Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hostile takeover of shoutbox by substance abusing losers

Derringer

Prophet
There is absolutely no reason for this to happen, at all, if the "women" where just behaving like normal users, created an account and did not make their own sex and sexuality the topic all the time.
I mean, you, or idk. Crispy could be a woman for all I know, how many times are you asked out by the incel and lonely crowd your forum definitely has a part of?

I feel like you think you're being very logical about this, but are missing just how much emotional content / arbitrary bias you're expressing here.

Yes, my name is "Theodora". One of the few things I noticed about this place before signing up was there seemed to be a lot of people interested in history, and Theodora and Justinian are two of my favourite historical figures, and I've rarely met a history nerd that didn't find Eastern Rome fascinating. My name was an offer to talk about that, not my sex. I did not realise that amongst the kind and interesting people on here that there would be quite so many neurotic assholes whose every other thought revolves around an insecurity over women (not to mention an obsessive, love-hate fascination with trannies).

Frankly, I find the expectations you put on men absurdly low. DU in my rare interactions with him doesn't treat me like those men, nor does Infinitron, Crispy, Scruffy, essentially no one on staff, including those who think I am an idiot; a fuckton of other men on the forum fail to act so pathetically either, but you act like this pathetic behaviour is just what men do when reminded a) women exist b) that they have a sexuality.

It never occurred to me to obfuscate my gender on here because when I have remained anonymous elsewhere, those with a shred of empathy or awareness soon picked up that I wasn't a dude, either from how I type, or -- outright -- hearing me on voip. Not sure why I should've approached this place differently, given again: I had no notion there were this many misogynists.

Generally, as with Mebrilia, others bring up my sexuality and I correct them. If that's bait to you, you're living in a very strange bubble indeed. Once again though, this is all your conjecture; and I'm hardly on any plane of comparison with the guys posting smut for each other, or referencing to their own sexual behaviours. I don't care what they're up to, but I don't see how you establish it's my responsibility to cater to the particular group of hopeful, horny morons that think they're going to getting a gf by harassing some stranger on a different continent.

People have responsibility for their own self-mastery, and your whole fixation -- literally and metaphorically -- that 'short skirt = responsibility for others' violence' is a total cop-out, and at best a cope for your own uncomfortable thoughts. The fact you can't identity that all this is totally asocial behaviour leaves me at a loss for words. Go on a pilgrimage or something, find your humanity.
History is fun to talk about and research, at least I still have interest in it even if half of it could be made up shit up to a certain point, a lot of it up to the 1400s is sketchy but you have to take what you can before that and process it how you can.

sdg's problem is that he didn't follow rehab up with anything, they should have connected him with an alcoholics anonymous
Only thing that can make a man fix himself is seeking guidance from God.
Any sort of group/cell of people he could talk to would be better than just rehab really, but it won't fix anything that can't be fixed by one's self.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
what does that have to do with casualization?
what I stated is a fact. The MMO genre shifted to target the female audience and it led to disastrous results.
Nerd culture going mainstream wasn't about it opening up to women. There's men who play casual games like EDH, and there's women who play esports and go deep on RPG systems. 'Women only play casual shit' is just a repackaged form of ancient misogyny that declares us to all be inherently vapid and shallow.

This is obnoxious and obtuse, bordering on trolling, and you know it.

I'm sorry, but to bring that up would be immensely helpful in making a point if at all possible, if you could make the effort,
you're so naive sometimes /o\

Generic-Giant-Spider

Instead, these are the 5 times where Theo mentions SDG:

YHw6666.png

mqYOR1Q.png

ujC94lR.png

;)

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Do I have to sink that low and bring up the pathetic cybersex the thot were having on the shoutbox, or can we just admit the the shoutbox is used mostly by retard, boozer, druggy and women and only serve as a containment zone ?
Hugging people is cybersex now? wow. That tells much about your sexual life.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Do I have to sink that low and bring up the pathetic cybersex the thot were having on the shoutbox, or can we just admit the the shoutbox is used mostly by retard, boozer, druggy and women and only serve as a containment zone ?
Whoever said anything about hugging? That some kind of self-reflection issue isn't it?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Whoever said anything about hugging? That some kind of self-reflection issue isn't it?
Then i think you just lied out of nowhere?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Do I have to sink that low and bring up the pathetic cybersex the thot were having on the shoutbox...
I'm sorry, but to bring that up would be immensely helpful in making a point if at all possible, if you could make the effort,
Thot1:
Actually i am a mom too today. Thot2 called me mommy

Thot1:
@Thot2, *Winks*
Thot2:
Chat Bot: Thot1 spanks Thot2
Thot2 :
y are you lot so hrony today
Thot1:
Huehuehue
Thot1:
Now we miss Mibbs and Scroo and we have girlbox

Thot2 :
the closet thing i can give to sth objective is that basically everyone that has seen me on codex said i was cute so shrug
Thot2 :
i am told i'm cute, but ymmv
Thot2 :
ara ara indeed
Thot1:
@Thot2 , We can study Sappho togheter!
Thot1:
@Thot2 , Ara ara..
Chat Bot: Thot2 calls Thot1 mommy

I personally don't give a fuck, roplay your fursonna or whatever all you want, but blaming sdg for drunk harassing when you don't even take the time to block him while simultaneously inflicting this shit upon us, ...
Yeah

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Do I have to sink that low and bring up the pathetic cybersex the thot were having on the shoutbox...
Thot1:
Actually i am a mom too today. Thot2 called me mommy

Thot1:
@Thot2, *Winks*
Thot2:
Chat Bot: Thot1 spanks Thot2
Thot2 :
y are you lot so hrony today
Thot1:
Huehuehue
Thot1:
Now we miss Mibbs and Scroo and we have girlbox

Thot2 :
the closet thing i can give to sth objective is that basically everyone that has seen me on codex said i was cute so shrug
Thot2 :
i am told i'm cute, but ymmv
Thot2 :
ara ara indeed
Thot1:
@Thot2 , We can study Sappho togheter!
Thot1:
@Thot2 , Ara ara..
Chat Bot: Thot2 calls Thot1 mommy

I personally don't give a fuck, roplay your fursonna or whatever all you want, but blaming sdg for drunk harassing when you don't even take the time to block him while simultaneously inflicting this shit upon us, ...
Yeah

Why are you so triggered? I dont get it

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

He admitted in shoutbox that it was simply e-hugs etc., lol. You are so desperate to catch us out here, because you can't admit you hate women.

Even for an image reflecting the state 5 years ago, this is telling. Also where do you even get these terms... ?!? "Ancient misogyny". Who even talks like that?!?

View attachment genre-gender-percentages.webp
No one ever talks about the men playing candy crush huh. u.u Poor guys.

I think these charts are very limited in usefulness though, firstly because they are only percentage shares, not total numbers in each, and there's no reference to the overlap between them (e.g. I like "farm sims" like Stardew Valley, but I also like traditional roguelikes). Though I don't want to presume your exact meaning with it.

As for "ancient misogyny", all I mean is that a lot of the ideas, stereotypes, and harmful behaviour around women has a long history; not like domestic violence sprung up overnight, but more than that, certain writers have had a pernicious influence, such as Aristotle (who ended up being influential in more ways than appropriate via his adoption by the Catholic Church).

Paper on this: https://pdfhost.io/v/bXrzpWPZh_Aristotle_and_Woman

Don't read too much into my wording, deepset ideas just tend to have old roots, and misogyny is nothing new.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
imagine that I'm being routinely addressed by the whores every single time I happen to be frequenting the chatbox even thought I straight up do not talk to women
if that's not attention seeking then what is

Humbaba

Arcane
We've shifted from talking about SDG striking out to whether or not nuzzling constitutes sexual intercourse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom