Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Zariusz

Arbiter

16:00 Open Map Theme? I wonder if this means choosing locations on map or maybe Mount & Blade like world map.

Last edited:

Curratum

Pirated this out of curiosity a few days ago. The entire game, at least when playing with the AI (and that's who you will be playing against, given the playerbase and population) boils down to getting a lucky, semi-random hit in.

There is no real strategy or great skill, not in the way watching gameplay might make it seem. You just get lucky once and the round is over. The AI is also disgustingly easy to murder over and over again. 10 minutes after picking up the game I was winning against all AI configurations (because there is no difficulty yet) with ease, just getting in there and giving them a love tap.

If you play more defensively or try to do footsies with a human player, it might be ok, but the AI - you just run in there and smack them in the face once and it's over.

Deleted the pirated copy after about an hour. Might be worth it, someday, hopefully, but not today.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Pirated this out of curiosity a few days ago. The entire game, at least when playing with the AI (and that's who you will be playing against, given the playerbase and population) boils down to getting a lucky, semi-random hit in.

There is no real strategy or great skill, not in the way watching gameplay might make it seem. You just get lucky once and the round is over. The AI is also disgustingly easy to murder over and over again. 10 minutes after picking up the game I was winning against all AI configurations (because there is no difficulty yet) with ease, just getting in there and giving them a love tap.

If you play more defensively or try to do footsies with a human player, it might be ok, but the AI - you just run in there and smack them in the face once and it's over.

Deleted the pirated copy after about an hour. Might be worth it, someday, hopefully, but not today.
INVEST IN POLAND DAMMIT!!!!111

:x :x :x

mkultra

Augur
no real reason to pirate anything, just buy, if you don't like; refund. quicker too.
the exception would be rockstar, cdpr, blizzard, i would never support those, don't deserve anyone's money.

Curratum

no real reason to pirate anything, just buy, if you don't like; refund. quicker too.
the exception would be rockstar, cdpr, blizzard, i would never support those, don't deserve anyone's money.

Do that enough times in a short enough span of time and you will get a polite support email from Steam, telling you that refunds are not to be used and abused as though they are "demo functionality", as well as a passive-aggressive hint that if you keep doing that, you may be denied a refund. So, yeah, I'll stick to pirating to try a game.

mkultra

Augur

Do that enough times in a short enough span of time and you will get a polite support email from Steam, telling you that refunds are not to be used and abused as though they are "demo functionality", as well as a passive-aggressive hint that if you keep doing that, you may be denied a refund. So, yeah, I'll stick to pirating to try a game.

i've refunded at least 30 games over the years, sometimes several in a row, and yes i've gotten that email too, this was perhaps 4 years ago and nothing has happened. I don't think they'll stop refunding, it's not like i believe they have the law on their side when it comes to that. Even Facebook / Meta had to include the refund option for the Oculus shop, i've used that one several times too.

odrzut

Arcane
It seems to me that the writter for the game has been a published author (a best seller author in fact) who simply teamed up with a bunch of no name game devs as a little side activity to enrich his fictional setting (btw that might explain all the wahmin with big swords... usual fantasy stuff), now that he is hitting it big with the TV industry, the game is simply going to piggyback on his success (reverse Witcher if you will).

I guess some Polish Codexers might be able to tell us more about it.

Komuda is a niche PLC-wank historic fantasy author, orders of magnitude less popular than Sapkowski in Poland. Only nerds know about him but everybody knew about Sapkowski even before the games. Komuda has a small group of hardcore fans and wrote a lot of stuff but he's going quantity not quality. Also he made a pen&paper RPG that wasn't that bad.

The patriotism/right wing bias in his books is a bit much for me and I like the period. If I was making a game in this setting I would go for Sienkiewicz trilogy not Komuda stuff, Sienkiewicz did the same but 10 times better. But I guess the licence was cheaper and the author is still alive.

As for long swords and the fat guy with saber - these are borrowed from Sienkiewicz books. Anachronistic yes but it's a trope at this point.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter

So they intertwined Hellish Quart with Komuda even more huh? Its interesting because this tv series already had succesfull crowdfunding for like 273 000zł

EDIT: Apparently that was for pilot episode so they can catch investors eye or smt like that

EDIT 2:

Those new special attacks look cool.

EDIT 3:

Hmm i guess that's how they want to get sponsors, we will finance you but you must advertise our hema equipment in game. Its weirdly fitting i think.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Alexander is very cool. His movelists is currenlty unfinished but the way he moves and plays feels nice. I remember Kubold (The dev of the game) saying he had some trouble while creating Karlkstein due to his feet movement. He seems he really improved in this regard, Alexander's footwork animations are excellent.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember Kubold (The dev of the game) saying he had some trouble while creating Karlkstein due to his feet movement.
Yeah I think it was something to do with having to animate the feet so they do not criss-cross or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom