Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hot Dragons & Dirty Dungeons for free

Nope, the max we can get from doing the point farming is around ~450 which will pay for 1 adventure and nobody can be arsed to do that kind of work for so little gain.

MetalCraze

Arcane
1 good adventure pack costs 750+
Maximum you can gain with a free account is ~3600 - but for that you will need to create 2 characters on each of 6 servers (12 in total) and spend all the time leveling them up and gaining turbine points redoing the same quests over and over again. Of course nobody in his sane mind will do this.

Multi-headed Cow

Ah well. I thought you'd get more points from leveling a single character up.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Well, we have two subscribers in the guild. It's a good start, but far from Codex exclusive runs.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
MetalCraze said:
1 good adventure pack costs 750+
Maximum you can gain with a free account is ~3600 - but for that you will need to create 2 characters on each of 6 servers (12 in total) and spend all the time leveling them up and gaining turbine points redoing the same quests over and over again. Of course nobody in his sane mind will do this.

Option b) just reroll.
Option c) you get 4 slots on every server for your first purchase.

Luan

Educated
You guys still playing often? Has content dried up yet for F2P Codexers? Was playing on Thelanis but decided to roll a Barb on Cannith.

sah

Liturgist
The only p2p feature I would really need at this point are the tomes of +stats. Not having the early access to +int tomes means my rogue's skills are foverer gimped in comparison to p2p characters.

Shannow

Waster of Time
MetalCraze said:
Shannow, have fun while it lasts. You can't get beyond lvl12 unless you pay and later free quests are pretty shite. All of this is basically an extended trial version of a game.
Meh, I thought the f2p content would stay similar for the whole game and you could go all the way with it...
If I had money to throw at them the p2p perks would easily have been enough to convince me. Now I simply feel cheated by the whole "f2P" = an extended trial thing and they won't see money from me even if I get some in the next few months...

Sure you can't get a level sigil past lvl 12 as a quest reward or "buy" one with the accumulated turbine points?

Well, there is still free content to steal from them.

Multi-headed Cow

I THINK YOU CAN FIND A LEVEL SIGIL BRO BUT THE QUEST STOP AROUND THAT LEVEL??? I DONT LIKE THAT BUT IT ISNT ON CONSOLE SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Multi-headed Cow said:
I THINK YOU CAN FIND A LEVEL SIGIL BRO BUT THE QUEST STOP AROUND THAT LEVEL??? I DONT LIKE THAT BUT IT ISNT ON CONSOLE SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

ok

Multi-headed Cow said:

ok

Multi-headed Cow said:

stop posting so much

Multi-headed Cow said:

stop

Multi-headed Cow said:

im serious

Multi-headed Cow said:

ill take your capn crunch away if you dont stop

Multi-headed Cow said:

thats it im calling your father

Multi-headed Cow said:

ok

Luan

Educated
Anyone get a chance to try any raid content? I think there is one involving a dragon around level 10ish. Anyhow, the Pit yesterday was pretty... the words escape me. It's like when you survive a car crash. You are so relieved to make it through and are kinda proud about it.

Or it was like surprise butt sex.

Can't decide.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
We have failed The Pit so many times...

At least once an attempt Satori swan dives into lava.

Multi-headed Cow

HEY BROS I DID AN EXTREME QUEST TODAY IT WAS STOP SOME ALCHEMIST DUDE FROM PUTTING ACID IN THE WATERS AND IT OWNED THERE WAS LIKE THIS PIT FULL OF ACID AND YOU HAD TO JUMP NOT LIKE CONSOLEFAG JUMPING BUT COOL COMPUTER JUMPING LIKE COMMANDER KEEN AND SHIT SO ANYWAY WE HIT SOME LEVERS AND HE WAS THIS BIG SCORPION DROW LIKE THING AND WE KILLED HIM AND SAVED THE DAY AND I GOT A PLUS TWO STAFF BUT IM A CLERIC SO WHAT DOES A CLERIC NEED A PLUS TWO STAFF FOR I NEED IT TO SHOVE UP THE ASSES OF CONSOLETARDS GOD BLESS AMERICA

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MetalCraze said:
We completed the Pit. I won't touch that shit ever again. I'd rather complete NWN2 OC orc caves 5 times in a row.

I was with that group and I guess that everybody would agree.... At least in NWN2 OC you're fighting while you are bored... and don't have to do rocket jumps.

On the other hand I'm now much more self-confident when I have to do silly and somehow risky jumps.

Luan

Educated
Well, in hindsight I realize that deep down inside I enjoyed the difficulty. I just hope that other instances can offer high levels of challenge in more palatable ways.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
HI BROS I WAS PLAYING A CLERIC BUT I WAS RATHER BE PLAYING A HEALING BOT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH GOOD MMORPG LIKE THIS BUT I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS I HAVE A LIFE I HAVE TO FINISH THIEF OF FATE

MetalCraze

Arcane
BROS I WAS PLAYING AND SOME CONSOLEFAG ASKED WHY DO YOU WEAR SUCH A QUEER MASK AND HINTED WHETHER OUR GUILD IS FAGS?!?!?! I DON'T KNOW BROS I'M NOT A CONSOLETARD BUT HE SAID THAT IT IS PRETTY FEARSOME!!??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom