Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hollow Knight

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've reached that age when if something takes 10+ tries I start contemplating whether it is actually the best use of my precious relaxation time ;-)

Elwro

Arcane
Yeah, it does seem that I lack some stuff in my brain which would make me really fit for this game. I keep dying to the Warrior Dream boss in Stone Sanctuary even though the patterns of the swirly things are 100% predictable.

To be honest I'm not a great fan of the game not showing the opponents' HP at all.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, it does seem that I lack some stuff in my brain which would make me really fit for this game. I keep dying to the Warrior Dream boss in Stone Sanctuary even though the patterns of the swirly things are 100% predictable.

To be honest I'm not a great fan of the game not showing the opponents' HP at all.

I've been there in retry hell, and I'm not sure I like their design decision for bosses - I feel like there should be benches right outside to try new charm setups, etc.

HK is super open ended, though, so you rarely need to keep banging on the same boss. In particular, Stone Sanctuary is an entirely separate optional area you can go at any time, so you can ignore it?

I did it last night, and I largely went with Grubsong + the soul charge on attack charm as a way to just keep health up. If you stand in the bottom in the middle to heal, most of the time you don't even get a ghost down that bottom lane.

I've found that bosses actually go down really quickly in cases where you're on top of them and hitting them a lot (to the point of 'hey, that's it?) - but they take god damn forever if you're not set up right and aren't hitting them efficiently.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Honestly i found the game pretty easy until post game content, where difficulty ramps up pretty steeply both in platforming and combat. I almost gave up on beating PV because of the reflexes it requires, while NKG took me longer to beat but once learned i can beat almost 100% of the tries, PV i still cannot consistently beat , even after completimg POH.
never bothered with beating all bosses on radiant, i'm not that much masochist

Elwro

Arcane
Thanks, Tigranes .

Well, I went there because I can stand neither Soul Warrior nor the Brooding Malek anymore.

Will explore more, then. I have the Crystal Peak open (well I got the Dream Nail from there) so that's a natural choice, I guess. I've been down to the Basin but things seem to be locked down there right now.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, you can nearly always find other places to explore. Crystal Peak will give you a new movement that opens up further areas and goodies.

It sounds like, by the way, you should have at least the first two nail upgrades (the second requiring a rare ore). If you don't - that will also smooth the way for all the bosses generally.

Ash

Arcane
How the FUCK when someone who hasn't played since the NES asks you for games similar to HK you come up with Hades or Darkwood?!?

A GBA emulator with Aria of Sorrow + Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission is the way to go.

How the FUCK when someone who hasn't played since the NES do you come up with Aria of Sorrow. Big lol. what a mediocre igavania. why would you recommend that over literally any of the others? WHY? Is it the emo anime characters perhaps?

I recommended him Symphony of the Night and Salt and Sanctuary. No GBA metroidvania matches either of those two.

Ash

Arcane
btw Elwro Darkwood is a Polish game. I mention this because It seems you guys are brainwashed cucks proud nationalists, patriots whatever. You can also kill pigs for no reason, as an interesting coincidence. Maybe this will spur you to play it.

Elwro

Arcane
btw Elwro Darkwood is a Polish game. I mention this because It seems you guys are brainwashed cucks nationalists, patriots whatever. You can also kill pigs for no reason, as an interesting coincidence. Maybe this will spur you to play it.
Well, I kinda like pigs. They are smart and can enjoy life properly. So I'm kinda in two minds whether I will like this concept. Still, thanks for the info, will try!

Ash

Arcane
It's optional! I'm just a sick fuck like that and expected you to be too, apparently. But no seriously I assign no morality to video game choices. It's all fictional and harmless.

Momock

Augur
How the FUCK when someone who hasn't played since the NES do you come up with Aria of Sorrow. Big lol. what a mediocre igavania. why would you recommend that over literally any of the others? WHY? Is it the emo anime characters perhaps?
Oh come on, SotN is garbage. It was the first Igavania, that's all there is to it. This shit is a borefest.

fork

Anyone who enjoys roguelites should play Hades. It’s hands down the best one I’ve ever played. I never even noticed the Gods’ skin color until seeing people complain about it here and it’s ridiculous. Yeah they don’t really look white, but they don’t really look black either.

They don't look like Greek Gods, white or not. Period.
The art style simply is utter shit.

And if Bastion is anything to judge these devs by, everything else in the game is also shit.

Elwro

Arcane
Jesus, the path to the Crystal Guardian requires me to retake all the laser puzzles every time? There's no shortcut?

Elwro

Arcane
Oh.

Thanks. Unfortunately, all my 'exits' from the portion of the world I explored so far are blocked by encounters which I find to be reeeealllly annoying. Well, every game has moments like that...

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
i tought there was a bench super close to crystal guardian from wich you could jump into the arena. I remember bad?

edit: i confused him with EG.
Bro keep learning it, it's one of the bosses with the most telegraphed attack in the game . If you beat it you will unlock a bench

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
I managed to fuck myself up nicely. I unlocked the bench at the bottom of the Ancient Basin; I rested without thinking. But I haven't found a tram pass yet and this means I have to make my way up through the broken elevator to City of Tears... and the spikes kill me all the time. Well, my fault.

I managed to fuck myself up nicely. I unlocked the bench at the bottom of the Ancient Basin; I rested without thinking. But I haven't found a tram pass yet and this means I have to make my way up through the broken elevator to City of Tears... and the spikes kill me all the time. Well, my fault.

Pretty sure there’s another way out (although you might be on the wrong side of a one-way door, can’t actually remember if it’s one way or not).

Not that the other way out is any easier, mind you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom