Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us change the nature of a game

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
We also praise Wizardry 8 and KOTC to high heavens as well. I mean, certainly combat ain't everything but we can't argue that great combat is a definite plus. Some of our favorite games are just excellent despite their bad combat- not because of it.

Plus, like half of us grew up with great/fun combat so we often sort of long to have that child-like experience again so we can nostalgia.

Captain Shrek

I don't care about combat in RPGs. Nor does the Codex, actually. Fallout, Fallout 2, Arcanum and PST get praised to high heaven here yet they all have bad combat systems.
So do games Like TOEE, KoTC and Dark Messiah.

The point is that it is perfectly valid to expect BOTH good combat and Good story.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
chinkjew.png

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Moar like:
LQD1wdj.png

While you're improving my work, could you remove the annoying black lump I left on the back of the troll's head? It offends my sensibilities, but I'm too lazy to go back into PS and fix it despite the fact that it would take under a minute.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shouldn't it be like a Yuan or Yen sign instead of dollar sign too?

LundB

Mistakes were made.

RK is from Singapore, and $ is the symbol for Singapore dollars. Also I'm lazy and bitter that RK is getting all the fists so there.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

RK is from Singapore, and $ is the symbol for Singapore dollars. Also I'm lazy and bitter that RK is getting all the fists so there.
I wasn't sure if we were going for a representation of RK or just stereotypical Asian.

I mean the jew one doesn't represent Infinitron right?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex doesn't seem into giving as much as in the past. :( Regardless, I already pledged for the $250 ties on their KS and will probably be in the top 30 here so if anyone wants my digital copy (if we get them/ reach our goal) just let me know. I need to remember who I said I'd give my W2 digital copy to... :?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Codex doesn't seem into giving as much as in the past. :( Regardless, I already pledged for the $250 ties on their KS and will probably be in the top 30 here so if anyone wants my digital copy (if we get them/ reach our goal) just let me know. I need to remember who I said I'd give my W2 digital copy to... :?

DU must jew out some digital copies for bros sitting on the fence of this one... I am tempted to shift my pledge to Divinity as they have more need for my Jewgold.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DU must jew out some digital copies for bros sitting on the fence of this one... I am tempted to shift my pledge to Divinity as they have more need for my Jewgold.

OP said:
UPDATE: InXile have promised to give us 30 digital copies of the game. They will be distributed among top 30 donors.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

OP said:
UPDATE: InXile have promised to give us 30 digital copies of the game. They will be distributed among top 30 donors.

Will 30 Kwan Doritos will be enough? List of donors lacks this vital info.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

OP said:

Will 30 Kwan Doritos will be enough? List of donors lacks this vital info.

Good question. DarkUnderlord?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Codex doesn't seem into giving as much as in the past. :(

Yeah, it's kind of shameful. villain of the story needs to spam everybody who donated to PE and hasn't donated to this yet
No MCA trolls for $250+ donations have got to be hurting the bottom line. Also fundraiser fatigue.
DU needs to announce some awesome stretch goals to get the campaign back on track! :vaultdweller:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom