Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Forbidden West - sequel to Hoizon Zero Dawn - coming to PC on March 21st

ShaggyMoose

Savant
It was totally an RPG. You could choose to... um, kill that robot, or that other robot. Or something.

Elttharion

Learned
I dont understand why people joke about Ubisoft releasing the same game all the time but give a pass to Sony. All their games are the same open world 3rd person slop.

I thought the first one passed the time well enough for being a big AAA monstrosity. Sure it was basically the same Open-World collectathon that Ubisoft shits out yearly, but the combat and weapon itemization/crafting were waaaaaaayy better than anything Ubi has shit out. There were also occasional moments of genuinely good writing (which I assume we can thank John Gonzales for) even if the overall mission-to-mission writing was dull as dishwater. Gonzales didn't work on this one though, right? I seem to recall he left after Zero Dawn shipped.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
moments of genuinely good writing
Might finally be time for me to put Horizon Zero Dawn to bed as one of the worst-written stories I have ever had the misfortune to experience in my life.

All their games are the same open world 3rd person slop.
Except when they're the same linear walk slowly through navigation obstacles and talk to people between combat arena slop (e.g. Uncharted, God of War, Last of us, etc).

moments of genuinely good writing
Might finally be time for me to put Horizon Zero Dawn to bed as one of the worst-written stories I have ever had the misfortune to experience in my life.
Uhhh... way to cherry-pick that quote. I agree the overall plot and mission writing was pretty much trash (though "one of the worst-written stories I have ever had the misfortune to experience in my life" is histrionics of the highest order), but there was good writing to be found in some of the lore collectables (even if they were often highly reminiscent of Honest Hearts' Survivalist's Logs).

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Some of you people have absolutely no sense of what's good or not.
Or worse yet, you are riddled with one of the wannabe mature being diseases: I see two bad things so the rest must be shit too, oh how the world has disappointed me poor, tried soul.
You are hopeless.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom