Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help with Blobbers

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That looks like it displays a whole lot of stuff I don't want to know. Still, the party info looks nice. I assume I can just cross the other ones out. Thanks!

Yes, you can just close any window you don't want. I just linked the screencap from the developer's website.
I can't find a way to disable the automap, unfortunately. That's a dealbreaker. :|

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also you could try "The quest",the best new blobber.
lFGTVqi.png

looks good.
You can also get a nice fucking with amazon and then come back to kill her :).

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the recent StarCrawlers is a good baby's first blobber, with modern graphics and gridbased movement. I got bored of it because its procedurally generated levels aren't very good and it has too much HP bloat but other people seem to have enjoyed it.

excellent graphics and music though, and it had an interesting basic faction system, which seems to be a big deal to people here for whatever reason; essentially it's just the game's way of parceling out blocks of equipment and "missions" depending on what faction you have more points with and which you have negative points with.

i'm not a fan of mutually exclusive content though, but a lot of codexers here fucking love it.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Quest looks good, but the gameplay is as rote as it gets. I had more fun with Oblivion than with this mobile crap.
You crazy nigga? The Quest is the perfect mix of Might and Magic and Daggerfall, hell its quests have more depth and C&C that fucking Skyrim ffs

V_K

Arcane
You crazy nigga? The Quest is the perfect mix of Might and Magic and Daggerfall, hell its quests have more depth and C&C that fucking Skyrim ffs
Lolwut? I doesn't have even 1% of Daggerfall's world simulation, combat is mindless hack&slash (even more mindless than in M&M since you only have one character) and level design is the epitome of uninspired. And you can shove your C&Cs up your ass, it's just glorified window dressing bearing no effect on gameplay.

mondblut

Arcane
^ Just a reminder, there's an awesome programme called Where Are We? that adds automap (with notes) and other functionalities (like a separate interface window for party status, equipment, etc.) to MM 1 (and 2-5 too, but it's mostly relevant for 1). It's really good. Grab it if you haven't.

It should be made to work for SNES or Sega version, because the original CGA eyesore might as well not exist.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks fine. I'm not going to put up with a shitty control scheme just because of graphics that don't matter at all.

Tigranes

Arcane
DOS + WAW is cool, but I don't like how the maps essentially show you secret doors and where you got teleported to. SNES version + graph paper of course promises a lot of getting lost.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I'm pretty sure that Ravenloft: the Stone Prophet is better than Grimrock. Played both. But maybe you had to play Stone Prophet in its time, 20 years ago.

Stone Prophet is true dungeon crawling, though the rest of the game isn't as good.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
The Quest is the most underrated first person open world RPG around. It's not party based, but the sequel will be.

Ranarama

Learned
^ Just a reminder, there's an awesome programme called Where Are We? that adds automap (with notes) and other functionalities (like a separate interface window for party status, equipment, etc.) to MM 1 (and 2-5 too, but it's mostly relevant for 1). It's really good. Grab it if you haven't.

Makes it look like Mordor.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
ItsChon

Best Blobber ?

Hard to say, Wizardry 8 is one of the best if not the best, so far, you should play with the mods, restoration + the 2 speed mods (fast anim and i'm not sure about the other one )

Xeen, you're already playing it, wait a couple of month or even a year and play Isles of Terra, some features are annoying (quest items taking inventory spots, no mass buffs) but other than that, it's slightly better than Xeen (and you can hire hirelings)

Wait for The Quest 2, the dev said it'll be party based, unlike the first, it's probably going to be one of the best blobbers of the last 15 years (close to M&M 3,4,5, graphic and game-play wise, just missing the riddles )

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
The Quest is the best parts of Daggerfall and Morrowind except with better writing, quest design, and C&C. I'm surprised how underrated it is even here.

The Quest 2 will be the same thing except party-based, more features, and improved graphics. Unfortunately it's stuck in development hell, because it's just two guys with full time jobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom