Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic III 20th anniversary

Plaguecrafter

Novice
Get ready to have your mind blown. Happy watching!

It seems I've been playing this game wrong all these years. Huh.

visions

Arcane
And Air Magic: Expert Haste is always nice, especially coupled with Expert Ballistics to seriously storm a castle with infantry. And Expert View Air for keeping track of enemy heroes.

Advanced or Expert Dimension Door is also always nice.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Ok, it seems that these guys have picked up on this:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ricrvc/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/etbasch/playlists
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heroes3Combats/playlists

Get ready to have your mind blown. Happy watching!
Thanks, having my mind blown was exactly what happened. After all these years talking about the game and all these posts, finally something new and humbling that made me drop from "pro" to "newb' in a few minutes. Kudos ! :salute:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bone Dragons/ Ghost Dragons are teh sux
even liches and dread knights are mediocre/ overrated

Dread knights and vampires are the best creatures of their level. Liches arguably are too, although it's somewhat ambiguous since there are a lot of good level 5 units.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Dread knights and vampires are the best creatures of their level. Liches arguably are too, although it's somewhat ambiguous since there are a lot of good level 5 units.
Skeleton spam is overrated. The real reason to play necro is for that stack of vampire lords that become fucking immortal once they get large enough. Zero losses every time.

Jason Liang

Arcane

Dread Knights don't fly. Hence they clearly are NOT the best level 6 creatures.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
tumblr_oqjxbc3eV51ujca6vo1_1280.gif

https://vertibirdo.tumblr.com/tagged/homm3

Heroes of Might & Magic III, the unsurpassed king of the fantasy-themed strategy genre (closely followed by its predecessor), as far as I'm concerned. A truly magical game that managed to capture the mind and the imagination of countless gamers around the world.

HMM1-2 was better though.

HoMM2 surely has the best campaigns of all HoMM games

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Isra is my fave video game babe. I like thinking that she is sort of a peoples hero for the necropolis, friends of all skellies and ghouls, but that the cunty liches hates being around the endless rabble of skeletons that follows Isra and want to think themselves a bit above it all.

If I myself were a creature I think I would be a troglodyte. I imagine it being pretty great sitting around in a damp cave being all slimy, cooing and gurgling all day. Like a more cozy Gollum.

zapotec

Liturgist
What's a good basic guide?
I never know what do: when to hire a new hero or build X instead of recruiting units and so on. :oops:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I never know what do: when to hire a new hero or build X instead of recruiting units and so on.

-First buidlng is mages guild and get your hero a spell book.
-Rushing capitol should be your first goal.
-some units, buildings are unnecessary at first days/weeks. slow units like golems and dwarves, evil eye because of monies and etc. Hell I wouldn't even upgrade cavalier unit because upgraded version is not that of an upgrade.
-Slow units also slow your heroes map travel.
-2nd week is good for a second hero. Use that one for back up and defending home while adventuring with your first/main one.You can split stack some units for moar spells, abilities like ogre magi, cyclops kings. They are effective even with 1 unit.
-Always focus on upgrading 1 castle at first only. First weeks ore and wood are really needed and spliting that slow yo down.
-Rushing like mad while maintaining low loses really helps.

Citizen

I never know what do: when to hire a new hero or build X instead of recruiting units and so on.

-First buidlng is mages guild and get your hero a spell book.
-Rushing capitol should be your first goal.
-some units, buildings are unnecessary at first days/weeks. slow units like golems and dwarves, evil eye because of monies and etc. Hell I wouldn't even upgrade cavalier unit because upgraded version is not that of an upgrade.
-Slow units also slow your heroes map travel.
-2nd week is good for a second hero. Use that one for back up and defending home while adventuring with your first/main one.You can split stack some units for moar spells, abilities like ogre magi, cyclops kings. They are effective even with 1 unit.
-Always focus on upgrading 1 castle at first only. First weeks ore and wood are really needed and spliting that slow yo down.
-Rushing like mad while maintaining low loses really helps.

Some correct, other wtf

Expand fast and agressive, heroes cost money, not resources, so even on high difficulties you get the second and the third one ASAP. Preferred perks for heroes are logistics/pathfinding for faster movement and tactics to minimize losses during fights with neutral stacks

More heroes collect more unguarded resources boosting your economy, and since the troops dont have movement points, you can effectively herochain your big stack of troops to win more battles per turn -> more resources from imp/skellly/naga/whatever treasures

Rushing capitol is not really effective in most cases, better focus on unit lairs and castle

visions

Arcane
Rushing for the capitol is a noob strategy but I'm lazy so I do it when playing against the computer (who am I kidding, I only ever play against the computer) on difficulties below Impossible. Doesn't matter that much against the AI below Impossible, for example you can still beat the Armageddon's Blade campaigns even if you rush for the capitol in most of the scenarios.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Rule of thumb - use several "Roach"-heroes. Heroes with only task to run around and collect things. Usually with one fast unit, like pixie or centaur or anything fast enough not to slow you down. With resource generating skill preferrably, like +350 gold etc. Kill guards with main, gather with roaches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom