Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hot Dragons & Dirty Dungeons for free

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems this game has a strange influence on some people :)

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
BROS I WAS PLAYING AND SOME CONSOLEFAG ASKED WHY DO YOU WEAR SUCH A QUEER MASK AND HINTED WHETHER OUR GUILD IS FAGS?!?!?! I DON'T KNOW BROS I'M NOT A CONSOLETARD BUT HE SAID THAT IT IS PRETTY FEARSOME!!??

oh god this game turned skyway gay

Data4

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
BROS I WAS PLAYING AND SOME CONSOLEFAG ASKED WHY DO YOU WEAR SUCH A QUEER MASK AND HINTED WHETHER OUR GUILD IS FAGS?!?!?! I DON'T KNOW BROS I'M NOT A CONSOLETARD BUT HE SAID THAT IT IS PRETTY FEARSOME!!??

cool story bros

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
So does this game get any better? I just reached the Harbor and only did minimal quests on noob island. I joined some people and tried the kobold quest and got my ass kicked. I am only level 2 and advancement seems a bit slow. I haven't ever been into a MMO, so I don't really know what to expect.

Could you add me to the guild? Maybe some of you could show me the ropes so I might get some ejoyment out of it. My name in the game is cgravy of the codex.

Yes...It's really that lame.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I tried DDO when it was first released, liked it a lot but gave up on it once I hit I believe around 12th.

I'm gonna download the freebie tonight and log in on Cannith. If anyone else wants to team up for the newbie quests I'll be making a boring fighter most likely.

My ultimate goal is to actually see Skyway playing a game and enjoying himself.

Multi-headed Cow

He's probably already done with it and thinks it's shit now. Your moment has most likely passed.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hmm, you may be right. Well, hopefully some other Codexers will still be playing or starting out again like I am.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's shit. I've been slacking for the past week.
It's only truly fun with other Codexers because only we can fail so hard to have 0 XP as a reward at the end of the mission and still complete it.
What is good however is that unlike all other MMOs equipment is so unimportant up to a point where we just give away it to each other and have everything we can carry at this level. And my bank is full with +3/+4 shit.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Well, that didn't take long. :D

Regardless, my guy's called Kazon, still running around newbie island. Things sure are different from the original starting area.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Got a quick question for anyone still playing this.

I've only got two active quests still listed: kill two more of the "rare" encounters on the island, and kill about 35 more regular enemies (to reach 200). There don't seem to be any more active quests available to me other than those now.

By completing these two, does that further the whole dragon quest thing? I assume that's eventually how you can take the ship to Stormreach, right?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you already did that quest where the dragon kills the illithid, you can speak to that one girl on the harbor, who should take you to the next area.
If not.. well... do the quest ;)

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
thesheeep said:
If you already did that quest where the dragon kills the illithid, you can speak to that one girl on the harbor, who should take you to the next area.

I'm sorry to sound like an idiot, but where is this quest initiated? I've looked all around on the village map for any yellow quest symbols and there don't seem to be any?

Fuck now I remember why I hate MMO's. Still, so addictive.

Multi-headed Cow

You have to first to roust the wizard dude hiding from the lizard mans, then you have to talk to his warforged life partner at the base of the hill/mountain over where that dwarf merchant is at.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
sah said:
No. And these quests are mostly a waste of time (no favor).

Who gives a shit about favor, seriously?
You can be a Drow with enough, or a Monk, or a favoured Soul or whatever. And gain some store points. But who needs that? Nobody.

If you want all the content, just get a premium or VIP account or buy the stuff that you want so much. It's a good enough game, so you might as well pay some money for it.
And you can have more than enough fun without all the pay-2-play content. For a free game.

sah

Liturgist
But why would you want to earn xp alone when you can earn both xp and favor at the same time?

Drow is not the only thing you get for favor. You can earn more inventory space and +2 thieves tools for instance.

Multi-headed Cow

Speaking of which, what races/classes CAN you get with just favor as a free to play account? I've read conflicting things. Some seem to say warforged, some seem to say drow, some seem to say both/neither classes. Some say it depends on if you're premium free to play or not.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Drow, 32-point character creation (from 28), and Favored Soul.

Everything but drow is a bitch to obtain. Favored soul would come quicker grinding for Turbine points. The 32-point build is only through favor and can't be bought.

Monk and Warforged can be bought with Turbine points, or included with a subscription.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Damn, I forgot how much fun this game can be, even soloing. I was able to purchase a set of half-plate +1 last night at the auction, and my 2nd level fighter's AC is already up to 26. He's got 65hp and is unstoppable on missions at the Solo difficulty level. I'll probably start running them at Normal for the extra xp and phat l00t.

Bah, I'm sure I'll get burned out again soon, but for now it's a kick.

Edit: Just want to comment, for fuck's sake and for anyone who cares to read, about the absolutely astonishing goofnuttedness that I see in this and other MMO's that is of course no surprise to anyone who's ever played them. For someone like me, however, who hasn't played one in a while, especially a MMO that's geared a little more towards a wider audience like DDO is rather than a Mature-rated one like AoC (last one I played), it's just a brain-killing shock to witness the infinitely varied, non-stop retardation, immaturity and inanity of almost everyone else around me in this game.

It's a little better once you get off n00b island, but still; you get guys who's names are like "xXX-+DarkDreadKillerFart+-XXx"or sometimes even just a "Jhjeiuweeb" or some other stupid shit. I can understand the lulz factor of some twenty-something stoner who just logs in while he's corked out of his gord but when you combine some of these twits with their incessant jumping around in the tavern and constantly swinging their dual-wield scimitars purposely trying to annoy everyone around them - well, we've all been there before

Anyway, rant over.

Redeye

Arcane
I wonder if they will let me log my old character from 2006/7.

Free service only.

Even though I did unlock drow.

Have no interest in them.

I found DDO to be uber carebeary.

How the hell am I supposed to grief?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom