Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Honkai: Star Rail - It sucks almost as much as mods changing titles

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sirs, are you aware that you can't select black skin color for your character during character creation?

How can we fix this?

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This game really looks much better than Genshin. Shame about the yawny combat.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This game really looks much better than Genshin. Shame about the yawny combat.
Combat is actually pretty decent. At least until you figure it out and everything becomes trivial. They give you a ton of ways to grind summons and materials, so it's just a matter of time before you have the best gear and RNG your way past most bosses.

But yeah, I definitely prefer the art here. And not just for obvious reasons. Genshit, Star Rail and their clones all have the same problem: they all use the same 3D models and model design principles.

You have two or three female body types, and all the clothing is pretty much the same skintight, but not actually revealing, gimmick. The fanart is more titillating than anything in the actual game.

But games with Live2D can do anything the artist can draw.

Reinhardt

Arcane
brown dust 2 was not bad, until heavy grind kicks in and you realize that non completely brain dead combat is not always a good thing. i played release version and iirc they adressed it later but i already deleted game by that time.

sticking to fgo and another eden for all my gacha needs.

Vyvian

Educated
The power creep in story bosses is becoming a bit crazy.
You can tell the push to turn F2Ps into spenders is well underway. The party's over in a sense.

Tyrr

Liturgist
You can tell the push to turn F2Ps into spenders is well underway. The party's over in a sense.
So it's the opposite to Genshin? People always complain that there is no challenge or endgame in Genshin.

Vyvian

Educated
So it's the opposite to Genshin? People always complain that there is no challenge or endgame in Genshin.
Pretty much. It's a good and bad thing in my opinion, I don't think main story bosses or encounters should require a ton of grinding but that's the path they are taking.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

China banning lewdness in gacha. This is probably why Genshin/Star Rail characters all get the same sorts of designs with little if any skin showing.

Compare it to Korea.

Tyrr

Liturgist
With China censoring and Japan getting more and more infiltrated by Western wokeness, Korea still stand strong.
NIKKE was second place in Gacha ranking in January, only behind Genshin.

Vyvian

Educated
Mihoyo focuses on legs and thighs along with thick asses generally to show sexiness in their characters.
Once you notice their little loophole you can't unsee it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I started playing again after getting Archeron.

My gear really stinks though, so combat is a bit of a grind. Still on the second half of Space China.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Good grief there's a ton of grind in leveling a decent character.

And apparently I'm missing the two lolis who are extremely good at healing/buffing (the dragon and the visionary). Kafka's companion quest is wrecking me without at least one of them.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Someone on my friends list has a Jinglu and she absolutely destroys everything with crits.

There's another fomo I missed out on. And who knows when she'll come back. The month-long banners this game has are a real pain.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Been playing this since release, and so far it was more of a guilty pleasure I played out of boredom and because the turn-based combat isn't half bad, but the story writing and narrative development of the last 2 patches is pretty damn good. I didn't particularly enjoy the Luofu or Belobog story, but Penacony has been a very pleasant surprise so far.

Acheron is stupidly op at E2. Idk why they decided to make an E2 be ~40-50% DPS increase, when typically Eidolons are only around ~10% per, except for E6.

Tyrr

Liturgist
It took all my saved up resources to get her once (160 pulls). So E2 is out of the question.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, even at E0 she does more damage than Jing Liu, so you'll be fine either way. Lost my 50:50 to Himeko as well. :<

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom