) Justicar Trueheart
5) Maybe Valkyre Twins. They're solid cards but probably something I'd rather pull from a pack than craft.

Rhonin is a card I think is good but requires Antonidas so that would be a package deal. We've yet to see Priest, Shaman, and Hunter legendaries but I doubt they'll be anything awe-inspiring. I've never crafted an epic or rare card as you're likely to eventually pull them and looking at the currently released TGT epics I don't see any that are even remotely useful unless some unforeseen inspire decks suddenly become viable. Lock and Load is the only epic that I think has potential. There's maybe three rares that I think will be 'must haves' and in 30-40 packs I'm sure I'll get at least one copy.

In short, getting TGT packs is an exercise in mass dust buying and hoping you get lucky with the three or four good legendaries. If I pull one of the ones I mentioned above I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't like the paladin legendary. For the cost, it is a pretty meager body, and "FOLLOW TEH LAW" isn't as good as it used to be, even in aoe. Too many decks run damage buffs or have enough direct damage spells that even 1 attack creatures are still doing enough damage to push you to the brink. Not to mention control paladin already had an embarassment of good options for high cost mana creatures, Eadric is just really unexceptional.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Icehowl, albeit mediocre, could still possibly fit into CW. In a deck with more than a few things to BGH it doubles as both a removal (it will kill almost anything except Ysera and Malygos) and a fairly annoying body that can't threaten lethal but still be problematic for anything else your opponent plays. Still... at 9 mana you're better off with something like Ysera.

Andhaira

Arcane
I just got cucked p. badly yesterday by a Control Warrior and I can confirm Ysera still works very well in it, possibly even better than Alexestraza. The card draw from Ysera in late game is unbeatable if you don't have an immediate counter to Ysera in hand. Varian Wrynn is obviously an incredible card, and auto include in most warrior deck types. Also synergizes well with Gromash.

Eadric is an above avergae legend, but the problem is it is too slow, and it doesn't slow down current aggro much. Even if enemy tokens are reduced to 1 attack, they can still keep slamming face, which Eadric can only take them out one at a time. Eadric would be much, much better if he had Taunt, or an Equality effect in conjunction with the Humility effect, or if he cost less.

Andhaira

Arcane
Official Hearthstone Livestream about to start in around half an hour.

What we expect: Reveal of remaining legendaries, some epics, some crucial class rares, and release date announcement of TGT.

What we will get: Brode laughing, Brode making a fool of himself in front of a global audience, 2-3 lackluster reveals, 1 good reveal, no release date announcement, announcement of next major pre-release event!

:hypeisreal:

Andhaira

Arcane
Started for a few seconds then disconnected.

It's just like playing the game! lel

edit: Zeriyah better show her tits

edit 2: "All cards will be revealed by end of the day today, but not all on livestream." Brode the Frode

Andhaira

Arcane
display

Overload & Lava Shock meta is real

UglyBastard

Arcane
Shaman legendary is pretty nuts.

Slow, but if you play it without being in serious trouble it's insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom