Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

I can't believe you guys actually play Brawl. They'd have to give me at least 10 free packs for me to even consider giving up 10 min of my life to that asinine RNG shite.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can't believe you guys actually play Brawl. They'd have to give me at least 10 free packs for me to even consider giving up 10 min of my life to that asinine RNG shite.
Rarely takes me more than two games to get a win. Free pack, baby!

FeelTheRads

Arcane

I feel like I waste a lot more time trying to wade through the same 3 decks in ranked. Brawls are occasionally fun. Ranked barely at all.

hivemind

also the game shouldn't be balanced about the average ranked player because nobody gives a fuck what a bunch of autistic retards think

game should be balanced around arena and so that tourney games are fun to watch

Andhaira

Arcane
I don't understand why people, including legend rankers like Sottle keep saying Patron is a deck that requires a lot of skill. It doesn't; the original combination required skill and foresight, but once that was out there anyone could play the deck if they had the cards and patience. The real challenge of the deck is staying alive until you have all the cards in hand and can pull off the combo, and that is usually not hard to do at all.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The game needs innovation. I'm sitting on 7,500 or so dust but don't feel compelled to craft missing legendaries/epics. I do quests every other day and buy some packs but realize the chances of me getting a card I need versus another 50 dust is remote. Save for the next adventure? Meh. They'll announce it at least a month in advance so anyone could have around 1,500 gold when it launches then another 1,500 over the course of the time it's released.

The content they produce gets increasingly mediocre. Naxx was solid. GvG produced a few okay cards and decks. BRM was fairly crap. Poor production values and poor return for your money/gold as far as useful cards. TGT is mostly a flop. Jousting and Inspire yielded no more than two or three regularly used cards. Only about four new legendaries are efficient/viable. Next adventure will be derp.

Explorerbc

Arcane

Agreed. I had 8.5k dust before crafting the two pirate legendaries for rogue. I am usually very stingy about my dust, but I decided that was the only innovative thing I could play. The main reason I play constructed each season is to reach rank 5 and get the reward.

I remember being pretty excited about naxxramas, and GvG introduced a lot of new powerful cards. BRM wasn't great at the time though I really like dragon priest now. And yeah, TGT is a failure. Maybe we have reached a point where killing the existing archetypes is too difficult without introducing some form of major powercreep, dunno. But right now most decks are almost the same as before, and the meta still favors aggro. Another adventure probably won't do much to change that either. We have to hope for another full expansion with a new powerful race or something.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yet another TGT recap of cards that see regular constructed play:

- Nine commons
- Four rares
- Two epics
- One to three legendaries (fluctuates)

If you exclude Secret Paladin you drop an epic and a rare (MC and Competitive Spirit secret). If you exclude Dragon Priest you drop another epic and rare (Twilight Guardian and Wyrmrest Agent). A little over a dozen regularly used cards in an expansion of a hundred and thirty.

It's clear they need to do something about aggro on a wider scale. And get an in-house testing team that's worth a damn. The cards they're designing are mostly worthless outside of Arena/filler. I've never played another TCG so I'm curious what percentage of new expansion/set cards are viable in those games. Can't imagine it's as bad as Hearthstone.

Hearthstone is addictive. Arena is the greatest drug. Brawls are cute, ranked stinks but it is the one that hooks you for it plays with your vanity: "I have the perfect deck" while everybody knows that Hearthstone is only about grinding and RNG.
Andhaira has got it right: he plays fun decks.

If you really dig arena: TGT is a thousand times better than BRM. BRM was absolutely an abomination except for the Emperor and the Flamewaker. Ok, Blizzard realized that they failed hard with BRM and permitted the Dragon priest with TNT.
(I quite like the "inspire" cards from TNT, they're over your head RNG but they're fun to play).

In fact the RNG is perhaps the best factor in enjoying Hearthstone.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Kind of. The deck is an anti-Paladin check, sure. The mechanic of charging Patrons/Frothings is stupid because the game lacks any real counterplay to it (no interrupts like in a lot of physical card games)

Thing is, the deck wasn't really a huge problem for ladder, except at the higher ranks. It was a plague on the competitive scene, and Warsong Commander actually does restrict design space in general.

I don't understand why people, including legend rankers like Sottle keep saying Patron is a deck that requires a lot of skill. It doesn't; the original combination required skill and foresight, but once that was out there anyone could play the deck if they had the cards and patience. The real challenge of the deck is staying alive until you have all the cards in hand and can pull off the combo, and that is usually not hard to do at all.

You've never played the deck properly, nor have you played against it being piloted properly. You have zero context about this.

It was absolutely the hardest deck in the game aside from old Miracle Rogue. You have no idea what you're talking about. (or you're trolling, in which case, carry on having fun my droog)

so that tourney games are fun to watch

Well that's why they got rid of the deck.

Admittedly, this has weakened warrior even further in arena, but TGT arena is a shitshow that can't be fixed until the next expansion anyways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom