Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Newfag-er

Liturgist
Morality strike sounds like an awesome card.
oops +M
Mortal strike is what I meant, still, morality strike would make an awesome card

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Cool, a second dark iron dwarf! And I got enough duplicates to dust to craft another common. Wondering if I want a second loot hoarder, second spellbreaker, or my first cult master …

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
two spellbreakers sound necessary.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
two spellbreakers sound necessary.

Yeah, kinda thinking about it. Decent minion for the price and the silence makes it pretty cool.
sorry, that was actually supposed to be 'unnecessary'. (wasn't being a sarcastic asshole, it was actually a typo :P)

silence is overrated and 4/3 is terrible value (can be removed by most dmg spells and many 2 mana minions). it's good to have like 1 silence in your deck though.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Eh, that depends, silences can be used on your own stuff too sometimes, and I pretty much never go a match without wishing I had a silence in hand. I usually end up with only 1 or 0 because they aren't that common and always seem to be up against some other nice card, instead of shitty stuff like murlocs or whatever.

And 4/3 is great value vs priests. And fuck priests.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Fuck priests indeed! Also I value silence a bit higher against mages who like to freeze my minions.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Sure but they take time. Crafting that spellbreaker really helped me and I have yet to find any in a pack. So I just check if I could craft one that would help me a lot currently.

Edit: ah hell, I'll keep my dust to craft an Equality. Right now it would help my paladin more than most commons I guess.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
A good way to get a little extra dust is to disenchant any cards that blizzard tweaks. They always up the dust value of them to the buy cost for a couple of weeks. (To prevent customer service complaints from people who recently crafted a nerfed card.)

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
This might be useful for poor people like me

Fv7bMWv.jpg

DakaSha

Arcane
This might be useful for poor people like me

Fv7bMWv.jpg

Yeti in every deck except hunter. That card is underrated despite people thinking its great.

edit: heh a lot of cards in almost every deck. Still, yeti is king

Zeriel

Arcane
Its pretty hard to judge because you can't really tell whether he choose certain cards because they're amazing, or because he just lacked better picks. Basic cards are fairly limited, after all.

abija

Prophet
Yeti in every deck except hunter. That card is underrated despite people thinking its great.

edit: heh a lot of cards in almost every deck. Still, yeti is king
How is a card underrated if people think it's great?
Also clerics are in every deck (guess it's a given though even in high ranked decks so people don't even notice them).

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Coin + Yeti turn 3 is always cool.

There are a lot of simple upgrades you can make to those decks with a few common cards unlocked, but they should give you a basic idea how to build a deck with very limited cards. I've had a lot of success with Priest just with basic cards (then again, he has the most powerful basic cards) and I think Druid is the one with the most sucky basic cards (or maybe I don't like his playstyle)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Gragt, I don't think you should craft commons at all. They will all come in time.

This. I learned it the hard way.

So far the only common I crafted is a Spellbreaker because it wouldn't come and it's saved my hide a few time. Other than that I made an Azure Drake and it has served me well in many decks. I know about not crafting commons but, damn …

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So far the only common I crafted is a Spellbreaker because it wouldn't come and it's saved my hide a few time. Other than that I made an Azure Drake and it has served me well in many decks. I know about not crafting commons but, damn …

I just meant that I crafted a ton of commons like an idiot and paid for it ;)

I'm probably crafting Thalmos next.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I didn't have enough dust to craft a lot of shit so … By the time I wanted to craft it, I got it. Right now I'm thinking of getting class specific cards or some stuff for all, though I think Legendaries are a bit too far from me right now.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Won 6 games, lost only 1. I love my paladin so far.

Edit: Ironbark Protector? How do you like that Aldor Peacekeeper in your face?

Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I've been watching more of Trump plays and those decks are so very Trump. Swamp Ooze for that weaponkill, carddraw being worth 1.5 mana, great stat value guys like Yeti and Ogre, and the buff guys who also tend to be great stat value (well, the SSC)

I think he said he considers the Dark Iron Dwarf the best neutral in the game (Fire Elemental the best-class based common), and he consistently takes the novice engineer/gnomish inventor, yeti, ooze, and multi-summoning guys. Ever since I've kind of grasped and follow much of his draft logic I'm doing better in arena, though still not well, but consistent 5-6 win runs.

Defender of Argus is fast approaching my favourite Arena card.
Any of those big stats guys for little are great. Dark Iron Dwarf is probably better but they're both great.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Are warriors trendy again? I met 3 today!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom