Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is that the M&M X overworld I see on the leftmost screen? Here's hoping it's gonna be open-world enough.

Also, it seems to have a combat log, which is good. (In b4 that turns out to be an online chat thingy. :P)

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Is that the M&M X overworld I see on the leftmost screen? Here's hoping it's gonna be open-world enough.

Also, it seems to have a combat log, which is good. (In b4 that turns out to be an online chat thingy. :P)

Looks to me like the leftmost screen is the HOMM VI expansion.

Xavier0889

Learned

Those 3 screens have a little black box on a corner. May be an expo-only thingy?

Stabwound

Arcane
Now that you mention it, that IS MMX on the leftmost screen. You can see the movement UI on the left. Good eye. It's pretty sad that the only thing we have to go by is a few trailer shots and a blurry camera phone pic.

krgJzUc.png

MetalCraze

Arcane
Might and Magic 10 devs said:
You have choices, too.

You can take the blue pill, or the red pill.
You can go work for the machine, work mandatory eighty hour weeks in a massive sweatshop publisher-owned studio with hundreds of other drones, laboring to build the new, compelling photorealistic driving game-- with the same basic gameplay as Pole Position.

Or you can defy the machine.

vertbanner_middle.png

Holy shit :lol:

From the creators of legendary cult classics Equilino: My Little Horse and Pferd & Pony, made in a studio of a drone-owning publisher comes the resurrection of Might and Magic

"Every time I press an (A)ttack button - something awesome happens"
10/10 RPG Codex Magazine

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes but thats from the creators of chaos chronicles, the(yet to be proven) ressurection of TOE :

cov_ff.jpg

cov_mh.jpg

cov_tm.jpg

Stabwound

Arcane
Another very detailed shot!

The devs are doing a special talk about the game for VIP members today, so maybe someone will actually do their job and report on it. :roll:

483700_10151498949289588_1491535942_n.jpg

Gozma

Arcane
Where in the hell is ANY info on this game UBISoft? Seriously. Get a new marketing department or something.
It's a low budget game. They don't care.

It's more like that this is what it's like when people that like old school TB/grid-step blobbers are the actual target audience you are budgeting for, instead of the usual where a Codexer is an ancillary target at best. I didn't want AAA production values aimed at me during the RPG dark ages, I wanted early-mid '90s budgets and 10-20 man teams.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yes but thats from the creators of chaos chronicles, the(yet to be proven) ressurection of TOE :

bunch of shovelware
Are you people really this fucking retarded to judge a developer by the shit they make to get paid at the end of the month? Also, You forgot to mention they developed JA BiA.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2

bunch of shovelware
Are you people really this fucking retarded to judge a developer by the shit they make to get paid at the end of the month? Also, You forgot to mention they developed JA BiA.
I think that is exactly what he wanted to point out to Skyway.

LundB

Mistakes were made.

bunch of shovelware

It's certainly less retarded to judge a dev based on things they've actually made (regardless of any assumptions about motivation) than to judge them based on nothing but pretty words. I prefer to see someone create at least one quality product before I'm ready to slobber all over their cock. Call me when they've released even one good game.

Also JA BiA was a flaming sack of shit and strengthens the argument against them even better than the shovelware. Because yea, of course shovelware is gonna be shit no matter how hard you work on it, but a Jagged Alliance game? Nope.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Also, can someone please point out to me where the people in this thread were slobbering all over anyone's cock? Because I'm getting the feeling that you're really just seeing what you want to see in order to bitch about the codex and feel superior.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Hey, HobGoblin42, did you personally work on JA:BiA? (just curious)

Sure, I did. And I also worked on "The Settlers 2", "Knights and Merchants", "Spellforce 2" and many other games. Some people should realize that developing games is a job like many others - you can't pick only the cherries by developing great masterpieces. Even god himself had to work on 'Alpha Protocol' in some dark hour. At the end the people with the money decide how good a game can get.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even god himself had to work on 'Alpha Protocol' in some dark hour.
Alpha Protocol is better than anything you've ever worked on. Damning with faint praise.

(It was also something Obsidian pitched to Sega and not something they were "forced" to do)

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Alpha Protocol is better than anything you've ever worked on. Damning with faint praise.

Then you've never played "The Settlers 2", "Spellforce 2" or "Knights and Merchants"

(I know you prefer to ignore the reality, so just for you: metacritics are 72 for 'Alpha Protocol' and 80 for 'Spellforce 2')

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom