Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Let's hope the next vid isn't about retardard chinkshit shovelware again.
Idk, that was pretty complex as far as chink shovelware is concerned, so I didn't mind it.

That said, I don't like how he'll say he's doing a game like Baldur's Gate or whatever, wait 6 months and then say "nah, never mind, Mandalore already did it" and proceed to talk about some garbage MMO or a libshit game like Qud.

Finally, who would you say are top tier game-reviewers?
Totalbiscuit but he's dead.
TB was good when he stuck to reviewing and not letting his saviour complex get the better of him. Or when he told people to get cancer and die.

His contrariness could be pretty funny at times. I watched a stream of his for Mass Effect Andromeda where he'd kind of worked himself into this corner of the game not being as bad as people online were making it out to be, but you could also tell he was pretty annoyed by the game as he played it while also trying to downplay the shit he clearly didn't like. It made for a amusing watch.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Finally, who would you say are top tier game-reviewers?
Totalbiscuit but he's dead.
TB was good when he stuck to reviewing and not letting his saviour complex get the better of him. Or when he told people to get cancer and die.

His contrariness could be pretty funny at times. I watched a stream of his for Mass Effect Andromeda where he'd kind of worked himself into this corner of the game not being as bad as people online were making it out to be, but you could also tell he was pretty annoyed by the game as he played it while also trying to downplay the shit he clearly didn't like. It made for a amusing watch.
I wouldn't say he was a complete contrarian. He was more principles-based than anyone in his time and anyone today. He had a SEHA boycott because SEGA shit the bed for many youtubers with some copyright striking thing and this was sure to have lost him money because it prevented him from doing videos on the Totalwar series, which is easy money to make because you can release a launch day review and be confident in getting views for many months by which time CA would've altered the game / DLC so much that you can't really receive any criticism for a sloppy video. CA also has an NPC insider program to give shills creators early access for free.

He was also critical of youtube hustlers and woke journos, the latter of which tried to cancel him many times for ''supporting'' gamergate, being ''racist'' among other things.

He did start becoming more unhinged as global wokeness ramped up but I'd say that's more a result of his woke friends and TDS. He was awesome at keeping it together considering how sane he was remaining despite knowing he was going to die soon.

I'd say a textbook contrarian would be Jim (Stephanie?) Sterling who punches the designated punching bags and stays quiet about people on the right side of politics.

Oh, I liked Totalbiscuit, and yeah, I agree with what you're saying. I'm just saying there were also times he'd be a contrarian just to be a contrarian, and watching him play Mass Effect Andromeda live on a stream was a funny example of it. Like in a review its a different thing because you're watching a crafted piece, but in that stream he's just playing it live in front of people and the contrarian position he'd already taken going into it was coming up against the reality of the game in a pretty humorous way.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's hope the next vid isn't about retardard chinkshit shovelware again.
Idk, that was pretty complex as far as chink shovelware is concerned, so I didn't mind it.

That said, I don't like how he'll say he's doing a game like Baldur's Gate or whatever, wait 6 months and then say "nah, never mind, Mandalore already did it" and proceed to talk about some garbage MMO or a libshit game like Qud.

for which game did he do that?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm guessing the Chinese game being referred to is Amazing Cultivation Simulator.

I meant the game being referred in "how he'll say he's doing a game like Baldur's Gate or whatever, wait 6 months and then say "nah, never mind, Mandalore already did it"", not the chink shovelware

Caim

Arcane
Sseth said:
1.jpg

My fiber cables have been cut and I literally live in the middle of nowhere.
Technicians said the earliest they can get here is somewhere next week.

There's a radio tower nearby - which is why i'm able to write this.
Worst case scenario? I'm gonna - slowly - upload that 2Gb video with mobile data.

See ya around!
And again, apologies for the inconvenience.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/vid-done-no-58939089

Humbaba

Arcane
Sseth said:
1.jpg

My fiber cables have been cut and I literally live in the middle of nowhere.
Technicians said the earliest they can get here is somewhere next week.

There's a radio tower nearby - which is why i'm able to write this.
Worst case scenario? I'm gonna - slowly - upload that 2Gb video with mobile data.

See ya around!
And again, apologies for the inconvenience.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/vid-done-no-58939089

Does he expect anybody to buy that?

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Fuck Mandalore. Xir is a pro-cancel culture cuck who sounds over-medicated. It's a matter of time before xir puts on a dress, chops off his dick, and does speedrun streams on Twitch with the other autistic trannies.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Who or what is xir?

Xe / Xem / Xir is a set of gender neutral pronouns that some people and/or organisations have adopted. For example, you would say "Xe is hungry" instead of " He/She is hungry", "Please tell xem that lunch is ready" instead of "Please tell him/her that lunch is ready", and "This sandwich is xirs " instead of "This sandwich is his/hers".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom