Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Settlers 2 isn't an RTS, it's more of a Sim-type game that also incorporates combat. Very unique game. I used to play it a lot.

HobGoblin42 Are you Peter Ohlmann?

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Settlers 2 isn't an RTS, it's more of a Sim-type game that also incorporates combat. Very unique game. I used to play it a lot.

Hmm, I already did an interview with the RPGCodex, so of course I am. I thought that's obvious. So, for people like roguey, come and pick all the shitty games I've done so far: MobyGames

And then, back to topic.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had assumed you were some no-name indie dev all this time. :cool: Give this man a developer tag!

Alpha Protocol is better than anything you've ever worked on. Damning with faint praise.

Then you've never played "The Settlers 2", "Spellforce 2" or "Knights and Merchants"

(I know you prefer to ignore the reality, so just for you: metacritics are 72 for 'Alpha Protocol' and 80 for 'Spellforce 2')

Wow bro. Settlers 2 is an awesome game. I don't think it has been bested in the genre yet. Knights and Merchants is also good, but it has its flaws. Spellforce I haven't played. But I am looking forward to Chaos Chronicles a LOT. :love:

aris

Arcane
Either this is Ubisoft pulling of the most epic trolling of the codex evah, or it will be a fantastic game (no, there is no middleground here). Whatever the outcome, I really look forward to it! I get a feeling that 2013 might be one of the best years of gaming in a looong time!
:kfc:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Hmm, I already did an interview with the RPGCodex, so of course I am. I thought that's obvious. So, for people like roguey, come and pick all the shitty games I've done so far: MobyGames

And then, back to topic.
Germany's Next Topmodel: Das offizielle Spiel zur Staffel 2009 (2009), SevenOne Intermedia GmbH
Ion Assault (2009), Black Inc.
Tunnel Rats (2009), Boll AG
Velvet Assassin (2009), SouthPeak Interactive Ltd
Helldorado (2007), dtp entertainment AG
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (2007), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge (2006), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
The Settlers II: 10th Anniversary (2006), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars (2006), Deep Silver, JoWooD Productions Software AG
Codename: Panzers - Phase One (2004), CDV Software Entertainment AG
Cultures: Die Saga (2003), Funatics Software GmbH
Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion (2001), Blackstar Interactive GmbH
Cultures (2000), THQ Inc.
Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom (1998), TopWare Interactive
The Settlers II (Gold Edition) (1997), Blue Byte Software GmbH & Co. KG
The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici (1996), Blue Byte Studio GmbH
Albion (1995), Blue Byte Software GmbH
:eek:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
HobGoblin42 Knights and Merchants was a ton of fun. :bro:
I didn't get into Settlers until Settlers III, but I did play Settlers II retroactively and it wasn't too shabby ;) As for Spellforce, I don't know wtf that is.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey, HobGoblin42, did you personally work on JA:BiA? (just curious)

Sure, I did. And I also worked on "The Settlers 2", "Knights and Merchants", "Spellforce 2" and many other games. Some people should realize that developing games is a job like many others - you can't pick only the cherries by developing great masterpieces. Even god himself had to work on 'Alpha Protocol' in some dark hour. At the end the people with the money decide how good a game can get.

But unlike the crap you worked on, Alpha Protocol was itself great and I liked it THIS MUCH.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
HobGoblin42
2h5r342.png

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

Actually it IS an RTS as the publisher of the game says so on the box.

1213189263-00.jpg

Check....and Mate.

Either this is Ubisoft pulling of the most epic trolling of the codex evah, or it will be a fantastic game (no, there is no middleground here). Whatever the outcome, I really look forward to it! I get a feeling that 2013 might be one of the best years of gaming in a looong time!

Why? There's nothing coming out this year unless you mean AAA stuff. Certainly I doubt that there's going to me more than 1 or 2 KS projects done this year.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Has there been any coverage on this game? Any new info or videos?

aris

Arcane

Why? There's nothing coming out this year unless you mean AAA stuff. Certainly I doubt that there's going to me more than 1 or 2 KS projects done this year.
Shadowrun returns, wasteland 2. Furthermore, bioshock: infinite might just be a decent game, though my hopes are somewhat dwindling. There might also be more announcements that surprises us.

Luzur

Good Sir

And then, back to topic.

oh, Albion!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
No, it's Knights and Merchants which is the same thing almost. I posted it for effect since all the Settles/KOM games are the same boring micromanaging shit.

But here:

From Wikipedia:

The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici (original German title: Die Siedler II: Veni, Vidi, Vici) is a real-time strategy computer game,

Gamerate wrote:

The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici is a real-time strategy computer game.

News.Softpedia wrote:

Real Time Strategy with Settlers II

DosBox wiki wrote:
The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici is a real-time strategy computer game.

So yeah Zed and Maxon,.....Check and mate yet again. :smug:

I don't even know why you resorted to Skywayistic disinformation as only a retard would claim that Settlers or KAM are not RTS games.

Keep fighting those windmills Zed...:salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
It's an "RTS" where you can't directly control any units and the most common activity is giving out construction orders for roads and buildings directly on the map. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom