Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Elttharion

Learned
People act like because some freaked out trannies hated that game that it wasn't pozzed to the gills. Both sides got fooled. Trannies and chudbros bought that goyslop and loved it.
Never bought or played the game, the drama was fun tho.

orcinator

Liturgist
This was the game with the highest ammount of sales in the US in 2023. I have been sipping pina coladas all day while reading all the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the troons over this.

:positive:

Christ, what a shit year for aaa when you have shovelware like Dead Island 2 making it in the top 20.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Didn' read the thread because I'm not the slightest bit interested in Harry Potter.
But does this game have a char creator that lets you make a cute young witch with nice outfits, if you know what I mean?

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
No buy then, thank, God.
Let Rowling or whatshername and the Kikes seeth an dilate then.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Didn' read the thread because I'm not the slightest bit interested in Harry Potter.
But does this game have a char creator that lets you make a cute young witch with nice outfits, if you know what I mean?

They are mods for this out there you dirty kid fucker. So have at it!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
This game has just caused hilarity on all sides of the political spectrum. I think the funniest thing about it is how people who are generally anti-woke ended up buying and defending a game that has some of the worst pandering and virtue signalling we've seen in a game in years, maybe even ever.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Been playing about - I don't know, 8 hours or so? - and so far it seems pretty meh. Combat doesn't really seem that engaging, what puzzles I've encountered seem pretty simplistic, the open world seems tacked on, etc. The gear system is annoying. I initially started exploring Hogwarts but at the beginning I couldn't interact with most things because I lacked the spells/ablities.

Speaking of which, how long is the "tutorial" in this game? I'm still unlocking things and I feel like the game hasn't fully opened up. Like what the fuck? That's too long. Get your shit together. Faggot bitch.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Hogwarts Legacy Has Sold 24 Million Units; New Features and Ex PlayStation Exclusive Content Coming in Q3 2024

24 million units.... seesh.

Is this game actually good, or is it all just build on the whole Rowling drama?
Maybe the drama helped, maybe it didn't.

I think the main reason is that it is using an extremely popular setting, looks nice, and promises to let players be part of the stories they liked as kids. Even if it's not a good game (I haven't played it) that'll have to sell well.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Hogwarts Legacy Has Sold 24 Million Units; New Features and Ex PlayStation Exclusive Content Coming in Q3 2024

24 million units.... seesh.

Is this game actually good, or is it all just build on the whole Rowling drama?
Why, it's only a thing that's got everything a streamlined entertainment must have, and it's sort of a first-time, full-fledged AAA game from an insanely famous fantasy world.
On top of that, it has a really neat atmosphere, some original game-play mechanics, and at least some good writing.

On the other hand, it can get somewhat repetitive, its features are plenty but ultimately can feel shallow (e.g., it simply didn't feel compelling to discover new combat builds; everything sort of worked right-away), and the story itself felt sadly forgettable (at least to me).

Perfect stuff to get overly-excited for about 10-40 hours and then forget about it completely :D

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom