Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hot Dragons & Dirty Dungeons for free

The first 4 quests being inside the village or including the main island? Also do you have to do them on elite?

Percy

Cipher
Satori said:
The first 4 quests being inside the village or including the main island?

Inside the Village, up until after The Collaborator mission when you kill that chump Jacoby Drexlhand. You get 50 a pop for this. Unfortunately you do have to do the starting tutorial each time though which is pretty annoying (as its your first character on the server). So I guess that's five all up, but since you know what to do should be pretty easy and you can just rush through with a great axe weilding fighter or barbarian.

Percy

Cipher
Satori said:
And you only have to do it on normal to get the points?

Yep.

EDIT: Judging by one of the above links, its because 5 favour have been accrued, so that = 50 as the first milestone and easiest to get.

Good links Multi-headed Cow.

When you enter a dungeon you get the option of solo or normal difficulty, hard opens up once you've done normal and elite after hard.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
There is no druid because druids suck. They are apparently adding druid later though.

And you can still pay to play because not everything is unlocked in free mode. Most importantly, a lot of quests and adventures. You can either buy adventure packs individually for a set amount of money/points, or spend $15 a month which gives you a few points and unlocks all adventure packs as long as you pay and a few other perks. And supposedly free content dries up around level 10, but I haven't played that far so I don't know how true that is.

It's effectively impossible to play the whole game for free since it would require a ridiculous amount of time grinding characters over the same quests over and over. You COULD do it, but it would be retarded.

Later? I didn't even know this shit was still being supported. Isn't this game ancient?

I'll play if druid gets added some time soon (which it won't)

MetalCraze

Arcane
There is an adventure pack narrated by Gary Gygax.

Clockwork Knight said:
So, I made a human paladin

Please kill yourself now.

Satori said:
Sov, Fye, Kraze want to do this farming? I reckon we could get ~3 adventures if we do it.

In a hour or two or so, currenty can't play.

Humanophage

Arcane
Could you make a list of the classes that the guild finds desirable? Then the OP could be asked to insert the list into the starting post for everyone to see.

L'ennui

Magister
Lvl 2 humie sorceror, named Lennui, on Cannith. Invite me and I shall join my butthurt brothers.

I CAST MAGIC MISSILE FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

(damn, that spell sucks. But the ice ray, empowered, is pretty nifty)

Multi-headed Cow

Marcelo21 said:
Later? I didn't even know this shit was still being supported. Isn't this game ancient?
2-3 years old. And it's still being supported, the same time they made it free to play they added a bundle of new content to the game and raised the level cap to 20 and added the favored soul class. So people who were still subscribed got a load of new goodies.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Module_9_Release_Notes

"Module 9" was the free to play update if you wanna see everything they recently added.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hmm, I re-rolled to rogue/fighter with the rogue part being taken seriously this time.
The new name is Einskaldir.
But I'm not sure I'd want to join a brotherhood of butthurt. You sound like a bunch of homogays.
What was the problem with "The Codex" of "The Codex of Arr Pee Gee" ?
Damn, I'm gone for a weekend and you manage to fuck up...

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Shannow said:
Hmm, I re-rolled to rogue/fighter with the rogue part being taken seriously this time.
But I'm not sure I'd want to join a brotherhood of butthurt. You sound like a bunch of homogays.

butthurt detected

Shannow

Waster of Time
Sovard said:
Shannow said:

butthurt detected
QED

MetalCraze

Arcane
Sovard said:

That was the intention because RPG Codex is for fags. We even have one tranny character in a guild. Also butthurt detected.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
fursecution :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom