Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Fgj3b8z-X0-AAmw-Nn.jpg

Sneak peek of new characters:
- Scottish Highlander.
- Carpathian highlander with a ciupaga. LMAO.
- And... uh... hobo Rugal? Some wandering swordsman? No idea. Apparently we are getting arcade mode with a boss character. Maybe that's him? Danzig messer master?

Zariusz

Arbiter
Fgj3b8z-X0-AAmw-Nn.jpg

Sneak peek of new characters:
- Scottish Highlander.
- Carpathian highlander with a ciupaga. LMAO.
- And... uh... hobo Rugal? Some wandering swordsman? No idea. Apparently we are getting arcade mode with a boss character. Maybe that's him? Danzig messer master?

Also on the next update there will be completly new mode, with boss even. I wonder how it will differ from the current game AI.

In short - we are working on a boss update.

This will include a new character (playable, but in a non-boss form for now) with a whole new animation set, a specific AI for the boss, a boss arena, and - since we now will have the main villain - a classic arcade mode. The arcade mode of course is not replacing the main cinematic story but is just an additional mode, that you can play through with every character. The arcade mode will also give a bit of a backstory for each fencer - for now just with text, which will be replaced by art or cinematics in the future.

I can't really say when the update will be finished, but it's going well, so hopefully very soon.

Since the previous update we also 3D scanned and prepared a lot of new historical clothes models for constructing the upcoming new characters. Amongst them: Scottish and Carpathian Highlanders, Ottoman Galley Comito, Tatar Raider, Danzig longsword master, French smallsword fencer, and a whole bunch of Nobleones... I mean, nobles! Those will come in the next updates, after this one. We also have prepared clothes for NPCs and bystanders for populating cutscenes and the arenas during combat. We are slowly reaching the "critical mass" of characters in the game for starting to compose animatics for the main Story mode.

Thank you for your patience and continuous support :)

fork

This game started promising and got worse with every single update. Instead of focusing on the core strength and refining that, the retarded dev thinks half-assed feature bloat is the way.

Utter garbage. Stay away.

agris

Arcane
Patron
If this turns into MK3 with spectator mode… I’m ok with that.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Hellish Quart now has an arcade mode with a proper boss fight.
It's pretty damn cool. Except the dev trying to voice act. It's hard to fight while cringing.

laclongquan

Arcane
You've gotta hand it to the Poles. They can make some really niche game.

Sword fighting or rapier fighting is pretty popular elsewhere, but do we see an European game? An American game? No, it's the Pole doing it~

Hell, I was actually expecting a Chinese game out first, or a Japanese katana game but the Poles sure are nambah one~
---
Why was I not serious here? The fencing shit are all over the place if you look at Olympic and fencing clubs, most numerous in USA and EU. HEMA guys are all over Dragon con and other cons as well.
China might have less in term of ratio but surely win thanks to absolute number.
And Japanese kendo system developed from elementary to highschool to university clubs, with lots of tournaments all year.
But it's the Pole make this one first~

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
In history you can see that Poland played with Russia more than european nations. When they invade a foreign nation, it's Russia that eat the bullet. When foreign nation invade Poland, that is because Poland is in their way toward Russia, not because of invaders want to hold Polish lands exactly.

That's the basis of my saying Poland belong to the Russo sphere more than Europe.
Don't see the problem

Yeah, well, compare to the realistic "2 hit and you are down" here it's jarring as fuck

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
In history you can see that Poland played with Russia more than european nations. When they invade a foreign nation, it's Russia that eat the bullet. When foreign nation invade Poland, that is because Poland is in their way toward Russia, not because of invaders want to hold Polish lands exactly.
Do you get your european history from reddit headlines?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom