Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
And you have Bro Forum access so you can see my post there isn't any more gushing praise.

*cough* I'm pretty sure that doesn't exists. ;)

Yeah, just you keep on keeping me out....:P

And the Music and special sound effects that you can only hear on a higher end Roland MT-32 is awesome. :smug:

Why you son of a....

:rage:

I only had a Soundblaster....sniff.

Visbhume

Prophet
I absolutely *loved* this intro back in the day. That's how you set up an adventure!

Also: generic as fuck lol.

Stabwound

Arcane
I guess no one at PAX cares enough to check out the game and post something about it online yet?

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal Is that PC Direct ?

No it was from the magazine TILT , the very first game magazine in france. I found all the old issues scanned there as old as 1982 : http://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche_mag.php?mag=28&page=1

For nostalgy sake heres MM4 review with its "mediocre" 17/20:

wYGMpRl.jpg

MVRy5Ol.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
And the Music and special sound effects that you can only hear on a higher end Roland MT-32 is awesome. :smug:

You must have been filthy rich then to get one ! A soundblaster was already an unnafordable dream by then :)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

You must have been filthy rich then to get one ! A soundblaster was already an unnafordable dream by then :)

It's called E-Bay and Craigslist dude. I got my MT-32 for 20$ and my Roland CM-500 (A higher end MT-32 and Sound Canvas) for 400$.

Mortmal

Arcane

It's called E-Bay and Craigslist dude. I got my MT-32 for 20$ and my Roland CM-500 (A higher end MT-32 and Sound Canvas) for 400$.

Yes but did you own one at the release date of MM3 in 1991 ? I am reading some ads in those old magazines, a sound blaster pro was around 450 euros almost the price of an amiga 500. Not finding MT-32 on any list yet, it probably was way more expensive.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yes but did you own one at the release date of MM3 in 1991 ? I am reading some ads in those old magazines, a sound blaster pro was around 450 euros almost the price of an amiga 500. Not finding MT-32 on any list yet, it probably was way more expensive.

A friend of mine had a Sound Canvas when Ultima VIII: Pagan came out, and I almost shit my pants when I heard that music in game. I sadly did not have a MT-32 at the time though. I always wanted one, but I was poor. :(

mondblut

Arcane
What's this with those magazines, didn't they have a bloody screencapping program? All screenshots look like photos of a display, with color burn and optical distortion on the edges.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Whoever noticed that the "level up!" notification in the video means there isn't going to be training... that is indeed a bad sign. A nice effect of the M&M training system is that you tend to keep going with a given level as long as you can until it stops working and you have to go back to town and train; this creates a natural reverse means of "level scaling" the game.
Remind me again, why aren't you working on a RPG project of some sort? You understand shit (not to mention know words), put it to some use except harvesting brofists ffs.

uaciaut

Augur
Yes it is Ubisoft. Yes they published that abomination HOMM6 (sorry: M&M:H6). They also published HOMM5, which stuck to many of the elements that made HOMM3 so good, actually managed to improve on some (the skill system), fucked up others (the campaigns - but those in TOTE were much better, and original HOMM3 campaigns were crap before expansions anyway), and was all in all a true HOMM. Do I think they can pull it off again and make a true M&M? I don't know. But until they reveal actual details (today!) I'm not going to BASHBASHBASH just for the sake of being skyway.

Also, in an older thread I said I'd buy a fucking CONSOLE if someone released a true M&M on it. How desperate do you think I am? Of course I'm going to want to believe.

Thought i was the only guy who considered H5 to be actually decent, if not good (though still not quite reaching the H3 level). Glad to see that i'm not :)

Edit: I'm sure people more often think of the later installments of M&M when they say outdated graphics (probably mostly 7&8) - which is actually true if you compare them to most other titles of the time. Then again i doubt the guy who wrote that article even knows there were other M&M games before 7 and 8.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mindx2 did you bros send you any info?
Not yet. I'm sure their soaking in the geek-tastic scenes all around them. I will hopefully hear from them tonight. If not I'll call them. I asked them to email me photos of what's at the Ubisoft booth as well as pick up any swag that they can get their hands on. If nothing else I'll write up whatever they report to me when they get back on Sunday and upload anything they bring back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom